Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappointed in packs

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 19, 2012
Well, I bought several of the new Knight's Lore packs, and after getting nothing but a bunch of scroll themes (there are way too many of these items in the game), two wand racks that you can't even put wands on and are quite ugly (and shouldn't a wand rack be hung on the wall rather than sit on the floor anyways?), several bobbleheads, a temporary mount that I have no use for as I already have permanent mounts, several reagents that can be purchased from merchants, a few seeds (which I simply have no room for anymore), several snack cards (most of which were not very good), and three pieces of level 50 armor that the stats were only as good as the level 30 armor I already have in my shared bank, I decided these packs are pretty full of junk and not worth the money spent.

The only good thing I got out of about ten packs, was a bow (wand) that looks pretty cool with the animations effect. I think that I am simply going to stop spending crowns on packs, just as I've stopped spending crowns on henchmen and stopped spending crowns on replenishing energy.

If KI doesn't start filling the packs with decent items worth getting, then they aren't interested in earning my money. I mean almost everything I got in these packs can be obtained in game, so what's the point of spending my real money on these packs?

I didn't get a single solitary pet out of them. I didn't get any spells, but I wasn't interested in getting the spells out of packs anyways, so that's no big deal to me. I was hoping for at least one or two new cool pets and maybe some really cool new furniture items, but nothing, nothing, nothing. I am extremely disappointed in these new packs, KI. In fact, the only packs I really like are the Ravens and Emperors, but I still get too many duplicate items even from them, so I've stopped buying them. Make more packs like these two, and I may consider buying packs again in the future.

And please, please remove all temporary mounts from the packs or at least lower the rate at which they are received. I hate getting three and four temporary mounts that I simply do not need nor want. I can only ride one mount at a time, so it is such a waste to receive so many of these temporary mounts when they cannot be sold or traded. I really think these packs can be quite rewarding, if you will only put stuff in them that people are interested in, and take out the junk that no one really wants, like the scrolls and the common reagents. Then it might at least be worth the money spent on the packs.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
These packs are successful because they are purchased. If you did not get the item(s) you want from them is not KI fault it is yours. You first must understand every pack is a "chance to get" something useful out of it.

It would seem so many people buy these packs and then feel the need to post about what they didn't get, that they will never buy them again, feel ripped off or cheated and so on. It's been stated over and over again you get the items you pay for - you just are not aware of what they are until after you pay for the pack.

KI has already got your crowns, they are not going to pony up the item you bought them for no matter how hard you stomp your feet. Accept this as a lesson learned next time you want to purchase them or take it as a loss, which ever helps you get past it but don't blame KI for something you did not get or how much you wasted trying, they have no control over that, clearly the packs are totally random.

Defender
May 19, 2012
It seems to me they are a bit too random with the junk. I think out of ten packs, I should have ended up with at least three or four decent items, but no, I ended up with only one. I'm sorry but I tend to disagree with you.

I know you pay crowns which are already purchased, but, if you aren't happy with what you are getting, let's not forget where those crowns come from.

If I stop buying packs, it means I will spend less on crowns, which equals less profit for KI. So let's stop filling these packs with junk, so more people will buy them. I mean, the items are virtual, so they aren't costing KI anything beyond the one time creation of these items. Duplicating them doesn't cost them anything. I'm not asking for that ultra-rare item, I'm just asking for more useful stuff than scroll themes which are already too numerous for free in game or reagents I can purchase off a merchant.

Maybe when they see I've stopped purchasing crowns for a few months, KI might notice the difference, though I doubt it unless others do the same.

I still think until they take out the junk from them, I just won't purchase anymore crowns, since the only thing I purchase with the crowns is packs. I've got better things I can do with my money than throwing it down the drain on junk.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
fiziali wrote:
I should have ended up with at least three or four decent items, but no, I ended up with only one.

That's the problem. somehow, even after it's been stressed that you only get a chance at items, you still feel as though you are entitled to good results because of the amount of crowns you spent. you may have ended up with a few decent items, not should. some do. some don't. that's the basic idea of chance (well progaming in this case but eh..)

I don't understand how your restraint from purchasing crowns will hurt KI. if they still make those packs then surely it means that people are buying them. i am pretty sure the ratio of pack buyers to non buyers is tipping in KI's favor as time goes.

The solution to this is really simple: stop buying if you are not satisfied with the product. this hardly requires a complaint post. just take a stand and encourage others to do the same if you feel like it (much you did in the post i guess). but please people, stop feeling as if KI is responsible from the money you "wasted" on packs.

Defender
May 19, 2012
nagashiki wrote:
fiziali wrote:
I should have ended up with at least three or four decent items, but no, I ended up with only one.

That's the problem. somehow, even after it's been stressed that you only get a chance at items, you still feel as though you are entitled to good results because of the amount of crowns you spent. you may have ended up with a few decent items, not should. some do. some don't. that's the basic idea of chance (well progaming in this case but eh..)

I don't understand how your restraint from purchasing crowns will hurt KI. if they still make those packs then surely it means that people are buying them. i am pretty sure the ratio of pack buyers to non buyers is tipping in KI's favor as time goes.

The solution to this is really simple: stop buying if you are not satisfied with the product. this hardly requires a complaint post. just take a stand and encourage others to do the same if you feel like it (much you did in the post i guess). but please people, stop feeling as if KI is responsible from the money you "wasted" on packs.

As I stated above, it probably wouldn't hurt KI unless others stopped purchasing crowns as well. Personally, however, I will not be purchasing anymore crowns until and unless they fix this.

I am quite amazed by how many people think it's ok for a business to 'sell' you junk, which is what KI is doing by putting junk in these packs. As for expecting 'good results', yes, I do expect to end up with a few decent items...however, as I stated, I don't expect to end up with those rare or ultra rare items. I think there is a huge difference in what others think I am asking for, and what I am actually asking for here. I know I wouldn't go out and purchase someone else's garbage in real life, so why should I do it online?

How will KI know how we, as the customer, feel about it unless we say something? If we say something to them privately, via email, do you think they will really listen? How many people do you think will say something, unless they see others who feel the same way they do? So where is the most logical place to post your complaints? The forums, of course, as it gives public exposure and allows others who feel the same way to chime in, just as it gives you the ability to put in your own two cents on the subject.

I have no objection to others posting how they feel about it, whether they are in favor or against my opinions, but don't expect me to NOT post how I feel about it as I want KI to know what I think. If you disagree with my opinion, that's fine with me. Thank you!

(By the way, nagashiki, although I quoted you above, my reply is not directed specifically at you, and some of it doesn't even pertain to your response, so please don't take offense.)

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I agree there is way to much junk in these packs. I don't mind buying the cards packs, I think everyone here just wants more useful items in in the packs.

And you can add me and my friend to the list of people who will not be buying any more crowns or card packs until we see better items.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I completely agree. I have only purchased one pack, knowing that it was a chance to get something good, and I was only persuaded to purchase because they were on sale. I got 5 housing items (I don't have a house) and a snack. I won't be purchasing any more. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you.