Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we look like "Wizards" again?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Don't get me wrong the swords are cool and have great attributes but as you progress through the game we start looking less and less like Wizards more like some kind of foot soldier that just happens to know magic. I understand that some enjoy the new avenues of outfits and helms such as the dragon helms and the MS and DS swords. However there are those of us that enjoy looking like and ancient wizard with a staff/wand and cloaks. Many of us have been forced to wear items we do not wish to only because of stats. I understand there are many hours put into designing items for this great game. But even DS had wizards that don't look like a dragon academy soldier. Just a thought. The game is great and I appreciate you allowing us to speak our ideas.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
It would be nice to have something like "appearance" slots that we can put outfits we've outgrown, but still really like. That way I could still have my pretty pointed hat.

Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
I agree most of the DS people look like foot soldiers can we go back to cloth instead of steal for our clothes?

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I agree with this, but if you haven't noticed that with every world you can buy or get clothes to the theme of the worlds. In Krokotopia you get Egyptian themed clothing. In Marleybone you start getting British or London clothes and stuff. In Mooshu the theme is like Japan so you get samurai things like swords. In Dragonspyre there is NPCs that are like footsoldiers and wear armor so you start getting helmets and armor to suit the theme. Wearing a wand would not fit the soldier look. Wizards use wands while knights and soldiers used swords. As a player I would like to look a little more like a wizard, but because they took the old crowns items away, I just want to wear the foot soldier themed outfits...

Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
octavion14 wrote:
Don't get me wrong the swords are cool and have great attributes but as you progress through the game we start looking less and less like Wizards more like some kind of foot soldier that just happens to know magic. I understand that some enjoy the new avenues of outfits and helms such as the dragon helms and the MS and DS swords. However there are those of us that enjoy looking like and ancient wizard with a staff/wand and cloaks. Many of us have been forced to wear items we do not wish to only because of stats. I understand there are many hours put into designing items for this great game. But even DS had wizards that don't look like a dragon academy soldier. Just a thought. The game is great and I appreciate you allowing us to speak our ideas.

Please, put this thread in the Labratory section so they can see it as a suggestion which they really need to take. If you bring this to their attention they probably might make steps to making us wizards again, not some dragon tamer.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2009
Here is an answer to your question. You ask that we look like wizards. in wizardcity we get clothes that a wizard would wear. But in other worlds they have different items to wear that are adapt to the place. in mooshu they are at war so you can get swords there. Each world has diffrent clothes that they think wizards would wear.

That should answer your question.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
dmc271997 wrote:
Here is an answer to your question. You ask that we look like wizards. in wizardcity we get clothes that a wizard would wear. But in other worlds they have different items to wear that are adapt to the place. in mooshu they are at war so you can get swords there. Each world has diffrent clothes that they think wizards would wear.

That should answer your question.

so your saying not to move on in the game and just stay in WizardCity the whole time? I say there are going to be things within games that your not going to like. Pick your battles, get what you like. I know staying in the theme you like is going to make it harder to move on because your going to need to increase your power. The only way to do that is to get the clothing in that world. Another thing to think of is.... later on there might be something you do like and will be able to wear that... till then.