Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

newer minions idea

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 19, 2011
Ok so after many times casting the minions it is useless now so i thought
maybe their should be newer minions like=

fire demon-1300 hp,spells =fire helephant,fire kraken,50-accuracy,
sprite,phoenix.fire blade

ice knight-1500 hp,spells =Ice kraken,Icezilla,tower shield,stun,
sprite,ice phoenix,handsome fomori giant.ice blade

storm kraken-1200 hp,spells =stormzilla,kraken, Catalan,
sprite,storm trap,ice and fire shields,storm phoenix.

myth froudling-1300 hp,spells=earthquake ,Minotaur,myth blade,
Medusa,stun,ninja pig

death seraph-1400 hp,spells=death seraph,death ninja pig,wraith,
scarecrow death blade,empower.

life Minotaur-1400 hp,spells=life Minotaur,guardian angel,life blade,
satyr,gnome,forest lord,goat monk,sprite

balance =hp 1300,spells=chimera,samoorai,balance blade,Ra,55-accuracy
(i'll think of something later)

no Pvp,can critical,can critical block,
attack=15,defense=15 to all,accuracy=5
to all minions

share you ideas here

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
noe99664 wrote:
Ok so after many times casting the minions it is useless now so i thought
maybe their should be newer minions like=

fire demon-1300 hp,spells =fire helephant,fire kraken,50-accuracy,
sprite,phoenix.fire blade

ice knight-1500 hp,spells =Ice kraken,Icezilla,tower shield,stun,
sprite,ice phoenix,handsome fomori giant.ice blade

storm kraken-1200 hp,spells =stormzilla,kraken, Catalan,
sprite,storm trap,ice and fire shields,storm phoenix.

myth froudling-1300 hp,spells=earthquake ,Minotaur,myth blade,
Medusa,stun,ninja pig

death seraph-1400 hp,spells=death seraph,death ninja pig,wraith,
scarecrow death blade,empower.

life Minotaur-1400 hp,spells=life Minotaur,guardian angel,life blade,
satyr,gnome,forest lord,goat monk,sprite

balance =hp 1300,spells=chimera,samoorai,balance blade,Ra,55-accuracy
(i'll think of something later)

no Pvp,can critical,can critical block,
attack=15,defense=15 to all,accuracy=5
to all minions

share you ideas here
there is already a mander minion for balance so i am thinking maybe a scarab or a scorpion minion

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I'm going to share the idea I had (from the Ideas Welcome thread) for minions:

Ok, so I did a search and found nothing like this. My suggestion is for Minions. I've seen that people want a different way to handle them, so how about this:

1) Minions now gain XP per battle fought in. Using a basic leveling system as an example:

10,000 XP needed for Level 2
15,000 XP needed for Level 3 (25,000 total)
20,000 XP needed for Level 4 (45,000 total)

As the minion levels up, it gets more health and mana just like we do, which would auto fill on level up. Roaming MP/HP refills would also work ONCE THE WIZARD was maxed out. We can equip it with better gear with a cap, say Wizard level 20. Heck, even going up to level 10 equipment would be good. SOMETHING to better arm the Minion. Any item that would normally grant a card to the wizard (the necklaces for example), would bestow that same card to the Minion so it yields the same benefits.

2) Minions should have their own customizable deck. The Minion Deck would grow in size and strength of spell allowed on each level, maxing out at say, level 4, which could use the (using my school - Fire), Astute Pyromancer's Deck would be a good example to use. Minion decks could be filled with cards, like our decks can. We should be able to CHOOSE which cards go into their decks, including treasure cards (which would be great for those Minion Boosting cards). This way, we have a USEFUL ally that can be totally customized, but not a total warhorse that would do our damage FOR us. They would have the same selection of spells we do, regardless of what we fill our decks with. Perhaps have the Minion LEARN new spells by watching the wizard casting it successfully. once they SEE the spell, they have access to the card to cast the spell.

3) Quests - there should be a line of quests, on each world (and some multiworld ones too), involving getting the minions experience, specialized items and cards.

4) Minions should have their own tab on the master screen that includes spots for equipped as well as stats.

5) Pet Integration is kind of tricky. Should the Minion benefit from the Wizard's pet? I don't know, maybe at half the benefit (so if you get a 6% chance of power pips, the minion gets a boost of 3%). Should new skills be created to help the minion? This could be a LOT more trouble than it's worth. Should minions have their own pets? I think that would be just too much to keep track of.

Now I understand there would need to be rebalancing across the game, however, I think it could be handled QUITE easily with a simple comparison of "if you have the Minion card in your ACTIVE deck (the one that has the spells you use in combat), enhance the enemies by 25%-35%. Another method would be to have the Minion limited to 75% of the card's outcome.

This is just something I've had issue with (as many others have) since I started using my Minion

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Snowy, if you're replying to me, keep it the same pip cost. Why would it need to increase? Personally, i think minions need to be more helpful. mine has done me a lot of good

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
dayerider wrote:
Snowy, if you're replying to me, keep it the same pip cost. Why would it need to increase? Personally, i think minions need to be more helpful. mine has done me a lot of good

I know it would be nice to have new minions but ipthey never were helpful during the level I got them. These kinda seem like henchman rather than minions.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I can understand that, because really, the only difference between henchmen and minions is one you cast and one you buy. The thing is, with my suggestion, it balances all the minions across the game, because instead of getting piddly spells, YOU are the one who chooses what spells it can cast and fill its spellbook with. For example (from fire school):

I'd MAYBE only have 2 link spells vs the 10 my minion seems to have (I like the idea of being self sufficient, but if I remove a few of the heals, he can be more useful)
I'd remove firecat totally and perhaps give it heckhound instead (per pip, HH does more damage than FC even at a 1pip cost)

Things like that. I'd mold the minion into a much more efficient/powerful fighter. As for the armor and such, it seems silly we cant arm the minions when they're gonna be attacked.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
just a question here. my storm minion seems to be incredibly stupid when it comes to spell casting. it usually casts a pixie on itself the first round it's alive then a shield the next. it usually only does stuff for itself even when i have really low health and it has full. is this the same for all minions?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I'd say about 60% of the time mine casts a heal spell first, but also includes casting pixie on me, so it's not always a bad thing. But this is why I'd love to be able to choose the cards my minion uses; so I can help shape the outcome of the battle even more. my minion seems to have like 6 or 8 LINK spell cards (30 + 150 Damage & 15 + 105 Healing over 3 Rounds) that I would LOVE to be able to use elsewhere. Could you imagine how effective ALL minions would be, if you could swap the deck out before every fight? Fire vs fire configurations? Fire vs Ice? change it all before a battle, ESPECIALLY with a tough boss fight and you've changed the complete layout of the battle.