Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Balance Insanely Overpowered?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Okay, yes, I'm a Balance wizard to start off with. And, I do PvP more then anything else (Probably even more then I sleep). And, I noticed something along these last 3 days, that Balance is an insanely powerful school, and very well privileged. We can cut other wizard's pips down, attack from any corner, remove auras from the opponents as well as punishing them for using the aura, punishing the opponents for saving up too many pips, an amazing Mander Minion that shield, Weaknesses, Black Mantles, attacks, and blades, and also some epic healing spells such as Availing Hands, can boost any school, can shield from any corner, and is almost unstoppable with the right gear. So for the past 3 days, I have kept track of my wins to losses, and I've ave 48 wins, and 0 losses. (I was very busy with other things this week, as well as doing PvP with my other wizards). So, people say that Balance is at the bottom of the charts for Archmage 1v1 PvP. Well, my opinion is that Balance is actually at the top, due to how I play it. If Balance has this gear, you'll never be able to defeat them:
Mandolin of the Evermore (80+V)
Full Waterworks Gear Set
Courtly Dirk
Aureate Band
Dragonblade/Storm Beetle pet with: Spell-Proof 10%, Spell-Defying 5%, Spritely, and Balance-It (Balance accuracy talent) at 6%.

Well, I defeat all kinds of wizards, including other Balance wizards, and also Ice wizards who are immune to Fire, Tower Shield and Guardian Spirit spammers who are Life, and even Wild Bolt spammers who can actually control Wild Bolt and always make it hit 1000 damage. But, what I have also noticed, was that when I constantly watched other Balance wizards do ranked pvp, any strategy could get them to Captain+. I even saw Scorpion spamming with a victory (Trust me, that would never work on an Ice wizard Well, I also noticed that the opponents cannot Armor Pierce against Balance wizards, unless they want to take a nice 1000 damage pounder from Supernova (Without any blades at all!!!!) I also saw Balance wizards who used Myth Mastery Amulets always just stacking up their own defenses, and waiting for the opponent to stack up everything, and then use Earthquake and then follow it up with a Chimera in a few following rounds. I saw MC Pierce pets that Balance wizards had used and they just stacked up while their pet kept on taking care of their Tower Shields, and then BANG!! Judgement annihilates the opponent. Balance has the second highest health in wizard101, the third highest damage boost, tied with Death on the 4th highest resist, second worst critical rating, second best block rating, highest power pip chance, and also about the best heal boost.

Now, I'm not saying that you don't have a chance against Balance wizards, but if a lone Balance wizard can get 48 wins in a row, that has to mean something. My friend has over 75 wins in a row (Last time I checked, I'm really not sure about now), and no losses, and he's Balance as well, but he's had more time to pvp then I had. Balance is a 1v1 type school, and is insanely powerful!!!!!! I love Balance! The minions rock, Balance is perfect with Life Mastery Amulets, (Shatter is 3 pips, I prefer to use a Mastery Amulet for 4 pips for Satyrs instead), and then can also train Infection and cut other's heals, can spam Black Mantles until the opponent is at full pips then use Mana Burn and repeat, really, Balance has the most varieties and most effective strategies to use. Now, I'm not saying that I never lose, no, I'm still waiting for my Death friend to log on for a rematch, but now it's time to question you guys:
Should Balance become more powerful in the next update, or is it time for Balance to take a rest?

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
Um, on another thread not to long ago, you were saying how balance is the weakest class for PvP, and now they are the strongest?

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
lol i think it is hilarious. The people who say balance is not overpowered is usually balance and probably has only that one wizard. I'm glad i could finally find a person who too thinks balance is overpowered. Yes, balance is overpowered, but they always have those spells that can easily counter them. Some people even ask if they can get better spells next time because they got terrible ones. lol i suspect they didn't even look at ice's new spells. I even read one post saying that supernova is too weak. lol anyways the answer to your question is yes, but slightly. of course all schools have their overpowered things and spells.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
balance should become more powerful than any other school of magic. i agree with this post.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Well... Um... I am surprised someone from their own school is saying it is slightly op.

