Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Surround Sound Audio Issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
I'm having a strange problem with my audio. I have surround sound and it appears that most of the audio, minus the spoken dialogue is coming out of my rear speakers. This is especially evident when I'm in combat. Odd thing is, sometimes the audio is louder out of the rear right channel and sometimes it's the rear left channel, but it's always louder out of the rear.

Here are my system specs.

Win7 64bit w/Quad Core Intel CPU
6gig ram
X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series
Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT 1gig

I'm a heavy gamer and all my drivers are up to date. I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. This is the only game I play that does this. All other games and all videos I play work fine.

Any ideas?

Defender
May 24, 2012
I'm not an audio expert, but I seem to remember having to set my old Kenwood stereo from plain stereo to Dolby, or something like that. Like stereo was only 2 channels and Dolby is 4 or 5 for all your speakers. If I'm totally wrong, my apologies. Any of you guys feel free to correct me.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
Thank you for trying to help. I appreciate your time and effort. Unfortunately the system is already 5.1 and setup for surround sound.