Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Crafting The Only Way?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
In every pack it says a chance of getting something. In the new knight's lore pack it says chance of getting new spells. Well, what is this chance exactly? Is there any chance at all? How could we know the chance might be 0.001. If anyone has gotten a spell from the knight's lore pack please report this. Is crafting the only way to get these new spells?! I hope not.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
No, these spells are "Epic" in rarity, so there's probably 5% chance of getting a spell, 1.3% getting a spell you want. On Wizard101 Central people have reported getting spells (and provided proof), so it IS possible. Crafting is just a way to certainly get the one you want.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
I got the catalan from the knights lore pack so yes it is possible. I also got all of the mooshu crafting spells from hoard packs (Samoorai, Ninja Pigs, Goat Monk) so there is a shot - an expenive one but it's there.

I should also point out that when I got the Mooshu spells, it was after the packs had been out for several months. More packs had come out since and people were not buying them like they were when they first came out so I believe my chances were improved.

Maybe wait a couple of months and try the hoard packs then. Good Luck!

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
Sad to know that there is roughly a 1.3% chance of me getting deer knight but at least there is a chance.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Yes, I highly recommend crafting. Also, as tatgrrl24 said, I would wait a while. I have experienced that if you wait a while, before buying any packs, your chances of getting rare stuff is increased.
(I waited 1.5 months on Raven's Hoard and I immediately got a wand.)