Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Combat timer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
Right. So What happens is that sometimes when its my turn in a battle i sometimes have to take some time to think over my moves. Though, the problem is that often my round "times out" even though the timer says its like 5-6 seconds left. :(

Is that a lag issue, or is that timer somewat inacurate? If it was just one or two seconds i wouldnt be so bothered by it, but now im actually talking about 5-6 seconds off.
And as a sidenote, my computer is strong enough for the game by far, and i got an awesome connection to the web, so that shouldnt be the issue.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
can you guys add like a extra 10second button to add more time when your in battle becouse i think a lot and discard to get other cards and either when or before or asi am cllicking on the enimie to cast a spell time runs out and i pass once this caused me to die and i dont want to die at the end of a INSTANCE awwwww that would stink pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase add something like that :) :-) :(

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Patchorus wrote:
Right. So What happens is that sometimes when its my turn in a battle i sometimes have to take some time to think over my moves. Though, the problem is that often my round "times out" even though the timer says its like 5-6 seconds left. :(

Is that a lag issue, or is that timer somewat inacurate? If it was just one or two seconds i wouldnt be so bothered by it, but now im actually talking about 5-6 seconds off.
And as a sidenote, my computer is strong enough for the game by far, and i got an awesome connection to the web, so that shouldnt be the issue.

is that lag? line noise? dip in your connection? hard to say exactly without going to your house and testing your connection and equipment. Even with a test, say you have cable and someone hits the pole, going to be next impossible to SEE where the problem is right away. Could be the way the program loads into memory, there is no cut and dry answer to this.