Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

convert

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 19, 2011
How do i use convert like Fire traps then convert or converts then traps really
confused here someone help

Archmage pyromancer-Jeremy darksmith

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Its very simple. The trap/prism you used last will used first.
For example:
1. cast fire prism
2. cast fire traps

In this case you will use up both
---
Common mistake:
1. cast fire prism
2. cast fire traps
3. cast fire prism

In this case you will use only fire prism at your first attack.
---
Advanced case:
1. cast fire prism
2. cast elemental trap
3. cast fire prism

In this case you can attack twice. First attack will used fire prism and ice trap from elemental trap. Second attack will use fire trap from elemental trap and fire prism.

Defender
May 19, 2012
If you throw a fire prism on the monster (like a trap), then hit the monster with a fire damage spell, it will convert the fire damage to ice damage instead. Unfortunately, fire monsters also throw up ice shields, so unless you are fortunate enough to be able to catch the monster with it's shields down, you would actually do more damage to the monster by not converting than by converting. The same goes for other schools, except death never shields for life. Balance doesn't get prisms so obviously this one is another exception to the rule. As you get higher in level, however, a monster's resistance also gets better, so I imagine at some point, prisms would be better irregardless of whether the monster has a shield on or not. I have yet to find out though.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Am a little confused what we are talking about?

Converts or Prisms are to convert your fire spell to ice after you cast it on the monster. Blades are what you put on yourself to boost spells you cast on the monster. Traps are what you put on the monster to boost your spells. I think you have to apply the trap after the convert to get it to boost your fire spell before it's converted to an ice one.

In the end I usually only use converts on bosses that are the same school as I am.. If I have the time/energy I apply 1 during mob fights but in general just keep firing away since even with resist some times it is less productive to wait for Converts in deck.

Side note which I did not know long - if you apply your convert to a monster and he later puts a shield up against the school you are converting to you convert will still work. The trick is to get the convert up before they shield.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
noe99664 wrote:

Use the other school's traps first, then convert, then your school traps.

Defender
May 19, 2012
brwac wrote:

Side note which I did not know long - if you apply your convert to a monster and he later puts a shield up against the school you are converting to you convert will still work. The trick is to get the convert up before they shield.

This is something I did not know. Thank you for this tidbit of information! :)

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
You can't really just throw a bunch of stuff onto poor Foulgaze and expect it to work. For a fire prism, use your ice traps, prism, and then your fire traps. If a boss/creature/player shields in this order, the shields will activate as well. You can't stack elemental traps, either. So saying you ice trap, elemental trap, prism, fire trap, elemtal trap. One of the two will not activate, unless the other is a Treasure Card, or a different type of Treasure (Bartleby edition, normal, Nightmare pack, etc.).
Lenora Nightstone - Grandmaster Theurgist

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
ionya wrote:
noe99664 wrote:

Use the other school's traps first, then convert, then your school traps.

ty i am trying to get one in a million badge :D

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
I just wanted to add that it might be a good idea to equip an ice wand. That way you can break the shield without wasting primary school spells.