Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice is now immunity to Fire and Storm

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Up to 101 resistance to fire and 102 to storm...

Ice can now be called immortals?

I don't see Storm or Fire wizards get 100 resistance to Ice.

The game has really favoritism Ice way too much, at this point only Ice itself can actually compete in PvP.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Im with you 100%
although ice should have high resist, they should never be allowed anything close to 100% + to any school, but unfortunatly alot of them are.

ArmoredRaptor wrote:

The game has really favoritism Ice way too much, at this point only Ice itself can actually compete in PvP.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
yep ice is immunity to fire and storm i have to fund out that the hard way.......

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Why start a new post?

There are TONS of posts regarding this exact subject. Why not post in one of those, instead of adding to the monotony of the threads of "Ice has too much resist".

The only school not overpowered is Balance. All other schools are overpowered in their own way, if you want to get technical.

There's gear out there you can purchase for coins, or craft that can give you really high resistance to Fire and Storm, as well as the other schools. Ice isn't the only one who can have that kind of resistance.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
QueQueg wrote:
Why start a new post?

There are TONS of posts regarding this exact subject. Why not post in one of those, instead of adding to the monotony of the threads of "Ice has too much resist".

The only school not overpowered is Balance. All other schools are overpowered in their own way, if you want to get technical.

There's gear out there you can purchase for coins, or craft that can give you really high resistance to Fire and Storm, as well as the other schools. Ice isn't the only one who can have that kind of resistance.
it is true because today i was doing mirror lake and there was this wizard named wolf, he had 101 storm resist

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Dont forget the rest of there resist is around 50 so it will take more then just prisms to beat ice for fire and storm. Another solution for storm is to use Insane bolt cause it works on universal resist.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
and now pets will have 5 talents instead of 4 making the resistance stacking situation much worse

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
conno365 wrote:
Dont forget the rest of there resist is around 50 so it will take more then just prisms to beat ice for fire and storm. Another solution for storm is to use Insane bolt cause it works on universal resist.

insane bolt will fail before killing an ice with it, and if the ice uses tower shields the insane bolt situation drastically worsens

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
ArmoredRaptor wrote:

Well time to make a ice :)

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Actually i'm interested to this, I've never seen or heard of a 100+ resist, so in this case does that mean total defense against the school? As in if you were to completely buff up for a potiential million hit it will always be zero? Hmm, well thats unfair beyond so many levels.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
seasnake wrote:
conno365 wrote:

insane bolt will fail before killing an ice with it, and if the ice uses tower shields the insane bolt situation drastically worsens
I seen how strong immunity works, someone used supercharge, stormblade, feint, and etc. Then final result was zero damage, why dont you come up with a solution. Though i highly doubt you have one...

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
QueQueg wrote:
Why start a new post?

Well someone is biased to a school. -.- Actually balance has gotten a lot strong thanks to mana burn and super nova. I don't believe you can say each school is over powered. It is seen that some schools just don't do well in pvp due to inbalance. For instance storm and death aren't doing well in pvp.

If you are about to state well "look at storms damage amount how is it not over powered?" Simply just because storm has high damage doesn't mean it is strong in pvp. Since storms have low health and lacks a strong DoT they won't be able to use high lvl attacks. Also they won't be able to use a lot of blades. This makes them resort to wild bolt which is a luck based spell.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Snowyandspots wrote:
QueQueg wrote:
Why start a new post?

Well someone is biased to a school. -.- Actually balance has gotten a lot strong thanks to mana burn and super nova. I don't believe you can say each school is over powered. It is seen that some schools just don't do well in pvp due to inbalance. For instance storm and death aren't doing well in pvp.

If you are about to state well "look at storms damage amount how is it not over powered?" Simply just because storm has high damage doesn't mean it is strong in pvp. Since storms have low health and lacks a strong DoT they won't be able to use high lvl attacks. Also they won't be able to use a lot of blades. This makes them resort to wild bolt which is a luck based spell.

Death and Storm aren't doing well in PvP? I'll admit, it gets a little tough at times and I'm not the highest level yet, but I can usually get along ok. Still, if I run into someone with 100% Storm resist then I would probably freak out.

100%

That's scary. I have a good Storm boost, but nothing matters with something like that. I would only be scared with something at 70% or above with my boost. I realize Ice is supposed to resist well and usually I'm against saying anything is really overpowered, but... 100?

I think this put me into shock for a moment. I came onto this thread expecting people to just talk about how overpowered a school is and only give meaningless "facts" but... this is pretty serious. I guess it's time to pack those prisms and hope you survive, guys.

Amber Stormsong Level 66 Diviner

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Storm already had a hard time in pvp at the time of Celestia, but now? The schools that excel in resist like balance ice life and death will continue to grow resist while the attacking schools are left in the dust. The thing that no one seems to get is resist calculates over damage, 100% damage is double the original damage, 100% resist makes all damage zero. I think that the system should be a canceling type of function 100% damage should cancel out 100% resist to make the damage normal.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
QueQueg wrote:
Why start a new post?

I don't think you know the game very well. If people do that, they lose to much of their stats that affect their most important skills. Balance is overpowered in PvP, Ice is overpowered as well. If you can't see that, than you're blind. Fire and Storm can get around 60% resist to ice at the max. Ice is just too dominant in PvP, and balance? If you don't think balance is OP, you should really play the game more. Mana Burn? Destroying your Aura? Can only be blocked my tower shield? Balance must not be OP. LOL. We have a genius here....haha.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I'm not biased to any particular school. Each one has it's uniqueness and it takes time to learn what each one does.

People don't do well in PvP, because of STRATEGY, not because a school doesn't do well. The right combination of gear and what cards you put in your deck are what is going to help you win.

