Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Menu Chat only for Free to Play

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
The free play area is to attract new customers. The chat is a selling feature of the game. And it is a significant component for playing the game cooperatively. To remove selling features from potential customers would be silly.

The free to play area is only a portion of Wizard City. The rest of the game area is gigantic in comparison. I'm sure occasionally monitoring a couple streets in Wizard city is not a daunting task for KI., and for the rest of us, well lets go questing in more intersting places! Except for the Bazaar and visiting Ambrose, who above level 10 hangs around Wizard City?

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
GrammyH wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
GrammyH wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
anstarx wrote:
Orbit100 wrote:
Honestly I think no because KI will probably lose a ton of players for this so i honestly think it won't happen

If this happens to Free to Play wizards how exactly they'll lose players? Those who have a Subscription or have Purchased at least one area in the game (in other words those who pay in order to play the game) will have normal or open chat. No customers and no money loss.

Its never that simple. -.-

Here is just the begining of it. I will give you an example.

Think about all the reason why a person would play a game. Some players will go on to socailize. Even if those players don't pay they will have friends which they could invite to the game. Those friends of the socializing player might get hooked and get a membership which equals gain in revenue.

Another example. Simply even if you have free players they have an important role in the game. If they enjoy their experience they will rate the game good, though if they dislike the game they will drive customers away stating the negatives.

Also to Vollans you stated that, "Do you mean the people create so many accounts which sole purpose is to "socialize"? That's not playing the game as intended." The thing is there is no true purpose of a game. It has many things that make it the game it is. One of those things is talking. Simply you can't state thats not playing the game as intended. Truely the only person that can dictate this would be the CEO and that is saying this is a private business. If it is open to the public than investors get to make the decisions.

Just a thought.

Here's another thought and the one I see happening, frankly. They're passing along the message to their friends that here is a free chat room for the taking and you don't have to worry about the ToU because if you get muted or banned all you have to do is spawn another free account.

I was free to play for six months before I could afford memberships for my grandson and myself and you know what? We played the game! Yes, in WC. We had fun. We practiced pvp'd, we gardened and we fought mobs together, we even made in-game friends and had a blast and we told other people how fun it was. All without text chat because I didn't realize F2P could get text chat. Those who are really trying out the game are going to play, not sit around using the commons and the dye shop as a chat room.

Truth be told, if I had had text chat we probably not only wouldn't have got memberships, our word of mouth would have been the direct opposite -- telling people to stay away from the game because of the filth spewed.

Good for you. Frankly one person who didn't mind having menu chat won't have a big impact. When there is a majority then it will have a large impact.

Just for a clarification I am not opposed to keeping the game clean. Though I am against menu chat for f2p.

What on earth makes you think I'm alone in that sentiment? I'm willing to bet -- except for those who are abusing the game -- there's not a F2P player that would be complaining that they didn't have text chat if they didn't to begin with. I bet they'd all be saying cool, they're letting me play for free as long as I want. That is those who were there for the game and not the adult chat anyway.

Sorry betting is not allowed in the game lol.

Though neither one of us can prove this since we have no data. You can go off your experience in the game and maybe connect it with some of the other WCP. Though I can go off one of the amendments in the united states, specifically amendment number one. I can also go off of how speaking is one of the fundamental traits we humans have in common. ( exclude the mute :( )

So that's how I see it.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
RottenHeart wrote:
The free play area is to attract new customers. The chat is a selling feature of the game. And it is a significant component for playing the game cooperatively. To remove selling features from potential customers would be silly.

The free to play area is only a portion of Wizard City. The rest of the game area is gigantic in comparison. I'm sure occasionally monitoring a couple streets in Wizard city is not a daunting task for KI., and for the rest of us, well lets go questing in more intersting places! Except for the Bazaar and visiting Ambrose, who above level 10 hangs around Wizard City?

Thank you. Another logical person has entered the fray. Seems like these people are bent on menu chat. Kinda annoying how they don't understand game economics.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RottenHeart wrote:

The F2P area is just that. What a new customer should see is the OPTIONS of filtered or open chat after they have purchased a sub or purchased areas with crowns and completed certain requirements for accessing the next world, THEN they can access the chat options based on age.

If new customer like what they see they are going to sub or crown the game PLAIN and SIMPLE. I also played with MENU chat until I subbed so it is not that big a deal.

You might want to take a stroll through some of Wizard City and check out WU realm while you are at it. If you think those players are all level 10 or under, think again.

Though I can go off one of the amendments in the united states, specifically amendment number one.

