Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Super Pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
this is my second or third idea i have posted here. this idea is about PIPS. i think there should be Pips, Power Pips, and Super Pips. Pips as usual will be worth 1 pip to anything. Power pips will also be worth the same amount as they are now. So my idea is the Super Pips Super Pips will give 3 pips instead of 1 or 2 to your primary school. they are very similar to power pips though. Super pips give 3 pips to your main school but one pip to you secondary schools unless you have a mastery amulet for that side school. Super Pips will be half as likely to get as you power pips for example pretend i have 80% Power Pips chance. so half of that i will have a 40% chance of Super Pips I hope you like my idea and i hope others do to also be sure to check out my other idea for trading clothes

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Great idea but I think the super pips should be ¹/4 of your power pips chance, or else the super pips would come out way to easily. Also I think they should be called Mana pips that are blue.

Explorer
May 10, 2009
I think they may have to add this one day, considering we are getting quite close to the maximum pip number. I would very much like to see this.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
piedog14 wrote:
this is my second or third idea i have posted here. this idea is about PIPS. i think there should be Pips, Power Pips, and Super Pips. Pips as usual will be worth 1 pip to anything. Power pips will also be worth the same amount as they are now. So my idea is the Super Pips Super Pips will give 3 pips instead of 1 or 2 to your primary school. they are very similar to power pips though. Super pips give 3 pips to your main school but one pip to you secondary schools unless you have a mastery amulet for that side school. Super Pips will be half as likely to get as you power pips for example pretend i have 80% Power Pips chance. so half of that i will have a 40% chance of Super Pips I hope you like my idea and i hope others do to also be sure to check out my other idea for trading clothes

I see two problems in this. First of all, spells like judgement will be overpowered with full super pips. Also, you might also have a chance of getting a power pip and a super pip in one round.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
It'd be nice to see a variety of different pips, and maybe a pip near the rarity of the super pip that is 2 pips for ALL schools regardless of mastery amulets. Or maybe a pip that does more damage/healing to any spell it is used for.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
Maybe instead of adding a bunch of new types of pips KI can just allow wizards to get more pips. That would be a lot less complicated and confusing.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
natureluvr7 wrote:
Maybe instead of adding a bunch of new types of pips KI can just allow wizards to get more pips. That would be a lot less complicated and confusing.

Yah. That seems like a better idea.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
natureluvr7 wrote:

Indeed, maybe making it so your pips could surround your whole circle right around the health 'circle'

Imagine how glowey you could become XD
Then if you really wanted to, you could save enough pips for MAJOR tempest or judgement damage, but would take quite a long time

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
martin580 wrote:
piedog14 wrote:

I see two problems in this. First of all, spells like judgement will be overpowered with full super pips. Also, you might also have a chance of getting a power pip and a super pip in one round.

I agree. Though what about Tempest? PvP would be over in less then 3-4 rounds with a few super pips and a colossal.

~Eric CrowSpear - Lvl 80 - Diviner

Explorer
Mar 19, 2011
The only thing you might be seeing that might happen soon is a staff with the ability to get two power pips. This is more likely because during the Test Realm, there was a quest to get a staff, I'm pretty sure its still in the Live Realm too. The staff had your school power like Major Blitz I think for myth, not to sure. The staff also had a picture of 2 power pip which allowed you to get 2 power pips. KI removed that after 3-4 days since it was overpowering a little. Now were 20 levels up and needing the 2 power pip staff soon.

My guess is that at Level 100 since there's going to be 2 more worlds, we will get this kind of staff either quest or drop from boss or even in the Crowns shop (Lifeforce Blade). The reason being is that nearing Level 50, we changed from a staff the gave a pip, to a staff that gave a power pip. KI might give a staff that gives a power pip and a regular in the next world, and then 2 power pips in the one after.