On my Balance, I don't even bother with super nova or mana burn. It's a luck of the draw for one, and the other is frankly, a waste of my pips. With the strategy I use, I win about 67-70% of my matches.

I don't even PvP on my Ice. I don't have Fire and Storm immunity, because I'd rather concentrate on keeping my offense stats up, because that will make it a shorter battle.

My Death does excellent, especially with the proper crafted gear. Add in a pet with decent stats, and I can breeze through PvE and win 80%+ in PvP.

If Ice has 100% resist, then you can bet your bottom dollar their offense stats suffer quite a bit.

My next school for PvP is Myth. I've got some ideas on strategy, and I've been using the practice PvP to test my wizard there. So far, so good.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
QueQueg wrote:
I'm not biased to any particular school. Each one has it's uniqueness and it takes time to learn what each one does.

People don't do well in PvP, because of STRATEGY, not because a school doesn't do well. The right combination of gear and what cards you put in your deck are what is going to help you win.

On my Balance, I don't even bother with super nova or mana burn. It's a luck of the draw for one, and the other is frankly, a waste of my pips. With the strategy I use, I win about 67-70% of my matches.

I don't even PvP on my Ice. I don't have Fire and Storm immunity, because I'd rather concentrate on keeping my offense stats up, because that will make it a shorter battle.

My Death does excellent, especially with the proper crafted gear. Add in a pet with decent stats, and I can breeze through PvE and win 80%+ in PvP.

If Ice has 100% resist, then you can bet your bottom dollar their offense stats suffer quite a bit.

My next school for PvP is Myth. I've got some ideas on strategy, and I've been using the practice PvP to test my wizard there. So far, so good.

Crafted ice gear will leave them around 40% damage boost. Its still pretty high.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I have also found this out the hard way. Pet defense ability stacking on top of their equipment's defense boosts make an easy 90%+ resistance against Fire and Storm, and around 50% for everything else.

Not to mention Ice's 4000 health and new, powerful attacks.

Something has to be done....

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Ice wizards are plain overpowered.
Their blocks, resist, criticals and health annoy me.
The schools I don't like facing in PvP (In order) are: [Reasons are also listed.]

Ice. - Blocks, Resist, Criticals and Health.
Balance. - Their 6 shields, and the way you need tower shield or something to block off most of their damage. To me, Mana burn is quite annoying.
Storm. - LOL EPIC OVERKILL KRAKEN FIRST ROUND.
Myth. - They don't let me keep my blades.
Death. - ew. feints. >_>
Life. - trololololololololololol. Don't like fighting my own school, because they dispel A LOT.

The only school I'm willing to fight is Fire.
Idk why.

But yeah, Ice is overpowered and most of us are hoping that they'd change it, the way they take over Ranked PvP.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Funny, lets look at this:
Pet: 15% Resist, unless they have the glitched Spell proof, then 25%.
Boots: (Crowns only, but gives GS!) 16% Resist
Celestial Snow Smock: 17% Resist
Hat: 12% Waterworks
Elissa's Band: 3%
Heartsteel: 5%
That is 78 universal resist with double spell proof. 68 with normal kinds. Now thats not including pet resist:
15% Fire Ward
15% Storm Ward
93 to storm and fire, and still 78 Universal! Now they could ditch the spell defy for spritely if they have double proof, or just put spritely in that open spot. They can have 68% Universal, 83% Storm and fire. They are the only school in the game who can do that. Not bad stats, thats the worst part. Snow Smock and Hat give decent stats for ice, plus some other item like Sidhe Staff or Wyrd Oak staff and that boosts them majorly unless they are using sword of kings, which is still better than the sword for most schools.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
What people keep forgetting is, if Ice has that must resist, other stats are tanked.

Those that believe that having their Ice wizard at the highest resist possible is the best option, they are sorely mistaken. The best Ice wizard, is finding the right balance with both offense and defense, even if that means dropping resistance down.

Ice damage boosts are low to begin with. Keeping it within the 30-36% range is a challenge. The same goes for power pips, which can be between 60-70%. Gear is very important for an Ice. However, gear must be looked at very carefully, as it may look good to you at first, but when you put it all together, you may find it disappointing when you find you're missing other important stats.

It's important for any school to keep more than one set of gear handy in your backpack. Depending on who you are fighting, whether it's PvP or PvE, you can switch gear to boost stats in a particular area that is needed for the fight.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
QueQueg wrote:
Why start a new post?

Not true fire is not overpowered in any way. If you have a way fire is overpowered I'd love to hear it!

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
cowstastegood wrote:
QueQueg wrote:
Why start a new post?

Not true fire is not overpowered in any way. If you have a way fire is overpowered I'd love to hear it!

You have tried spamming fire dots right? It doesn't make fire overpowered but they are strong.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
Ya. Ice damage can be low but they are not too low compared to their crazy resist. I can sacrifice damage for resist but there are not much options for fire. The biggest resist of Ice I saw in PvP was 74 for fire, 80+ for storm and 50+ global defense. My fire has 38 global resist and 68 attack. Even if i use convert, it is hard to defeat him. Well, it took him time to defeat me but I knew from the beginning I could not win. I can kill any school but not ice. Even if you don't accept it, its a reality. Facts speak for it. If you need the best strategy available to defeat Ice, Ice can defeat you without much strategy.

Explorer
May 09, 2010
AstroStorm wrote:
Storm already had a hard time in pvp at the time of Celestia, but now? The schools that excel in resist like balance ice life and death will continue to grow resist while the attacking schools are left in the dust. The thing that no one seems to get is resist calculates over damage, 100% damage is double the original damage, 100% resist makes all damage zero. I think that the system should be a canceling type of function 100% damage should cancel out 100% resist to make the damage normal.

I totally agree, whats the use of 90% damage boost if your attacking someone IMMUNE.