WRONG, you can not use the First Amendment in this game. You might want to go read the "Chatting Clarification" that Professor Greyrose posted in July 2012. Below is a quote from that post and the link to the whole post

5. Typing around the chat filters &/or having Open chat does NOT excuse you from the Terms of Use. There's no "First Amendment" in the Spiral. You don't have the right to be harassing, rude, crude or an otherwise uncouth louse. Having type chat is a privilege, not a right. As a mature player capable of handling the responsibility, we presume you already know that.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/52195.ftl

Fallon WinterLeaf Founding Member WCP

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Snowyandspots wrote:
GrammyH wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
GrammyH wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
anstarx wrote:
Orbit100 wrote:
Honestly I think no because KI will probably lose a ton of players for this so i honestly think it won't happen

If this happens to Free to Play wizards how exactly they'll lose players? Those who have a Subscription or have Purchased at least one area in the game (in other words those who pay in order to play the game) will have normal or open chat. No customers and no money loss.

Think about all the reason why a person would play a game. Some players will go on to socailize. Even if those players don't pay they will have friends which they could invite to the game. Those friends of the socializing player might get hooked and get a membership which equals gain in revenue.

Another example. Simply even if you have free players they have an important role in the game. If they enjoy their experience they will rate the game good, though if they dislike the game they will drive customers away stating the negatives.

Also to Vollans you stated that, "Do you mean the people create so many accounts which sole purpose is to "socialize"? That's not playing the game as intended." The thing is there is no true purpose of a game. It has many things that make it the game it is. One of those things is talking. Simply you can't state thats not playing the game as intended. Truely the only person that can dictate this would be the CEO and that is saying this is a private business. If it is open to the public than investors get to make the decisions.

Just a thought.

Here's another thought and the one I see happening, frankly. They're passing along the message to their friends that here is a free chat room for the taking and you don't have to worry about the ToU because if you get muted or banned all you have to do is spawn another free account.

I was free to play for six months before I could afford memberships for my grandson and myself and you know what? We played the game! Yes, in WC. We had fun. We practiced pvp'd, we gardened and we fought mobs together, we even made in-game friends and had a blast and we told other people how fun it was. All without text chat because I didn't realize F2P could get text chat. Those who are really trying out the game are going to play, not sit around using the commons and the dye shop as a chat room.

Truth be told, if I had had text chat we probably not only wouldn't have got memberships, our word of mouth would have been the direct opposite -- telling people to stay away from the game because of the filth spewed.

Good for you. Frankly one person who didn't mind having menu chat won't have a big impact. When there is a majority then it will have a large impact.

Just for a clarification I am not opposed to keeping the game clean. Though I am against menu chat for f2p.

What on earth makes you think I'm alone in that sentiment? I'm willing to bet -- except for those who are abusing the game -- there's not a F2P player that would be complaining that they didn't have text chat if they didn't to begin with. I bet they'd all be saying cool, they're letting me play for free as long as I want. That is those who were there for the game and not the adult chat anyway.

Though neither one of us can prove this since we have no data. You can go off your experience in the game and maybe connect it with some of the other WCP. Though I can go off one of the amendments in the united states, specifically amendment number one. I can also go off of how speaking is one of the fundamental traits we humans have in common. ( exclude the mute :( )

So that's how I see it.

Then you have utterly no understanding of constitutional law. The first amendment does not mean that companies can't make rules to be followed when you are inside their place of business. Go into a fine dining establishment and after ordering your meal, start screaming obscenities at the top of your lungs and see how far the first amendment gets you as you are tossed out on your ear. It is no different here. The same principal applies. When we are in the game, we are in KI's business establishment and they have every right to establish rules of conduct to protect their business interests and have. Just as a restaurant stands to lose business if they don't take care of the diner screaming obscenities, KI stands to lose business if they don't take care of the bad actors in game and they know it.

Also, as I had said before if I had realized and had open chat before I bought the memberships, I likely would not have given the stuff I'm seeing in game now. In the seven months that I've been paying for two and then three memberships, I have also bought crowns on a regular basis. At least one batch of 60,000 crowns for each of my two accounts every month and sometimes when I've taken advantage of things like the mount sale, it's been two or more. So that's close to $1,000 in crowns alone (I know, envy me, I've sacrificed for others all my life and am now indulging myself a bit in this respect, rightly or wrongly) in that short time plus the three memberships that KI would have lost if I had had open chat F2P. But even at the $120 for crowns and the memberships -- that's $140 and some change KI would have lost each and every month since I picked up the second pension if I had had open chat and been saying uh uh, no, we need to leave the spiral now.