Um I am death myself and I have found that it is easier to win against balance when I am first. Although if I go second I pretty much don't have a chance. Due to mana burn and super nova balance has gotten some awesome new spells in the arena making them move up a bit.

I feel the order is changed to more of a ice, (life or fire), myth, balance, death, storm.
Some of the schools are debatable. I mean ice is up there and life kinda got bumped up a lot because of guardian spirit. Balance moved up and mainly storm is still at the end. Usually death and balance are very close to each other due to have close everything from accuracy, pip chance, reistance, damage, and health. Although death is starting to slide down a bit since the spells it got were too situational for pvp.

Balance's mana burn is really only good if going first, while super nova is good whenever an aura is up, so over all balance has it pretty good.

I believe balance should stay where it is. I think it is a powerful school due to judgement, mana burn, and super nova. It is hard to counter these spells when going first and very hard going second making it difficult to fight a balance.

Tell me how your match goes against death, it should be evenly matched if death goes first. Although the death would probably lose if going second.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
I think you just have a lot of pvp experience.
I not pvp too much so i just having a question. How do you win life wiz who spam GS + Satyr + Sanctuary and has crazy heal boost? This fight can last till someone fall asleep. The Sanctuary always replace doom and gloom and now both sides can heal themselves more than the damage done.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
joujou11cool wrote:
Okay, yes, I'm a Balance wizard to start off with. And, I do PvP more then anything else (Probably even more then I sleep). And, I noticed something along these last 3 days, that Balance is an insanely powerful school, and very well privileged. We can cut other wizard's pips down, attack from any corner, remove auras from the opponents as well as punishing them for using the aura, punishing the opponents for saving up too many pips, an amazing Mander Minion that shield, Weaknesses, Black Mantles, attacks, and blades, and also some epic healing spells such as Availing Hands, can boost any school, can shield from any corner, and is almost unstoppable with the right gear. So for the past 3 days, I have kept track of my wins to losses, and I've ave 48 wins, and 0 losses. (I was very busy with other things this week, as well as doing PvP with my other wizards). So, people say that Balance is at the bottom of the charts for Archmage 1v1 PvP. Well, my opinion is that Balance is actually at the top, due to how I play it. If Balance has this gear, you'll never be able to defeat them:
Full Waterworks Gear Set
Courtly Dirk
Aureate Band
Dragonblade/Storm Beetle pet with: Spell-Proof 10%, Spell-Defying 5%, Spritely, and Balance-It (Balance accuracy talent) at 6%.

Well, I defeat all kinds of wizards, including other Balance wizards, and also Ice wizards who are immune to Fire, Tower Shield and Guardian Spirit spammers who are Life, and even Wild Bolt spammers who can actually control Wild Bolt and always make it hit 1000 damage. But, what I have also noticed, was that when I constantly watched other Balance wizards do ranked pvp, any strategy could get them to Captain+. I even saw Scorpion spamming with a victory (Trust me, that would never work on an Ice wizard Well, I also noticed that the opponents cannot Armor Pierce against Balance wizards, unless they want to take a nice 1000 damage pounder from Supernova (Without any blades at all!!!!) I also saw Balance wizards who used Myth Mastery Amulets always just stacking up their own defenses, and waiting for the opponent to stack up everything, and then use Earthquake and then follow it up with a Chimera in a few following rounds. I saw MC Pierce pets that Balance wizards had used and they just stacked up while their pet kept on taking care of their Tower Shields, and then BANG!! Judgement annihilates the opponent. Balance has the second highest health in wizard101, the third highest damage boost, tied with Death on the 4th highest resist, second worst critical rating, second best block rating, highest power pip chance, and also about the best heal boost.

