Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-6-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Making sure I get the date right this time... ::grin::. It's been a whirlwind week as always, but I wanted to make sure and check in with everyone! Time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, let's go back to quests. Specifically, Wysteria and Grizzleheim quests. You know the drill, what's your FAVORITE and LEAST FAVORITE quest for each world?

These are always fun to read! I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Wysteria:
Least favorite: TOWER OF THE HELEPHANT. If not, then it is Eloise's Key, took me forever to get on my ice wizard. (9 battles if I recall correctly?)
Favorite: When I finally get to win the Spiral cup from those little pitiful brats!

Grizzleheim:
Least favorite: Lothin Doombringer, I always never liked that quest, I dont know why.
Favorite: Jotun, of course!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
My favorite quest in those worlds, hmm, I like most of them so bear (no pun intended) in mind that in the contest for my favorite, too many to name are in a dead tie for an extremely close second. My marginally favorite is the Wysteria quest where you interveiw the merchants to find out who gave them fake gold. It can make you feel like you accomplished something without having to magic something to a pulp.

My least favorite is the time in grizzleheim where you're told to defeat Jotunn. The dialoge doesn't make it clear enough that you can make the fight easier if you defeat his brothers first. An obvious way to fix this might be to have his brothers hold two keys to his lair. You might even be able to get that Grumlik guy into it, by having him explain this.

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
I'm pretty happy when it comes to Grizzelheim, though I do not have a favorite quest. My least favorite would have to be fighting jotun, he was really too hard.

Whysteria irritated me, so again, I have no favorite quest. (though trimming the bushes was pretty fun.) My least favorite quest was searching for that one girl's house key. Ah, it was a side quest, and I can't remember either the name of the quest or the name of the npc, but you had to fight goblins until you recovered it, and it took me two days to find it.

Haley Fairygarden
Level 46 Life/Fire/Myth Wizard

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
well for wysteria the least fav was probably defeating the earth teacher. it drove me crazy that he healed himself.
my most favorite for wysteria was the tower of the helephant. really fun.

and for gh my least favorite was jotun. when i did it there were still for bosses so it was really hard for me.
and my most fav would have to be firing the catapault at the wolves. loved the animations

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Wysteria Favorite was The Tower of The Helephant (Defeat Lyon) least favorite was find the wall roses.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
The only aspect I like about the quests in GH/ WT they give good exp.
In Westeria (sorry I don't know the abriviatoin) I don't like most quests in general. Oh by the way I took some of the advice about programing from professor Greyrose and went and looked at python it is so so so fun.

Nicholas Deathbringer lv.63
legendary pyromancer

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Grizz was a really long time ago, for me, so it's hard to say. But in general for all the worlds it's true that I hate the "side quests" that have nothing to do with the story. The other thing that I really hate is pointless running back and forth. I get that it must be to stretch the time it takes to finish the world and make it more challenging, as you are inevitably drawn into many extra battles. But if this is needed - I wish the drops and rewards were better. So that for the headache of participating in the side quest we got really useful or high sell items that were worth the trouble and time.

Oh I remember that I really hated the spiders in Grizz. The creep factor was way higher than Krok & Marley.

I remember that I liked the main quest where I was trying to get to meet the king. And I loved the story and quest to get my Forest Lord pet. I also loved the whole part where your in that wolf cave and the ice one at the end where there's the lake that has all the frost flowers and a grendel.

In general Grizzleheim was one of my favorite worlds.

As for Wysteria, I'm sorry to say it was mostly a disappointment. It's so beautiful and different - but the story wasn't likeable. There wasn't really anything I liked about the quests. (At least so far. I finally just quit and moved on to Zafaria as soon as I could.)

In general I want the main people we deal with to be people we'd want to deal with and help. And I want to have the chance to follow curiosities - like the portal through which outsiders came into Wysteria. I wanted to go through it and explore and meet a whole new set of characters - who I might want to hang out with. (Since Pigswick was populated with characters I didn't want to hang out with at all.)

Community Leader
This week, let's go back to quests. Specifically, Wysteria and Grizzleheim quests. You know the drill, what's your FAVORITE and LEAST FAVORITE quest for each world?