Times that by how many people there are like me (and I'm a disabled pensioner who has never had much, most people my age have more means than I do) that do try the open chat and are not spending that kind of money or more spoiling themselves and their grandchildren/children because of what they see when they're trying it out. That's a lot of money KI is probably losing as we speak. They're savvy business people and realize this so they are taking action to save that business.

And Coleman is not happy because this is not the vision he had for the game. In his shoes, I'd be very unhappy too. He had a dream of making a family friendly game that would be fun for young and old alike and he made it happen. I can only begin to imagine what it must feel like for him to see what people are doing to his dream. There's no price tag on realizing your dreams. I think this has become something even more important than money to him and I completely understand that. Going by his FB entries, I think he's willing to do whatever it takes to restore this game. But I think he will also have the pleasant by-product of seeing his profits increase, not decrease. The bad actors are driving families away and trying to steal the game to use as an adult/teen chat room. If you were Coleman, would you let them?

Heck, I'm not even the genius who created this game and I am very determined not to let them steal it. He must feel this 100x as strongly as I do. I leave I spend $150 a month on some other entertainment. For him, this is his baby, his brainchild. It means much more to him to have it destroyed by those who are ruining it than it does me. I sympathize with him and fully support anything he does to protect his game. It is, after all, his. Not mine and not yours. He created it, he started the company that runs it. It's his. If you don't like what he does to keep it his, go elsewhere. I think he'd rather see you go and save his creation.

Blaze Duskdreamer
Proud Wizard City Protector

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
RottenHeart wrote:

The F2P area is just that. What a new customer should see is the OPTIONS of filtered or open chat after they have purchased a sub or purchased areas with crowns and completed certain requirements for accessing the next world, THEN they can access the chat options based on age.

If new customer like what they see they are going to sub or crown the game PLAIN and SIMPLE. I also played with MENU chat until I subbed so it is not that big a deal.

You might want to take a stroll through some of Wizard City and check out WU realm while you are at it. If you think those players are all level 10 or under, think again.

Though I can go off one of the amendments in the united states, specifically amendment number one.

WRONG, you can not use the First Amendment in this game. You might want to go read the "Chatting Clarification" that Professor Greyrose posted in July 2012. Below is a quote from that post and the link to the whole post

5. Typing around the chat filters &/or having Open chat does NOT excuse you from the Terms of Use. There's no "First Amendment" in the Spiral. You don't have the right to be harassing, rude, crude or an otherwise uncouth louse. Having type chat is a privilege, not a right. As a mature player capable of handling the responsibility, we presume you already know that.

Hmm you almost got me on that. Though this quote states you can not harass, be rude, crude, etc. There are laws in place that you can't harass other people. Thats why there are such things as restraining orders. It is expected we play nicely. Though it doesn't mean we can't talk.

I will admit using the first amendment was not the strongest evidence though it is evidence none the less.

Now you stated you don't think menu chat is a "big deal" so that makes two people not minding it.

I don't see such a big problem with the abuse now since hall monitors have entered the game. This game was designed more torwards kids and kids do not have as much maturaty, patience, and wisdom as other people. When they need help in the game they will want to talk. In game I find it very annoying when dealing with menu chat people because it isn't easy to communicate with them.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
To those of you that seem to think you can do and say what you please in this game, You may want to check and see What Mr. Coleman has to say. I can guarantee you the foul language being used in the game is not what he or anyone else had in mind when they created such a wonderful game.

There are more changes coming and it would not surprise me in the least if Menu Chat only for F2P ends up being one of them.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
This is a product provided by KingsIsle. They can make whatever business decisions they want. I'm sure they appreciate suggestions and feedback. Make your point and move on. If you don't like their product (as some of you appear to feel quite strongly) then don't buy it!

Also -> You don't need to quote someones ENTIRE message including everybody elses quotes etc. etc.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Snowyandspots wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
RottenHeart wrote:

Hmm you almost got me on that. Though this quote states you can not harass, be rude, crude, etc. There are laws in place that you can't harass other people. Thats why there are such things as restraining orders. It is expected we play nicely. Though it doesn't mean we can't talk.

I will admit using the first amendment was not the strongest evidence though it is evidence none the less.

Now you stated you don't think menu chat is a "big deal" so that makes two people not minding it.

