Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Brave Hound Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
I saw when I was logging in to my Wizard101 account, that we have reached enough shares and that I can redeem a brave hound pet... So I did all of that, and it showed that i will get it as soon as i log in to my account. So I did that too, but i couldn't find any gift icon!!! I also asked my friend if she got it and she said the same thing happened to her.
Please answer :(

Administrator
Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
kipapa555 wrote:
I saw when I was logging in to my Wizard101 account, that we have reached enough shares and that I can redeem a brave hound pet... So I did all of that, and it showed that i will get it as soon as i log in to my account. So I did that too, but i couldn't find any gift icon!!! I also asked my friend if she got it and she said the same thing happened to her.

You might have redeemed it while/after you logged in, in which case you will not get it unless you redeem the code before the game has started patching. In other words, log in again.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
kipapa555 wrote:

This happened to me.

Just log off and back on. Hopefully, that'll work.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2012
Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
Thanks everyone for the answers! :D
I have the pet now and trained it to adult :)
The problem was that I had to exit the game and log back in again (Silly me)

Survivor
Feb 27, 2012
I have to admit that I am a little dissapointed in the release of the brave hound pet. Literally the day before I purchased the epic bundle. I bought it specifically for the pet. Not only do they look alike but they have alike talents. While in battle earlier today I noticed that the brave hound can cast spritely. Does that mean it has all of the talents the fierce hound has that i paid for, for free? If so that's not fair. Professor Greyrose, please tell me if they do or do not have the same talents. If they do I regret purchasing the bundle.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
gobodobo wrote:
I have to admit that I am a little dissapointed in the release of the brave hound pet. Literally the day before I purchased the epic bundle. I bought it specifically for the pet. Not only do they look alike but they have alike talents. While in battle earlier today I noticed that the brave hound can cast spritely. Does that mean it has all of the talents the fierce hound has that i paid for, for free? If so that's not fair. Professor Greyrose, please tell me if they do or do not have the same talents. If they do I regret purchasing the bundle.

They are not the same: the Fierce hound is a Death pet, Brave hound is Myth.

Fierce Hound talents:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Fierce_Hound
Brave Hound talents:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Brave_Hound

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
The similarity is that both get spritely at teen. I must say, though, that the frequency at which it casts needs to improve. Maybe a higher pedigree hatch will solve this. I sure hope so.

Defender
May 19, 2012
The Fierce Hound and Hawk cast spritely quite often, while the Snake in the Basket doesn't cast it very often. I wonder, does the rate at which they cast these spells vary from pet to pet? I haven't leveled my Brave Hound yet so I have no idea how often it casts the spell.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
fiziali wrote:
The Fierce Hound and Hawk cast spritely quite often, while the Snake in the Basket doesn't cast it very often. I wonder, does the rate at which they cast these spells vary from pet to pet? I haven't leveled my Brave Hound yet so I have no idea how often it casts the spell.

I've got a brave hound pet to teen and let me tell you, that pet is LAZY.
it barely casts sprite for me so i would like to know the rate that it casts sprite too.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
fiziali wrote:

actually, my snake in a basket casts it quite often. but i do have a superstition that if you say "Good Boy" it will heal you more xD. prob not true but still. . .

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
Caballo203 wrote:
The similarity is that both get spritely at teen. I must say, though, that the frequency at which it casts needs to improve. Maybe a higher pedigree hatch will solve this. I sure hope so.

well my snake in a basket knows spritely at teen. boy was i happy and exited.
to me i don't really mind how much it casts it, but i guess it would be nice to cast it quite often

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
I was apparently too late for that. I have horrid luck with this game. First I wind up spending a hundred dollars trying to get the wyvern, and fail. Now I was too late for the brave hound. Ugh D: