Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Pip System

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
You know when you have six power pips but you want to use a third rank spell? The uses all the pips. What I am proposing that Kingsisle does is split the power pips in half (6-3) so I would have three pips after I use my third rank spell. What are your thoughts on the system? Should it stay the way it is or should it change like I stated above? :-)

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
auraspear235 wrote:
You know when you have six power pips but you want to use a third rank spell? The uses all the pips. What I am proposing that Kingsisle does is split the power pips in half (6-3) so I would have three pips after I use my third rank spell. What are your thoughts on the system? Should it stay the way it is or should it change like I stated above? :-)

I think I get what you are saying, but just to be clear, 6 power pips means only 2 of the power pips get taken away. I get the general concept and agree with you! If you only have power pips, then an odd ranked spell SHOULD take an odd number of pips.

Rogan Dragonflame, Transcendant Pyromancer, The Dragonhound.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
It'll probably stay the way it is, because if you have three power pips, it counts as three pips, for any school. If you use a spell of your own school, each power pip is equal to two pips.
If you want to use the pips/power pips for full value, (power pip= 2), then use spells in your school of focus.