Grizzleheim
Favorite-Acting Boarish, I really likes that instance
Least favorite-A Fistful of Feathers, Collecting quests.

Wysteria
Favorite-Tip-Topiary, Interactive
Least favorite-Not sure if I had a least favorite to whole area was fun. :)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I can't say I have favorites in either world...or anywhere really. A duel is a duel...except:
Wysteria: Chester Droors. It's easier once you figure out to lay traps on him, but not so easy when the traps you loaded in your deck never appear.

Grizzleheim: Jotun, hands down my least favorite followed very, very closely by the 4 ravens in Ravenscar. :?

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
GrizzleHeim:
GrizzleHeim was just really boring and a huge disapointment. We have to fight big bosses and get like 200 exp. And gives like 30 gold. Wow, seriously?

Wysteria:
Same as GrizzleHeim. Huge disapointment. It was super boring, and i only did it so i wouldn't have 100 quests sitting in my spellbook. I wanted to go through that portal...Seemed interesting.

Jasmine FireBlade lvl 77 pyromancer
Jessica SparkleGem lvl 70 thaumaturge

Survivor
Apr 17, 2012
MY least fav for wystreia would be the wiz cup me vs pigswicks player he is very hard.

My fav quest for wystreia is the easy pixie girl for wiz cup.

My non fav quest for grizzilheim is nothing.

My fav quest for grizzalheim is vs that that bear guy i think hese ment to be my dad.

javascript:emoticon('');

by the way why r the crowns very high why cant they be cheap for members only

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
Wsteria
Least Finals of Spiral cup
Favorite Library archives. It was so easy!

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Grizzleheim
Least favorite - the spider collections quests in Savaardstad Pass, especially with those irritating grabby little imps to have to get past.
Favorite - Jotun and the Ravens - I will never forget my first fight with Jotun. I ported in to help a friend, not knowing what I was getting into. I wasn't that far yet. Oh my, all I can say is thank you to my very brave and helpful sprite minion. She saved us all.

Wysteria
Least favorite - The key quest and the collection quests from the green men. Both took way longer than they should for a small low level side world.
Favorite - Easy but still pleasing was getting the spiral cup from those pompous Pigswick wizards. Also, I enjoy the challenge of the Helephant Tower, but I don't farm it unless I'm going with a group I know well.

By the way, why do the goblins and hobgoblins of Avalon not count towards the goblins badge? It takes tons of boring fights to get the Napoleon Complex.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
Hmm... My favorite quest in Wysteria was where I had to defeat that last snobbish pig guy who was myth and completely weak, to my level. I loved exploring the chamber he was in lol
I thought tower of the helephant was really REALLY hard. I dont know why I beat that, and not the tower of cheating bosses in Marleybone.
Also, I really don't like the quests (especially in the higher worlds) where you have to defeat the road enemies over and over and OVER AGAIN!!!!!! It gets really irritating, especially when it takes a couple ice angels (and a lot of mana) to defeat your enemies.

In grizzelheim, i loved the chain of quests in the froslthom dungeon, because you get to fool a lot of people. lol.
When my first ever wizard was in grizzelheim, it took her a week to finish the quest at the end of savarstaad pass where you have to defeat the big green grendel in the draughtard fort. ( not how you spell, probably, i think it was something like that XD)

The Nice Ice Wizard

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
My favorite quest for Wysteria was the line with the Golden Piggle. Least favorite? The whole Spiral Cup thing. Everyone enjoys defeating snobbish people, but still. Maybe it's just me.
Favorite quest for Grizzleheim? Fighting those Ravens! Least favorite? At the very beginning, having to defeat those storm boars.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:
Wysteria:
Least favorite: TOWER OF THE HELEPHANT. If not, then it is Eloise's Key, took me forever to get on my ice wizard. (9 battles if I recall correctly?)
Favorite: When I finally get to win the Spiral cup from those little pitiful brats!

Grizzleheim:
Least favorite: Lothin Doombringer, I always never liked that quest, I dont know why.
Favorite: Jotun, of course!
Those were mine too

Administrator
Thanks for the input all! Apparently Jotun was the best AND worst thing about Grizzleheim, somehow. (I liked battling with him... *grin*).

New Feedback Friday very shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea