Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crown money chests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
when you battle a kind of boss like lord nightshade and you can throw in 50 crowns for a second chance in getting what you wanted. i think i should be 50 crowns and when you go again it should be 50 crowns again instead of 100. plz try that. and if you tell me why it goes up 50 every time. 8)

Administrator
This is the age old Crowns vs Time argument, young Wizard.

You can either spend Crowns to access the chest for a "Second Chance" at the items the boss may drop

-or-

You can spend Time to re-do the entire dungeon for a chance at the items the boss may drop when you duel them.

Each successive run of the dungeon takes more time, which is why the Chests get more expensive with every roll.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
This is the age old Crowns vs Time argument, young Wizard.

You can either spend Crowns to access the chest for a "Second Chance" at the items the boss may drop

-or-

You can spend Time to re-do the entire dungeon for a chance at the items the boss may drop when you duel them.

Each successive run of the dungeon takes more time, which is why the Chests get more expensive with every roll.

I agree but it is slightly unfair to some people that you can't throw in crowns at sylster or luska and make it so it is super super super super super unlikely to get really really really good items (main waterworks gear, or mastery amulets).

Administrator
mouseface5 wrote:
I agree but it is slightly unfair to some people that you can't throw in crowns at sylster or luska and make it so it is super super super super super unlikely to get really really really good items (main waterworks gear, or mastery amulets).

You just proved my point, young Wizard. You don't have to spend the Crowns - you have the option to spend the time.

community@wizard101.com