Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Over 50000 crowns over 1 spell ...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Hey, this is my first time actually posting on the message boards.
But anyways, I've wasted over 50000 crowns trying to get the deer knight spell from the knight's lore pack. I was also unable to get either handsome fomori or catalan. Is this a bug that needs to be fixed? Or am i just extremly unlucky?
50000 crowns is 100$ total in cash. I honestly think Kingsisle cheated my dad out of his money since he is the one who buys the game cards for me. Since i was unable to get the spell, i am trying to craft it right now ... Amber is gonna be fun to get hehe ... :? So anyways what do you guys think? I actually wanna hear from adminstrators too. I need to get something out of this ... cause i feel like i've been ripped off more importantly my dad's been ripped off. :? So anyways leave a post behind. To explain this to me ... please someone.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
wow, thats a lot of money. No spell is worth that much cuz it is much easier to use three hench men instead. But i do no the feeling. i opened A LOT of lore packs and got really bad stuff. it is just how w101 makes $. My advise is if you wanna see this spell so bad, go on you tube.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Skylord2 wrote:
But anyways, I've wasted over 50000 crowns trying to get the deer knight spell from the knight's lore pack. I was also unable to get either handsome fomori or catalan. Is this a bug that needs to be fixed? Or am i just extremly unlucky?
50000 crowns is 100$ total in cash. I honestly think Kingsisle cheated my dad out of his money since he is the one who buys the game cards for me. Since i was unable to get the spell, i am trying to craft it right now ... Amber is gonna be fun to get hehe ... :? So anyways what do you guys think? I actually wanna hear from adminstrators too. I need to get something out of this ... cause i feel like i've been ripped off more importantly my dad's been ripped off. :? So anyways leave a post behind. To explain this to me ... please someone.

It might help if you read some of the announcements. On this link, scroll down to "A Message from J. Todd Coleman":

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/newsletter/august2012

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Skylord2 wrote:

First of all I think all KI could say to you young wizard is "Thank You". More importantly at any time that you went on this spending spree you could have stopped it. In the end KI did not rip your dad off - you did - unless he gifted all those packs to you then he spent the money willingly also.

In the end either way you get items in the pack - just because they aren't the ones you wanted doesn't mean they were a rip off. Buying sight unseen is clearly your thing and that is what these packs feed on.

Take it from one who does not intend to buy in on this spell feeding frenzy for the new spells that can be bought, crafted or farmed - all my wizards in every school are playing solo just fine with out any of them.

All back to - when stuff becomes more important in the game you aren't really playing the game any more. This is not a necessary spell to progress your wizard though the Spiral.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Skylord2 wrote:

If you "try" to get anything within the card packs, you are going to be disappointed. The card packs offer seven random things; that's what you pay for. Some players get lucky and get the highly advertised equipment, most do not (this is why they are classified as ultra-rare or rare).

Your dad didn't get cheated out of his money. Your dad gave you 50,000 Crowns and the decision to spend the Crowns how you saw fit.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
thx for the explanation, but since J. Todd Colemen decided to give the deer knight spell to people who recieved catalan or handsome fomori, and since i didnt get either of those, i am out of luck...

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
There is a chance for you to get the spell, nothing is a given.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Either you or your dad who chose to get the game cards, it could have been $60-$80 for more crowns than that. And, don't waste your crowns on the hoard packs, they give you junk almost every time, unless, if you get lucky, you can get everything you wanted from all of them in the first try. Open one at a time, open 'em all and you have nothing left.