Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm may be too powerful!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Hello,
Personally I think that at around level 60, storm starts to get way too powerful. Their critical, is so high, its almost crazy! While i think each school should get an equal opportunity. I know that each school has their stregnths, but i think storm has too many stregnths. Does anyone else have anything to add? or say?
Sierra PearlSmith-Level 61- Thaumaturge
Lindsey SeaBreeze-Level 30- Thuergist
~ Confidence is key to sucess, no matter how strong, or how weak~

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
As if. I think that it is terribly intimidating to, as a Diviner, go into PVP and see that the Thaumaturge you are facing has over twice as much health as you.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
lindseystar wrote:
Hello,
Personally I think that at around level 60, storm starts to get way too powerful. Their critical, is so high, its almost crazy! While i think each school should get an equal opportunity. I know that each school has their stregnths, but i think storm has too many stregnths. Does anyone else have anything to add? or say?

Ice school can be immune to Storm and Fire, can regain health very fast and can do great amount of damage.

At level 80, Ice can have high critical and high blocking ratings with their crafted gear.

Storm has high critical but very low blocking rating...

Ice is already considered the big tankers...

What else do you guys want?

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Storm is not over powered. In order ti get thise high attacks, storm loses everrything like critical block health resist. So pretty much they are forced to kill quick or they're killed. Storm loses everything, let it be that way and dont nerf it down into nothing.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lindseystar wrote:
Hello,

Since you're talking about "too many strengths", I will assume that this is a PvP complaint, and I'll give you the same answer I have everyone else:

Instead of complaining about how such-and-such is overpowered, why not spend the time learning how to maximize your own school's abilities? People in the Arena aren't stupid, and you'll have to work to outsmart them~ I know nothing about PvP, but it should be common sense that you change your strategy to suit the opponent. Just because you can't or won't do that doesn't make the school overpowered.

Storm is the go-big-or-go-home school, meaning that you either hit big or fizzle and "go home" to the Commons. Our job is to kill quickly, in hopes that the enemy doesn't live long enough to take us out~ a grandmaster diviner only has about 1900-2000 health, which is what the other schools have at level 30-odd. My wizards are proof of this~ Sestiva (Storm) is level 52, with 2025 health; Tavia (Life) is level 34, with 1989 health. If Sestiva's pet didn't have a health gift, they would be the same.

Now, put that number in Celestia, where even street mobs start with 6-8 power pips and critical constantly~ without our high damage, Storm wizards wouldn't stand a fighting chance in the higher-level worlds at all. We'd be absolutely slaughtered~ how is that fair?

From a PvP perspective: try walking into the Arena, and seeing an Ice wizard across from you with full immunity to Storm and over double your health~ no amount of armour piercing is going to get you through 100% resistance before that Ice wizard Towers you to death and then hits you with a blade-stacked Colossus. Or, what about that Life wizard, who just blades up while spamming Satyrs and only needs one Centaur to turn that Storm wizard into a bobblehead? By your logic, is that not overpowered?

Every school has its merits and flaws (RPG nerd-speak for pros and cons), so make another wizard if you don't like your school. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

For the record, I'm a PvE-only player who has zero interest in PvP and doesn't really care about this *insert school here* is over/underpowered business. That said, I have a low tolerance for baseless complaints, and this idea that Storm is overpowered is about as baseless as they come.

/my 2 cents, for what they're worth.

~the El Veeb army~

Laura Shadowsong (Balance/80)
Val Deathwhisper (Death/66)
Sestiva Stormblade (Storm/52)
Tavia Summershield (Life/34)
Patrick Dreamstalker (Myth/21)
Tara Winterbloom (Ice/18)
Angela Nightflame (Fire/15)

and her many, many alt accounts full of noobs!

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
My main school is Storm, he is lvl 80, and I shall ask you some questions: Have you seen an Avalon boss? Have you compared them to Storm's health? Their Critical Block? Their resist? Have you seen how much Avalon bosses critical? Have you seen an Ice with crafted gear? Have you seen us last 3 rounds in an Avalon fight without healing?

With all that said, lets time travel...

Sirens. When released, I believe it did 980? Not 880? They nerfed it. We became less powerful RIGHT there.

Wild Bolt. Don't even get me started.

So tell me, we are overpowered again?

-Gtafreak101

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Across all my archmages, i cant rely on my storm mage as much as my life, ice and death mage when farming for emp's, rings, red huckleberries, etc in Avalon. He is strong offensively but dealing with bosses 10k + life points and starts with 6 pips with a minion is not one of its strongest suits.

He also earned the most number of deaths on his way to becoming an archmage.

So, no. Storm is not overpowered.