Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

MOB pathing and encounter framework.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
I understand that Wizard101 like many MMO's is developed in content waves over time. However, should these waves of content adhere to a standard protocol in some fashion?

Going from zone to zone throughout the spiral, it's evident to anyone with a bit of gaming history/knowledge that the MOB pathing and encounter framework are inconsistent.

Examples:

PATHING
In the field, no wizard dueling circle should ever prevent another dueling circle in the same area from having access to the MOBs on hand. Some areas have had this attention to detail, while others have had rush development and no QA was performed. (To name a specific MOB and zone to site the example, Night Goblins in the High Road in Avalon)

ENCOUNTER FRAMEWORK
Also, when traveling throughout the spiral it is clear that the encounter framework (size, boundries, etc.) of the MOBs is inconsistent. Some MOBs can be danced around coming within a couple feet of them consistently without initiating an encounter, while other MOBs initiate an encounter from great distances.

I do suspect that the basic premise of Wizard101 is a miniature model which is blown up for game play and these parameters are associated with that, however it is disgruntling for myself and I'm sure other players to have to remember which zones have gone through proper QA and which zones have not.