Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chat issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Hi!

The chat filter is beyond insane.

I mean, ok, you all want the kids protected and blabla, but this concerning is beyond limit, wondering if the developers are insane overprotective parents or what, not everyone is 18- in this game.

pre-approved phrases are not efficient because there are so many options to look for them when we find are no longer needed.

13- can't use chat, that's ok, but the open chat filter we can't say numbers, how can i reply a pm with my lvl if i can't type it? there's a pre-approved phrase that says your lvl, but we can't use this on a private message i guess.
open chat is only readable to players with open chat too, i think it's ok

and i'm not going to start talking about true friends filter...
that's the worse thing, MMO is meant to be interactive between players, make friends, talk, zip your mouth to everyone is not the best way to do it

Administrator
The Chat Filter is there to protect YOU and other young Wizards.

While developing Wizard101, we realized the style and content of the game would appeal to all ages. As a result of our young audience, we decided to incorporate safeguards that make online play a generally safe and positive experience (especially when dealing with other players).

We have excluded numbers from the chat system to ensure that children who don't know better cannot easily exchange private information.

As for stating your current level, health and mana, the Menu Chat system has these pre-formed statements under the Friendly -> Stats section.

Players who have proven they are over the age of majority (18) through the use of a valid credit card on their account that is age 18+ can unlock the Open Chat feature.

This chat is filtered for profanity. In this channel, when players type their text they will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means only 18+ can see it, and red is completely filtered.

This chat feature is in response to our community's requests. To ensure the highest level of safety, we have chosen to provide this for our active Members only. Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

community@wizard101.com