Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two Spell Card Questions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
I am still sorting out how everything works and I have two questions that I finally decided to put my embarrassment about not figuring this out aside and go ahead and just ask folks.

I can't seem to add a boost etc. spell to another. I am assuming that is what you are suppose to do with a spell like Giant - " + 125 damage to 1 spell" I figure you click on one and then the other but I can't make it work.

When I use the spell Wyldfire - (it adds the circle of fire around the whole duel) it adds +25% to all fire spells. Does it just add to the wizards or does it add to the monster too?

When I use my minion - does he/she use my pips? In other words, I have less pips to use for my own spells?

and finally,

Is it better to have a wand that give you a +1 pip or the one that give you an additional starting pip (I don't know whether it is giving me an additional pip or just making one I already have available sooner)

Thanks for any and all answers to these basic questions

Sarai Thundergrove

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
To add boost to your damage card you need that the damage card would be normal spell and not a treasure card. Treasure cards cannot be enchanted by sun spells. Too add the damage to your normal damage spell click on the boost card and than on the damage card.

Wyldfire adds fire damage bonus to any fire spell no matter who cast it.

When you summon a minion you need to use pips after that the minion uses his own pips.

+1 pip means that they give one starting pip/power pip. Other wands don't give you pips at all.

Good luck

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Darlar828 wrote:
I am still sorting out how everything works and I have two questions that I finally decided to put my embarrassment about not figuring this out aside and go ahead and just ask folks.

I can't seem to add a boost etc. spell to another. I am assuming that is what you are suppose to do with a spell like Giant - " + 125 damage to 1 spell" I figure you click on one and then the other but I can't make it work.

When I use the spell Wyldfire - (it adds the circle of fire around the whole duel) it adds +25% to all fire spells. Does it just add to the wizards or does it add to the monster too?

When I use my minion - does he/she use my pips? In other words, I have less pips to use for my own spells?

and finally,

Is it better to have a wand that give you a +1 pip or the one that give you an additional starting pip (I don't know whether it is giving me an additional pip or just making one I already have available sooner)

Thanks for any and all answers to these basic questions

Sarai Thundergrove

* Boost spells like Giant can only be added to regular spells in your spell deck, in other words it can't go on any wand spells, pet spells etc. You do have the right way - click on giant click on spell to boost it with, you should see that the card has been enchanted and now you have to click on it and cast it on the monster. A little awkward till you get a routine of it.

The ring spell should only boost your spells altho I think there are exceptions to that rule, mainly in later worlds.

When you use a minion and watch at his feet you will see he collects his own pips for use and will only cast things that he can using them. So no your pips are your own and not shared with a minion.

In the 20's level start up pip wands are made available. It is usually based on level which you can get. I personally get these wands as soon as they become available to me because help with a starting pip does make things move a long a bit better.

Don't ever be afraid to ask about the game - I find it improves playing if you are more aware of bits and pieces that you just can't figure out on your own.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Darlar828 wrote:

You should be able to click on the sun enchantment card first, then the card you want to enchant. You end up creating a new card. You cannot enchant item or treasure cards.

Darlar828 wrote:

It adds first boost to anyone within the dueling circle casting fire spells (opponents included).

Darlar828 wrote:

No, your minions do not use your pips, only their own. However, it does cost you pips to "call" them out.

Darlar828 wrote:

I'm a little confused by this question, sounds like the same thing. Wands don't let you get powerpips sooner (unless they come with increase powerpip percentage stat). Wands will either let you start a duel with one extra regular pip (white) or one extra powerpip (yellow).

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
Thank you so much for the extremely helpful information. I can see why the question concerning pips was unclear and I apologize. Let me try again.

I have the choice of two wands, one has the symbol for 1+ pip attached ( the sun with a +1 beside it), the other has the pip symbol (a circle showing that use of this wand will give the wizard one more pip when beginning a duel.

My question is - What is the difference between these two wands and is one more useful than the other?

Thanks again,

Sarai

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Darlar828 wrote:
Thank you so much for the extremely helpful information. I can see why the question concerning pips was unclear and I apologize. Let me try again.

I have the choice of two wands, one has the symbol for 1+ pip attached ( the sun with a +1 beside it), the other has the pip symbol (a circle showing that use of this wand will give the wizard one more pip when beginning a duel.

My question is - What is the difference between these two wands and is one more useful than the other?

Thanks again,

Sarai

The grayed out circle wands are ones that give regular pip at beginning, the sun gives a power pip. As you progress wands provide more options by level of your wizard. For now the sun by it for the power pip is the best option to use.