Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

spells in wrong schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
First the centaur dude in the life school spell is from MYTHology.(Greek) and also a lot of the leaves in the life school spells are dead. Isn't life supposed to be about alive stuff and one last thing the balance school spell ra is from MYTHology isn't mythology stuff supposed to be in the myth school spells like the myth school spell Minotaur? Btw ra is from egyption mythology. I know this stuff I studied Greek and egyption mythology a lot. Sorry KI just wanted to point this out.

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
Gembreeze1 wrote:
First the centaur dude in the life school spell is from MYTHology.(Greek) and also a lot of the leaves in the life school spells are dead. Isn't life supposed to be about alive stuff and one last thing the balance school spell ra is from MYTHology isn't mythology stuff supposed to be in the myth school spells like the myth school spell Minotaur? Btw ra is from egyption mythology. I know this stuff I studied Greek and egyption mythology a lot. Sorry KI just wanted to point this out.

well, obviously you are new here. Centaur may be a myth, but it REPRESENTS life. And the leaves are for decoration. Ra represents balance. (And yes, KI knows what race the mythology is from)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Pretty much all spells are based on mythology; have ya seen a leprachaun in person?
You can't very well have every spell in one school.
Sorry, but your logic doesn't work.

Explorer
May 07, 2011
Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
Gembreeze1 wrote:

First - LOTS of the spells have a greek mythology origin. What about storm? Triton, Kraken, and probably Storm Lord would all go to myth also, by your reasoning. But if you think about it, it isn't about the origin, but what they represent (which is why Triton goes to storm, and not myth - for example)

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Dead leaves? So what? Maybe it's fall in the game!

Besides, if we made everything Mythology myth spells than the only school would be myth. Besides, Ra is from egyptian mythology (like you said) but Krokotopia (based off of Egypt) is where the balance school is and is based around the three elemental schools, like Balance, plus some of the other spells relate to Egypt as well (Scarab, Sandstorm, etc). We can't let Myth get all of the mythical creatures!

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
BlueHighwind wrote:
And in addition, Balance spells are based on Egyptian Mythology.
really???? Like sand storm???? The word you want to say is most of the spells are from Eqyptian mythology

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
mat567010 wrote:
BlueHighwind wrote:
And in addition, Balance spells are based on Egyptian Mythology.
really???? Like sand storm???? The word you want to say is most of the spells are from Eqyptian mythology

Hmm, what is Egypt mostly covered in? Besides being based off of Egyptian mythology, it also borrows from Greek mythology again with the hydra and chimera. The best answer has already been displayed: A lot of the spells are based off of mythology. It is not necessary for you to use that many question marks by the way.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Gembreeze1 wrote:

Yeah, just like a Satyr/Faun, which is from Greek/Roman Mythology, but a Satyr is a creature of nature, as well as a Centaur. Also, notice all these other myths:
Minotaur, Hydra, Chimera, Phoenix, Heck Hound (Called Hellhound), Vampire, Ghoul, Piggles (Flying Pigs), Treant, and basically anything else in the game. Even the talking animals, which are the NPC's. Each spell is in its own category, from its mythological nature.

Wizard101 is kind of a Greek and Roman mix-up, and I'm sure we'll see more...

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Caballo203 wrote:
I just want to add, how many wizards have you seen in person?
Hahahahahhahah...
Almost all of wizard101 is mythical.. and Myth doesn't "rule the school."

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
They can't add THAT many spells to myth, think about

satyr, triton, storm lord, ra, unicorn, leprechaun, heck hound, Frankenstein death spell (whatever it's name is), imp, dryad, etc.