I don't see such a big problem with the abuse now since hall monitors have entered the game. This game was designed more torwards kids and kids do not have as much maturaty, patience, and wisdom as other people. When they need help in the game they will want to talk. In game I find it very annoying when dealing with menu chat people because it isn't easy to communicate with them.

Funny. My grandson and his friends have no problem using the menu chat to talk in game. Trust me, the grandson is not shy. He'd friend all too many people if I let him. I mostly do let him but when I see one just using him to quest instead of doing their own work, etc., I say drop them. But, nope, no problem talking to each other. They seem to rather like the menu chat. And have no problem using it to ask for help or anything else. It's more adults and older people who have trouble finding what they want in the menu selections. Also, your argument falls short since they have to be at least 13 to get text chat and 18 for open.

In any case, if they're on menu chat because they were muted because they weren't behaving, I have no sympathy. Also, if they haven't paid for the game yet, also, don't have any sympathy that they have only menu. You don't need text or open chat to try out the game.

I also point out that if they've questions, there's these forums, Central's forums and FB. All of which I've found very helpful.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
GrammyH wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
GrammyH wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
GrammyH wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
anstarx wrote:
Orbit100 wrote:

Just a thought.

So that's how I see it.

Then you have utterly no understanding of constitutional law. The first amendment does not mean that companies can't make rules to be followed when you are inside their place of business. Go into a fine dining establishment and after ordering your meal, start screaming obscenities at the top of your lungs and see how far the first amendment gets you as you are tossed out on your ear. It is no different here. The same principal applies. When we are in the game, we are in KI's business establishment and they have every right to establish rules of conduct to protect their business interests and have. Just as a restaurant stands to lose business if they don't take care of the diner screaming obscenities, KI stands to lose business if they don't take care of the bad actors in game and they know it.

Also, as I had said before if I had realized and had open chat before I bought the memberships, I likely would not have given the stuff I'm seeing in game now. In the seven months that I've been paying for two and then three memberships, I have also bought crowns on a regular basis. At least one batch of 60,000 crowns for each of my two accounts every month and sometimes when I've taken advantage of things like the mount sale, it's been two or more. So that's close to $1,000 in crowns alone (I know, envy me, I've sacrificed for others all my life and am now indulging myself a bit in this respect, rightly or wrongly) in that short time plus the three memberships that KI would have lost if I had had open chat F2P. But even at the $120 for crowns and the memberships -- that's $140 and some change KI would have lost each and every month since I picked up the second pension if I had had open chat and been saying uh uh, no, we need to leave the spiral now.

Times that by how many people there are like me (and I'm a disabled pensioner who has never had much, most people my age have more means than I do) that do try the open chat and are not spending that kind of money or more spoiling themselves and their grandchildren/children because of what they see when they're trying it out. That's a lot of money KI is probably losing as we speak. They're savvy business people and realize this so they are taking action to save that business.

And Coleman is not happy because this is not the vision he had for the game. In his shoes, I'd be very unhappy too. He had a dream of making a family friendly game that would be fun for young and old alike and he made it happen. I can only begin to imagine what it must feel like for him to see what people are doing to his dream. There's no price tag on realizing your dreams. I think this has become something even more important than money to him and I completely understand that. Going by his FB entries, I think he's willing to do whatever it takes to restore this game. But I think he will also have the pleasant by-product of seeing his profits increase, not decrease. The bad actors are driving families away and trying to steal the game to use as an adult/teen chat room. If you were Coleman, would you let them?

Heck, I'm not even the genius who created this game and I am very determined not to let them steal it. He must feel this 100x as strongly as I do. I leave I spend $150 a month on some other entertainment. For him, this is his baby, his brainchild. It means much more to him to have it destroyed by those who are ruining it than it does me. I sympathize with him and fully support anything he does to protect his game. It is, after all, his. Not mine and not yours. He created it, he started the company that runs it. It's his. If you don't like what he does to keep it his, go elsewhere. I think he'd rather see you go and save his creation.

Blaze Duskdreamer
Proud Wizard City Protector

See my comment to golden about the amendment.

Alright for the rest of your comments you are actually going against yourself here. You state "If you don't like what he does to keep it his, go elsewhere." See thats the thing I am pleased with how the game is going right now. There has been the announcment of Hall Monitors which I think were needed. Its the WCP that wants the game to be changed. So in a sense you are telling you own memembers to leave if you don't like the game is. Speaking of that I think you need to learn that the game is a lot more stable now with Hall Monitors. KI has made a solution to the problem so now if you don't like it you can leave.

