Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stitching Questions - for New stitchers

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
Hi,

I have a transcended balance wizard and just heard someone talk about stitching abilities in the game. I looked online and here and haven't seen a good conprehensive guide to all wands, hats, armor, and boots and the "ideal stiching to do."

Since most people farm waterworks or zafaria for their ideal gear who i've spoken with in the game, I am wondering if there is a list of ALL gear including crafting and crowns with a ranking of what the best attributes of each are. This would be useful for people wanting to stitch other school attributes to their gear.

Basically I just want the best gear to critical when i'm helping others in their battles, have extra balance power, and more overall defense and i'm willing to stitch to get it...just unsure what to craft or what to farm for now to get it.

Also...can you stitch any higher level gear stats on to your existing useable gear (example: a level 5 wand with stitched level 76 wand stats ), so a level 5 wizard can use a wand with extra power pips and all that other good stuff (including being from a different school)?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I think I am reading that you want to take some stats from one piece of gear and put it toward another?

Stitching is actually an appearance thing purchased for 100 crowns for each item you want to change the look of.

In other words, I have taken my WaterWorks robe and stitched it to another robe I liked the looks of better, this erases all the stats of the robe I stitched my WaterWorks robe to and replaces all the stats with the WaterWorks robe. So be careful not to stitch to anything you actually liked the stats of. I tend to buy or win something with low stats I don't mine being erased that looks exactly like a higher level item I may want to keep. Stitching can no be reversed. While in the screen it is pretty straight forward on how it goes.

The best way to get an idea on what is available stat wise for your wizard is the Bazaar. While the buy tab is up click in the box to only show what is usable by your wizard then click twice on level to list highest to lowest, I go one further and click on the School one so only my school gear shows up first.

Crafting is for those who have done the craft quests from the worlds as they have traveled though the spiral. Certain levels allow you to craft certain gear. Personally I quest though the Seal of the Seven Seas in Celestia and Craft the Wintertusk gear for my wizards, altho I do find the boots fall a bit short the rest of the gear does help me avoid WaterWorks.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
You need to work for the gear, So I'm trying not to make this a spoiler post but when you work for your gear it usually isn't easy -So cheating bosses and crafting it sounds about right.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Omahaguy1979 wrote:
Hi,

I have a transcended balance wizard and just heard someone talk about stitching abilities in the game. I looked online and here and haven't seen a good conprehensive guide to all wands, hats, armor, and boots and the "ideal stiching to do."

Since most people farm waterworks or zafaria for their ideal gear who i've spoken with in the game, I am wondering if there is a list of ALL gear including crafting and crowns with a ranking of what the best attributes of each are. This would be useful for people wanting to stitch other school attributes to their gear.

Basically I just want the best gear to critical when i'm helping others in their battles, have extra balance power, and more overall defense and i'm willing to stitch to get it...just unsure what to craft or what to farm for now to get it.

Also...can you stitch any higher level gear stats on to your existing useable gear (example: a level 5 wand with stitched level 76 wand stats ), so a level 5 wizard can use a wand with extra power pips and all that other good stuff (including being from a different school)?

there are guides on wizard101central.com

also for the extra question after also
the stitched stats become the stat boosts along with how high lvled you must be to wear stats
you can stitch a low lvl item with the look of a high lvl item to have a high lvl appearance but you will still get the boosts of the low stat item you stitched for to make it for
or stitch a low lvl items look and have a high lvl stat boosts for your higher lvl chars
but

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
no,if you stitch a level 5 wand to lets say a 80 everything in the level 5 wand is lost except the look but will have the stats of the 80 level wand