Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Needs Health

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
I have a lvl 46 storm in dragonspyre currently doing the obsidian chests quest, in which I have currently halted in using my storm.
He simply doesn't have enough health to last PvE in dragonspyre alone, or frankly Mooshu even, with his gear and such.

It's just hope I don't fizzle or I'm dead.

I'm not even gonna start on their low health in PvP XD

Defender
May 21, 2011
lionheart999 wrote:
I have a lvl 46 storm in dragonspyre currently doing the obsidian chests quest, in which I have currently halted in using my storm.
He simply doesn't have enough health to last PvE in dragonspyre alone, or frankly Mooshu even, with his gear and such.

storm is the most powerful school, thats why it has a disavantage with low health. ice has most health and is least powerful (unless you think life is weaker because less attack spells although the attack number, life is stronger by a tiny bit) its just the disadvantage. use the advantage of being strong to hit before you die.

Explorer
Apr 02, 2011
dude my storm is level 73 and has only 2,319 health. Yet My Ice is level 79 and has 5,097 health! I totaly agree with you!

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
lionheart999 wrote:

Storm does not need health. Storm has amazing pvp rank already.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
I understand that but the health just seems insanely low especially havig to survive battles against people with 8000+ or 10000+ health.

Also the fact a lvl 80 storm can have what, only 2000 - 2500 health normally, while many other schools have 3000-5000 even those few 100-500 HP makes a huge difference in fights.

(every battle in pyromancer's I ended with 90-100 Health. Just seems really low)

(also, off note, will there ever be a better way of tracking posts? I accidentally made a redundant topic because I never realized I made this one XD)

Also; if you could help, what would you suggest some good lvl 48-50 gear for my storm would be? Nothing crafted since I haven't taken he time to do crafting quests yet.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
It is wayyyy too low :(
It has to break 3500 by the next world, solo-ing is becoming too hard.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
As an archmage storm I agree with you! I did a 1v1 and I was facing an ice who had nearly DOUBLE my health! I have around 2700-2900 health, This ice had 5,200 health! Plus mega resist! This isn't fair, Being strong while hitting with someone with loads of resist doesn't make up for anything.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
MythicalDusk wrote:
lionheart999 wrote:

Storm does not need health. Storm has amazing pvp rank already.

On this, I was speaking in terms of PvE.
I do not PvP and really don't care for it much.

There needs to be PvE gear to boost our health at least (throughout all the levels) that may not be added into PvP, as in banned from it.)

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Storm has high power to counteract its low health, just as Life and Ice have high health to counteract their low power. Fire has little more health then Storm cause its less powerful. Its all about balancing health and power.

Defender
May 21, 2011
Cape36 wrote:
It is wayyyy too low :(
It has to break 3500 by the next world, solo-ing is becoming too hard.

just so you know, i have been soloing the whole game, i am almost at the elephant graveyard.
if it gets to that point, that means all the other schools will get way more.
it is i said before is because of our power. so, power or health?

also just so you know maybe you should look at new amulets rings etc. if you dont get enough health. i have had the same ring since level 58 and still havent found a better one.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
rest wrote:
Storm has high power to counteract its low health, just as Life and Ice have high health to counteract their low power. Fire has little more health then Storm cause its less powerful. Its all about balancing health and power.

I understand this, but in terms of surviving, Storm can barely do so if they fizzle, when preparing for something that will have to hit and kill the enemies without them dying. (Even with accuracy boost, I fizzle.)

In terms of adding TCs for accuracy and such, I would rather not have to do this.

If someone can reccomend gear for a lvl 48 Storm, please do, it would help me out majorly!

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Storm is strongest damage wise and need as much health as ice needs 100% resist.

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
rest wrote:

Fire has a little more! No they can have four thousand I am currently doing the morganthe arc and am a lvl 58. I haven't gained any healt besides leveling up currently about 2100.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
i Do agree on this completely
Im a lvl 70 storm wizard with full waterworks and i only have 2,463 health

Then when i go into a dungeon with others i see that they have 3,000+ or even 4,000+ health while i still have that low health in the 2,000's

I know storm is mostly for build up the attack for 1 really powerful attack.
but common on wizard101 be need a little more health if were going to do that.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
That's the point man. Look, Storm takes patience. You took the risk of making one in the first place. I did too. I have 2573 health at level 72. That so little! Storm is not a soloing school. If you want to solo, make an ice. But you can't go off complaining, it won't get you anywhere because if Storm had high health, high accuracy, and high damage, then it would be the 'perfect' school. Each school needs advantages and disadvantages, so quit your complaining and learn to live with it. I apologize for sounding rude but I'm sick of all the complainers. I respect Storm. It gives me a challenge. All the other schools tell me 'Wow your health is dangerous low' and I say 'I know' without complaining. People without patience can never create a Storm, but I'm glad I did, and I'm loving it. Besides, with good gear, my accuracy is equal to that of a balance or a death's, so I'm fine with having low health.

Kayla, lvl 72, Transcendent Diviner (and proud)

Kiley Dreamer, lvl 24, Adept Sorceress

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Allow me to enlighten you. First off, does it make sense to you that a school who can hit 2500 damage on a nonbuffed attack is the one that is underpowered? Its not like they have 5 health. Pick the gear that boosts accuracy damage resist and health. You will soon get the hang of what the storm school is about, and how to use it to your advantage. Yes ice has more health. So? I have beaten more then my share of every single school in the game.

If you are repeatedly dying, from bosses where you have been there and done that on then strategize on your deck. Please do not complain that you are Underpowered when in fact it is you who cannot control the school.

After all, we were all given that elusive pixie spell in the beginning of the game, correct? Try not to use your sidhe school, i just dont really see the point in them if you are a death or a balance or life when you can heal yourself, especially if you do not have a mastery. However, you dont really need a mastery to effectively use pixie.

Use your tritons, use your blades, use your tempests, and use those krakens and stormzillas.

By the way, you do not need to fight the boss in order to get the chests.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
okiedokie922 wrote:
rest wrote:

Fire has a little more! No they can have four thousand I am currently doing the morganthe arc and am a lvl 58. I haven't gained any health besides leveling up currently about 2100.

Catch up slow poke(I am in zafaria, your in celestia). The most fire can have is 4900 the most ice can have is 5300. Do the math and balancing. i dont mean base health btw. i mean base health with best gear. fire has slightly higher BASE health then storm, Not total health.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
mp3patrick wrote:
As an archmage storm I agree with you! I did a 1v1 and I was facing an ice who had nearly DOUBLE my health! I have around 2700-2900 health, This ice had 5,200 health! Plus mega resist! This isn't fair, Being strong while hitting with someone with loads of resist doesn't make up for anything.

Probably me. ;) 5280 health 49% global resist. PvP Knight.

To add to the topic, I found a solution. My storm is level 36 and making his way through Shoshun Villiage in MooShu. He has about 1300 health. Not bad. My advice is to do sides, so you can level early and often. The new gear and health boosts are very helpful. As for archmages, craft gear in The Wild and Dun Dara. You may not be into crafting, but it's worth it. (I'd check the gear first though..)

Survivor
Feb 23, 2012
I am A storm student, I know quite a bit of ways to get pass any issues with low base health, etc. You can make up for low base health by making your second school life, and or travelling with a theurgist. To further improve your issues, you can head to the crowns shop and purchase a life amulet so life spells use pips as if its your main school. The way the schools are set up strictly strategy based. so no school is really stronger than another, just better in areas other schools aren't. Another way to help yourself out is to get gear focusing on giving you more health.

Explorer
May 02, 2011
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Ah, the ever frustrating problem of health.

I find that simply blading for one or two mega attacks with Gargantuan (not Colossal, as I don't have it yet.) can kill. I recommend training Life to Satyr and Ice to Tower, something I probably should have done.

Anyways, these one or two mega attacks have saved my hide many times.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lionheart999 wrote:

Hey there, quoting you again! ;)

I have a level 49 Storm wiz~ she just finished DS and is now questing in both Celestia and GH (Ravenscar). She has a little over 1800 health, some of which comes from her pet's Health Gift, so I do feel your pain!

That said, the best strategy is to keep your deck small. Here is what Sestiva's deck looks like, in a typical mob fight:

3 Tempest
3 Tower Shield
2 Stormblade
1 Sprite
1 Pixie
1 Reshuffle

Optional: 3 Storm Lord (instead of Tempest), 1 or 2 converts as required.

Sideboard: Pet Stormblade, amulet Darkwind, 6 Heroic Hit (Myth wand strikes).

On top of that, her damage boost is 33%... So, even when she fizzles, most enemies don't live long enough to significantly deplete her health. The heals are there for worst-case scenarios only.

We may not have Ice-level health or resistance, but we do have the ability to end fights quickly and quietly. Blade-stack, and go for one-hit kills~ that is all.

Good luck!

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Sestiva
the Archmage of Awesomeness and soon-to-be Grandmaster Diviner. ;)