Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm is so hard after lvl 50 and 60

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
There is a weakness in every school but for storm, AFTER LVL 50 there hardly has no weakness. Firstly, storm always fizzles. That is the weakness for storm. But, after lvl 50 storm has heaps of accuracy and damage and critical rating. For instance, i have a friend called Quinn Dawnsword. He used to have 26 ACCURACY 76 damage. That means, for him it does the most damage, and he would hardly ever fizzle. Lifes chance of fizzling is 90 but for storm it is 70. But, since my friend has so much accuracy he has more accuracy than life. 70 + 26= 96. He only has four% that he will fizzle. KI, if you can, please change this.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Actually, storms weakness is low health and resistance... Not fizzling... Sorry to break it to you...

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Ronster55 wrote:
Actually, storms weakness is low health and resistance... Not fizzling... Sorry to break it to you...

He's right. I got my first accuracy gear at around level 25 ish and I still fizzle around 25% of the time even if my accuracy is 80 percent. We have the high accuracy clothes because we need them.

And don't get me started on our health? You don't want to know how many times I've been knocked out because I got arrogant and decided to solo a dungeon/boss etc.

Also, our resistances are almost squat for everything except Storm. So next time you think Storm is overpowered, just look at our bad resistances and thank your lucky stars that you have more. (This is why I have a Theurgist, Necromancer and Thaumaturge as well.)

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Wow. I never thought one day when i was going through the message boards, i would find something like this. Its funny you say that because nearly everyone complains by that level, storm has lost its purpose, and they are one of the worst schools in the game. I personally havent had any troubles with my storm, but thats what most of the complaints are about. Well that and how ice is over powered. I might not have troubles because i can heal with my mastery amulet, or i can tower shield and feint at will. Who knows. It is easier on my myth, except for mobs. But with that said, i personally think its never the school as a whole, it is the player as an individual.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:

and lowest hit rate early on
we fizzle more ( until improve accuressy in gear comes )
we have low resist ( pretty much always)
and low health ( we may never get around that weakness)

we take out 3 chunks of important stuff for 1 thing

pure destructive energy
lightning and thunder is hard to control
it takes time and skill to master its energy
or be blown up trying

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011

I wish fizzling was our problem.

If we had nice health and resistance, I would fizzle near every spell if I had to.

-gtafreak101
~EricCrowSpear-Lvl 80