Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Lighting" issue/Audio issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Two things - the first I've noticed over a few years and a few computers... Sometimes when spells are cast, the summoned creatures look as if a light that was turned on above them was turned off that particular time... they're darker, "shadowyer", I really don't know how to explain it. A good example is the Thunder Snake. Most of the time when summoned it is bright white, but occasionally it looks grey and "unlit".

Second is the audio. Particularly the voice overs - sometimes the volume of them is so low you can barely hear it. Also, spells seem to randomly and sporadically be much louder from time to time.

Has anyone noticed either of these things? Is there anything that can be done about them?

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
I haven't noticed any audio problems. I have noticed that sometimes certain spells do appear darker than they used to be. At times they even appear to be black.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
Do you have intel integrated graphics? If you do it's a problem with your graphics card

Defender
May 15, 2010
Yes, the sight problem has been getting bad for me, here are some examples:
Meteor strike just looks like rocks sometimes
Ice wyvern looks plain weird.
Tempest looks more like pure water, as in it's bluer or something
Frost beetle was a bit darker.
That's about it.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
No, I don't have integrated graphics. My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti. I play at 1920x1080 resolution with everything turned as high as it will go. As I stated, though, I've noticed the battlefield "darkening" issue on every computer I've ever played this on, and my friend yesterday noticed it on hers too, so I suppose it's a bug of some sort. It doesn't happen every single time a spell is cast, just randomly every once in a while.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
I have seen the lighting thing many times. I am also confused about it.