Now good day madame. :?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Ok, I did a little statistic thing in the bartleby tree on scarecrow realm:
Here are the statistics out of 48 people:
Question:
What would you do if you were limited to text chat if you were not subscribed?
Answers:
1. I would quit the game
2. I would waste more money on the game :P
3. I don't really care O_o

The results:
1. 43 out of 48 responded with that.
2. 4 out of 48 responded with that.
3. 1 out of 48 responded with that.

So in other words... The majority of people wouldn't be happy if they were limited to menu if they met the requirements

@GrammyH
Go into a fine dining establishment and after ordering your meal, start screaming obscenities at the top of your lungs and see how far the first amendment gets you as you are tossed out on your ear.
I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of that... Imagine that... 40 Year old man screaming about his meal not having enough salt and yelling at everyone... LOL

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Sorry for arguing, i mean what was i thinking. Ki isnt going to listen to your post your just a Wc protector. I should have said this a while back.

Cya lol, Connor GoLdEn FlAmE

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
Ok, I did a little statistic thing in the bartleby tree on scarecrow realm:
Here are the statistics out of 48 people:
Question:
What would you do if you were limited to text chat if you were not subscribed?
Answers:
1. I would quit the game
2. I would waste more money on the game :P
3. I don't really care O_o

The results:
1. 43 out of 48 responded with that.
2. 4 out of 48 responded with that.
3. 1 out of 48 responded with that.

So in other words... The majority of people wouldn't be happy if they were limited to menu if they met the requirements

@GrammyH
Go into a fine dining establishment and after ordering your meal, start screaming obscenities at the top of your lungs and see how far the first amendment gets you as you are tossed out on your ear.
I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of that... Imagine that... 40 Year old man screaming about his meal not having enough salt and yelling at everyone... LOL

I love you Ronster lol. Wanna become my co worker lol? Though if I were you I would throw in some more areas to get an even broader survey. But nice job anyways.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
GrammyH

I don't see how you think my argument falls short. Please explain.

From what I have counted from your references. I have you, your grandson, his friends, and golden. So that is less than 10 ( I will assume the friends are less than 7).

I am getting tired of the references to the people and personal stories. They will not sway me into accepting your cause. I will accept logic though...

I will be clear again though. I do want the game to be clean, though I am against menu chat for free players. From a few of your posts it seems you view me as one of the trouble makers.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Agreed. This is a brilliant idea and people no longer can troll or anything if this happens. Well, free to play can't. PLEASE KI.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Snowyandspots wrote:
GrammyH

From what I have counted from your references. I have you, your grandson, his friends, and golden. So that is less than 10 ( I will assume the friends are less than 7).

I am getting tired of the references to the people and personal stories. They will not sway me into accepting your cause. I will accept logic though...

I will be clear again though. I do want the game to be clean, though I am against menu chat for free players. From a few of your posts it seems you view me as one of the trouble makers.

I'm saying it doesn't matter whether they like it or not. When you're getting something for free, you've no call complaining that you don't get the full experience of the game. For a free to play to complain about not having text or open chat, is no different than the ones who complain that they don't get Firecat Alley or indeed all of Wizard City who, if they did, would next want to peek into Krokotopia for free. I think it's kind of surprising that free to play get text chat, let alone open chat.

I'll take the high road here and ignore the personal remarks.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
GrammyH wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
GrammyH

I'm saying it doesn't matter whether they like it or not. When you're getting something for free, you've no call complaining that you don't get the full experience of the game. For a free to play to complain about not having text or open chat, is no different than the ones who complain that they don't get Firecat Alley or indeed all of Wizard City who, if they did, would next want to peek into Krokotopia for free. I think it's kind of surprising that free to play get text chat, let alone open chat.

Thank you Grammy. You are right. The only chat that was available when I subbed my account was Menu and Text chat. Open chat was not introduced to the game until several months later.

If open chat is the selling attraction for the game, then those players won't mind having to EARN it. I for one don't believe it is the selling attraction. The attraction is in the FUN and adventure and most of all MAGIC that KI has put into this game.

Yes, it is KI's business and they will make whatever changes they want to. But KI is making changes to make the game safer for all players. If it means they have MENU CHAT only as F2P, then if they want to continue, they will do so in order to earn the OPEN chat based on age and parental controls.

The Menu Chat only on F2P accounts will prevent offenders from making new accounts just to come back and start cursing again. I actually saw a player last night in the Commons of Wu realm get muted by an HM after I had reported him a couple of times. He was back in the game 10 minutes later with a NEW wizard on a F2P account and told his friend that is was a new wizard since the other one was muted. Guess what happened? He was INSTANTLY muted and I suspect he is at least temporarily suspended. KI is taking the steps needed and it is not going to matter who agrees or disagrees with the changes. It is KI's PROPERTY AND RULES.

