Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

moon

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, I do not use forums, but I have a question about the astral spells. Will there be any new additions to the moon school? Both star and sun have had additional spells in Zafaria, but I can't help but wonder if moon is to be forgotten and slowly fade out.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
devilinbat wrote:
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, I do not use forums, but I have a question about the astral spells. Will there be any new additions to the moon school? Both star and sun have had additional spells in Zafaria, but I can't help but wonder if moon is to be forgotten and slowly fade out.

likely not cause not much people use moon spells
come on people become luna mages we need more peoples

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
devilinbat wrote:

I do think the moon school has been purposefully ignored, and with reason too. in the wake of waterworks and then zafaria, it became obvious that polymorph were more trouble than they were worth. with most of them, you lose too much resistance, block rating, hp, and you have absolutely no damage boost. this combination will not help at all with the mobs we face now. the one other argument would be that they helped against monsters of your school but converts were still a more viable option, even more so with mass prism. so yea we should be done with the moon school now.

Unless they introduce moon spells that aren't morphs. otherwise i can't see the point of another of them now.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Defender
May 17, 2011
devilinbat wrote:

Polymorphs be forgotten? I highly dougbt that. In fact, I predict that we will have new ones in the next world.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I honestly dont know; I hope the myth polymorph will be added soon, but I'm starting to doubt it.

The fact of the matter is the majority of players these days shun the moon school and find its spells useless and not worth it in higher level worlds or pvp.

I am one of the few people who truly appreciates the moon school and having trained all 9 polymorphs, I know what they can do and what their limitations are.

Any spell can be useful depending on how you use it; its this fact alone that I feel many seem to forget when it comes to spells like polymorphs.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
devilinbat wrote:

I think we have enough moon spells for now. What I do like to see are gears that may buff this spells.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
As a wizard who has made a career out of the Moon school spells, I would dearly love to see the school continue to develop as the Sun and Star schools have with the advent of Zafaria. We certainly could use some new polymorphs. For myself, I'd like to see Myth and Moon polymorphs to round out the school.

For a successor to the Moon School Trainer polymporphs (i.e. prerequisite Polymorph Dracon) how about a Gorilla Spider Witch for Myth or a Greyhorn Mercenary for moon? For a successor to the Ulantor Starmist morphs (i.e. prerequisite Polymorph Storm Elemental), how about Talos for Myth or a Lunar Protector for Moon?

I realize there are some real balance of power issues with the polymorphs, both at the low and high ends of wizardry. At lower levels, a polymorph can simply overpower a duel. At high levels, say a boss fight in Avalon, casting a polymorph, any polymorph, is essentially an act of surrender. If you survive the full six rounds the spell lasts, you are fortunate indeed. So, a few modest proposals:

Add Critical Block to the Morphs Criticals are a novelty in Celestia, a major element in Zafaria, and a given in Avalon. None of the polymorphs have critical block and it renders them simply unusable in Avalon. Fix this.

Level Restrict the Treasure Cards If there is a need to keep polymorphs out of the hands of lower level wizards, do so. Put a minimum level required on the treasure card.

Adjust the Polymorph Form to the Level of the Caster If a polymporh is too strong at low level and too weak at high level, make it adjustable. For example, rather than giving the Draconian a fixed health of 2,500, make it a formula based on the caster's level. For instance: 2,000 + (50 * {Caster Level Over 50}) so that a caster at level 60 would create a Draconian with 2,500 health (2,000 + 50 * (60 - 50)) and a caster at level 80 would create a Draconian with 3,500 health (2,000 + 50 * (80 - 50)). Hmm, come to think of it, this might fix the low level problem too.

The Moon school is just too darn much fun to abandon and should be fixable without too much programming effort. Any more suggestions out there folks?