Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Detonate not working properly

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
Hello, Kingsisle. There has been an unusual glitch with the spell Detonate. According to someone I heard from, this spell, instead of adding up the remaining round's damage and attacking the opponent head on with that damage, instead, it attacks what the damage is for one round. This glitch has been happening after the release of Avalon for quite some time now. So Kingsisle, is there any way to fix this? I know you are busy with the Pirate101 and other matters, but I will appreciate it if you can fix it. Thank you for your time to read this.

Sincerely,
Jeremy ThunderVault
Archmage Pyromancer

Note: If this bug has been fixed already, please reply to this post concerning that. I have not used that spell in quite a while, so I do not know.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I just tested Detonate to make sure it was working and it is. The trick with Detonate is to make sure you are using the right DoT spell with it.

In solo situations, Scald or Fire Elf/Dragon work well with it (delayed damage). A DoT that does damage immediately like Power Link does not, since usually by the time you cast Detonate the DoT only has one tick left. Same thing with Heckhound, since it leaves you pipless and you have to wait two rounds to get your pips back again.

Detonate works much better in team situations where your partner casts their DoT from a early position and while on the same round you end it by using all the damage in one go versus waiting the full three rounds.

The pip cost makes this a very situational spell.