I will continue to suggest this change to Menu Chat only for F2P as long as players are able to make multiple accounts to curse and harass other players.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
GrammyH wrote:
[I'm saying it doesn't matter whether they like it or not. When you're getting something for free, you've no call complaining that you don't get the full experience of the game. For a free to play to complain about not having text or open chat, is no different than the ones who complain that they don't get Firecat Alley or indeed all of Wizard City who, if they did, would next want to peek into Krokotopia for free. I think it's kind of surprising that free to play get text chat, let alone open chat.

Currently Wizards playing for free do not get open chat. They can only get filtered chat if they registered 13+. You must make a purchase to make open chat an accessible option.

Wizard101 is rated "Everyone 10+, Crude Humor, Mild Fantasy Violence. Online chat not rated by ESRB". KI placed a 13+ limit for Filtered Chat, I can only assume to be equivalent to PG13 ratings on movies and video games. Open Chat is for 18+, again I assume to be inline with other forms of entertainment. Credit card purchase required for proof of age. Lots of assumptions, but I don't work for KI.

I really don't see how their rating system is different from other forms of entertainment. It appears they have modeled their game after the accepted rating system in the USA. Providing a free "preview" of the game does not alter this.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
GrammyH wrote:

I'm saying it doesn't matter whether they like it or not...

This really isn't worth my time responding to. I should be doing something more productive, like cleaning my computer screen. And anyway I just can't formulate the words to express my thoughts about this statement. Only that my brain activity stops here.

*10 minutes later*
Okay, here. KI isn't a benevolant fairytale company out to provide the world with fun stuff for free. Its a business. The F2P area is to entice new customers. And to achieve this they want to demonstrate how good their product is with all the great features and how great they are. And it works, hence lots of members. So ya, it does matter.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
GrammyH wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
GrammyH

I see this is getting no where. I will leave off with this last point. Simply removing a normally perceived right by the public is not something you will want to do. As you saw from Ronster's little survey people weren't too happy with losing their ability to talk. It seems a small group can always ruin it for the majority.

KI has given you options and yet you demand more. Some of the demands were necessary while others were debatable. To make such a large change to the game so late after its launch isn't a great option. Would you be happy losing a right you were given?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Would you be happy losing a right you were given?

Why is it that so many seem to think that having Open or filtered chat for that matter is a Right? KI OWNS the game and can make any changes they choose.

As I said before and this will be the last, If F2P are restricted to Menu Chat only, that will be at KI's decision. It is one sure way to reduce the amount of Spammed accounts being used for the sole purpose of Cursing in the game.

At this point, I think it would be best for the Mods to close this thread. The whole thing just keeps going in a cirlce. Let KI decide what they want to do about it.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
Would you be happy losing a right you were given?

Why is it that so many seem to think that having Open or filtered chat for that matter is a Right? KI OWNS the game and can make any changes they choose.

As I said before and this will be the last, If F2P are restricted to Menu Chat only, that will be at KI's decision. It is one sure way to reduce the amount of Spammed accounts being used for the sole purpose of Cursing in the game.

At this point, I think it would be best for the Mods to close this thread. The whole thing just keeps going in a cirlce. Let KI decide what they want to do about it.

Seems we came to one agreement. :? Though I ment they have had the ability to talk and taking that away is worse than not having it in the first place.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
This thread been empty since my last post, i guess it has come to a conclusion perhaps?.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I don't regularly Re-New my membership, Mainly because there are some times of the year I cant regularly log on and take advantage of my subscription. The idea has good intentions, and would probably stop a lot of foul language from those who enjoy ruining the gaming experience for others, But I wouldn't want to see my chatting privelages go just because I was not able to keep up with renewing my subscription.

-My perspective on things.

Blake DeathShade,Archmage Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
It's not fair for those who aren't doing anything wrong. I'm going back to free-to-play by November, and I've never been banned, reported, etc. It wouldn't be fair. Plus, it's a way to draw players into the game. I don't know about you, but when I'm bored, I sit out in a busy realm in the commons and patrol. We just need to be vigilant. It's also not fair for people who have been playing as free to play, and all of a sudden they can't use text chat. If you're having problems with text chat, just shut it off.
I hope I didn't come off as rude, I just don't find this to be a suitable solution.

-Jordan Stormrider