Now, I'm not saying that you don't have a chance against Balance wizards, but if a lone Balance wizard can get 48 wins in a row, that has to mean something. My friend has over 75 wins in a row (Last time I checked, I'm really not sure about now), and no losses, and he's Balance as well, but he's had more time to pvp then I had. Balance is a 1v1 type school, and is insanely powerful!!!!!! I love Balance! The minions rock, Balance is perfect with Life Mastery Amulets, (Shatter is 3 pips, I prefer to use a Mastery Amulet for 4 pips for Satyrs instead), and then can also train Infection and cut other's heals, can spam Black Mantles until the opponent is at full pips then use Mana Burn and repeat, really, Balance has the most varieties and most effective strategies to use. Now, I'm not saying that I never lose, no, I'm still waiting for my Death friend to log on for a rematch, but now it's time to question you guys:
Should Balance become more powerful in the next update, or is it time for Balance to take a rest?

What you describe is quite true and I don't think Balance should back down. Every school has a shot at this and it is true that Balance has the advantage.

But listen to this: I'm a level 44 life wizard and I can heal whenever i want to. Balance can't do that. So you do a bit an advantage, but so does every school: death has drain spells, storm is super powerful! Everyone has the advantage, not only balance.
Miranda ThunderGem (life)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Dillon7265 wrote:
Um, on another thread not to long ago, you were saying how balance is the weakest class for PvP, and now they are the strongest?

Yes, of course a year and a half isn't too long ago, congratulations.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
open33 wrote:
I think you just have a lot of pvp experience.
I not pvp too much so i just having a question. How do you win life wiz who spam GS + Satyr + Sanctuary and has crazy heal boost? This fight can last till someone fall asleep. The Sanctuary always replace doom and gloom and now both sides can heal themselves more than the damage done.

Well, since both sides are evened out, tricking the opponent by using Power Play to take away a Sanctuary is a good idea, and then using Doom and Gloom right before you know they'll heal. I usually win bubble wars like that

Also, using Infection never hurts, even if the opponent using Sprite to take it away, because guess who's the one using their pips? The Life wizard. If the Life wizard does use Sanctuary, use it as your own advantage until you see an opening for Doom and Gloom, whether both sides are using it or not. Guardian Spirit is a difficult spell to take over, but if you time your spells just right, the Life wizard will fall for almost any trick you pull off. Sometimes not to trick is the way to trick. If the Life wizard expects a trick, then don't trick them, then they'll be tricking themselves. That's all I have to tell you about defeating Life wizards!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Dillon7265 wrote:

Oh! Now I know what you're talking about, no, I was saying that Balance was supposed to be the weakest Due to what other people say, but my opinions go for Balance being high in the pvp charts.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Dillon7265 wrote:
your right

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Galaxyl0l wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Full Waterworks Gear Set
Courtly Dirk
Aureate Band

What you describe is quite true and I don't think Balance should back down. Every school has a shot at this and it is true that Balance has the advantage.

But listen to this: I'm a level 44 life wizard and I can heal whenever i want to. Balance can't do that. So you do a bit an advantage, but so does every school: death has drain spells, storm is super powerful! Everyone has the advantage, not only balance.

balence as availing and helping hands they can heal to meany

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Maxo123456789 wrote:
Dillon7265 wrote:
your right

Um, no, you guys are actually both wrong. If you've read correctly, I said Balance was supposed to be, rated by other people. You should more carefully before you make claims

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
Dillon7265 wrote:

Oh! Now I know what you're talking about, no, I was saying that Balance was supposed to be the weakest Due to what other people say, but my opinions go for Balance being high in the pvp charts.

I wouldn't call 5th place high in the PvP charts, but go ahead. I do think it has been sipping the OP juice, though.

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Dillon7265 wrote:

I wouldn't call 5th place high in the PvP charts, but go ahead. I do think it has been sipping the OP juice, though.

For me, Balance is in the 3rd-4th place. I still haven't lost from my record, going for 200!

