Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Hate Celestia Collecting Quests!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
It took me 35 minutes to get all the items I needed in the District of The Stars. The other quest took me about an hour and half to get all the stuff. I'm so happy I finished them because it just took too long. Hope I don't come across A LOT more of collecting quests.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
jjman2313 on Jul 2, 2012 wrote:
I was just wondering who agrees with me. I hope Professor Greyrose sees this message and does something about it.
I think Celestia has WAY too many collecting quests! And they are SO hard to do. I was on one of them for 2 DAYS!
Who agrees?
I agree. I just did wintertusk so i am a little over leveled for CL. But, The collecting quests take forever! Like 2 out of 5 battles I do actually drop the item i need to collect. But my friend told me that ZF was even WORSE! I hope something fixed here.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
I am at lvl 56 and have been on the quest in the grotto when I have to defeat the Voltic Eel three times. I have been battling (and winning) more than 8 times and I am still (1 of 3). What is up with this stage of the game when has to keep battling and NOT getting credit?

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
I can only take so much before I just get bored and play with a different wizard. I understand that it's supposed to make the game a little more difficult but it isn't nearly as difficult as it is boring and aggravating IMO.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
I'm in the Science Center...It's just REALLY irritating. I fought like 100 battles today and not one item! I only have (1/3). Yes, I do understand we need a challenge but this is getting ridiculous. I like the fact we have a challenge but the: "Did not collect whatever from whatever. Try again." is getting really annoying. KI, can you please slightly increase the drop rate?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
SergeantBlueStar on Nov 30, 2012 wrote:
I'm in the Science Center...It's just REALLY irritating. I fought like 100 battles today and not one item! I only have (1/3). Yes, I do understand we need a challenge but this is getting ridiculous. I like the fact we have a challenge but the: "Did not collect whatever from whatever. Try again." is getting really annoying. KI, can you please slightly increase the drop rate?
I have told you a million times not to exagerate!

Don't expect a change in the drop rate soon. My wizard was a bit overpowered through Celestia so there was little challenge, just repitition. Sometimes I used the opportunity to try new and different things. Spells I never use, or different strategies. Usually I just tried to dispatch them as fast as possible. I recommend taking breaks visiting Grizzleheim or some other quests. Break things up a bit. Leveling up more makes it easier and faster too. Because the 'Did Not Collect' quests keep coming!

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
I completely agree! I been playing solo with a few exceptions (a couple boss battles) up to this point. Now I find myself more and more often begging my friends for help. At this point it is annoying both my friends and I. And I must say I enjoy a good challenge, but this is starting to frustrate me. The quests just keep piling up and the message of 'did not collect' becomes more common. This is quite daunting after a while.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
Yes! To be honest, they should just ask us to defeat like 20 of whoever we need to collect from because that's how much it actually takes!!!!!!!! I get really fed up with it. I am at the last quest in Science-Center at the moment. Before there was too many collecting quests ...
--Ashley Deathflame, Balance, Level 60

Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
PersonOfLife on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Yes! To be honest, they should just ask us to defeat like 20 of whoever we need to collect from because that's how much it actually takes!!!!!!!! I get really fed up with it. I am at the last quest in Science-Center at the moment. Before there was too many collecting quests ...
--Ashley Deathflame, Balance, Level 60
I totally agree, the collecting missions need to be twicked as well as the fizzle rate. Took me forever to get to the floating island then took me two days just to do that! KI plz increase the drop rate and lower the fizzle rate PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
May 14, 2009
The quests I dislike the most are the defeat and collect ones. Sadly, there are quite a bit in celestia, I made another wizard, and now I have to do them again.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I agree! I have actually stopped playing for a little bit just because most of my quests are collecting. I hope somebody does something about this!

Bailey Skullvault
GrandMaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
i hated that then in Zafaria it got worst so i just stayed in the arena for a while, but collections in avalon got shorter and they are three and it only takes about three rounds
you g\either get nothing one or twoo so i was ok with that, I think celestia and Zafaria are just random

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
I hate it when you have to get something from an enemy and it says (did not collect) so you end up having to fight like ten battles before you get it, and the battles are hard!