Defender
May 17, 2011
Defender
Feb 26, 2012
No no no you cannot say that balance is overpowered, i mean yes we have spells that can make the enemy weaker so that we can attack over and over but i have pvped a lot i have lost like fifty and won like ten, thats a five to one losing ratio which means we are not overpowered it means that some people can just use there spells better, i mean someone could say that fire is op because of there efreet i mean a 90% reduction on spells op and someone could fight that life is op bacause of all the healin they can do and still attack with big hits, now storm op because of the high attacks and the massive healing spell that they can use, myth op because of earthquake then a ortherus thats well placed and timed, death op because of there feint and take from others and heal them selves, ice op because of there crazy resistance, so when you look at it all the schools are op in there own ways its not just one school so it does all balance out, but i do agree with you balance needs a new spell besides the take away pips or take away aura, but we shouldnt get a lame spell that does absolutly no attack, balance needs a new spell that does good balance damage not life death myth fire ice or storm, we need a better judgment, (i want the one in a million badge btw) but when all schools are op it all balances out (XD pun intended).

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Dillon7265 wrote:

For me, Balance is in the 3rd-4th place. I still haven't lost from my record, going for 200!

Lol nice!

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
laulenak wrote:
agreed.

but I still think that life rules.

life rules! I think you're totally right :thumbs up:
But I also disagree on the balance being 'insanely powerful'. Although I love the strategy Balance uses, I still disagree on it's rightful place in the PvP charts.... I wanna ask you guys, why isn't Balance the first on the PvP charts

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Dillon7265 wrote:

Lol nice!

O: Maybe my win record will stop tomorrow, my Death friend is wanting to pvp me. Well, I'll give news on what happens, to see how much better Balance has gotten since the latest update..

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
No no no you cannot say that balance is overpowered, i mean yes we have spells that can make the enemy weaker so that we can attack over and over but i have pvped a lot i have lost like fifty and won like ten, thats a five to one losing ratio which means we are not overpowered it means that some people can just use there spells better,

You'll learn how to use your spells epically some day, trust me, and then you'll know what I'm talking about

i mean someone could say that fire is op because of there efreet i mean a 90% reduction on spells

Yep, but you have to try to calculate when that Fire wizard is going to use the Efreet, especially if you have a lot of different types of blades on you. The Efreet's Weakness is actually fairly easily to get around, and if you're Balance, you must understand to use blades just a few rounds before you attack, instead of letting them just hang there.

op and someone could fight that life is op bacause of all the healin they can do and still attack with big hits,

Life has no DoT spell, so if you were to use just 1 Life Shield, their attack would be weak. Try also getting good heal boost (While keeping your damage boost way up high) to counter that Life wizard's heals, as well as an Infection, Doom and Gloom, and also Entangles.

now storm op because of the high attacks and the massive healing spell that they can use,

Well, Storm lacks more then it gains. Their health and resist combinations let them be an easy target to destroy.

myth op because of earthquake then a ortherus thats well placed and timed,

Many people train Myth dispels nowadays, and you can just equip a Myth mastery amulet and use Earthquake right off the bat as well, and don't forget to use those Weaknesses to counter that Orthrus!

death op because of there feint and take from others and heal them selves,

That would be more into the lower level of pvp, where Death's drains actually healed them pretty well, but now in the higher level pvp side of things, Death really has to focus on Skeletal Dragons and Poisons, and quick attacks, just to keep on comboing up on the opponent to then use a Doom and Gloom and then finish off the opponent. Also, Feint is almost suicide in pvp.

ice op because of there crazy resistance,

Their resist and health can be a problem, yes, but it's also hard to stack up on the opponents to use a Snow Angel/Frostbite without getting an Earthquake or Enfeeble on you.

You have to admit though, the rankings in 1v1 is highly uneven, and that's what needs to be fixed right now.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Joujou11cool,

If Balance is over-Powered, then you are the only one that knows that.

Joe.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Well i havent seen a balance warlord in 1v1, most of them are at 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
conno365 wrote:
Well i havent seen a balance warlord in 1v1, most of them are at 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4.

That's surprising I see tons of balance warlords around the place. I actually watched a balance warlord match and the balance was doing very well he didn't spam he was able to time his mana burns very well, also he was going second to a fire warlord. Balance is op no doubt they should take a rest in the next world. Fire, storm, death and myth should ge boosts in the next world

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Galaxyl0l wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Full Waterworks Gear Set
Courtly Dirk
Aureate Band

Yeah if you like brute force and immediate damage like me, Storm is the way to go. I don't know how Pyromancers survive.