Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do wizards get famous????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2009
A wizard can become famous but it depends on what exactly makes them memorable, some are known for insane damage, some for youtube videos, some for fan art or fan fiction, I myself am a well known teacher of new characters, giving them the skills and knowledge they need to be a huge success in this game so yea a wizard can become famous but it depends on what exactly they do to make them known

Chase Stormsword
Grandmaster Diviner
Aedan Dawnglade
Grandmaster Theurgist

Historian
May 28, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
You don't get famous in this game. If you want to be famous in an online game, it really helps to pick one with a very small playerbase. It also helps to pick a game that has non-instanced housing or territory control, so that other players can see what you've done even when you're not standing there.

Judging from your comments, it sounds like you think posting a video on YouTube makes one famous. Perhaps you should try that if you want that sort of fame.

Aha! I just know how to respond you! The most famous wizard can be like the creator of the featured fansite. That is the best fansite so is there. Or like the one who maded many guide videos. Just like HB102.

They are famous cause of this. This some that what you can do to be famous

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
I am trying SO HARD to get famous. I've thought of everything I can. What I mean by famous is that I could walk wizard city and someone would reconize me without me have to have met them before. I'm about to submit an entire story to the player submited work area in hopes of getting an author page, I'm trying to get on the makers of ravenwood radio's friends list because they are famous. I'm also gotten as powerfull as a fire wizard can posiably get. I've done every area in the game AT LEAST twice. I've got all my grand cloths and know everything and I mean everything about the game. What is there left to do? I don't have the reasorces or the money do millions of damage. If you see me around the spiral, you'll see me as Scot Thorn. So, as they say, see you in Celestia.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the power of fire, nothing is beyond my reach.
Scot Thorn

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Did everyone forget about John legend sword? The MOST subscribed wizard101 player? I am surprised lol and no I am not him but still ;P you guys are talking about people I don't even know well except for angel dragongem but seriously? Come on lol

James Skull Wielder
lvl 60 death
Fan of John legend sword other wise known as heroboy102
~Death is the future, life is the past~

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
Stephen Spiritcaller, Friendly Necromancer, Leesha Darkheart and other famous people did NOT just become famous overnight. It takes time to become famous!
Ideas
1. Blog
2. HUGE hit
3. Podcast (like Ravenwood Radio)
4. I am sure there are others

-Thomas Deathgem Legandary Diviner

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Quizzical wrote:
You don't get famous in this game. If you want to be famous in an online game, it really helps to pick one with a very small playerbase. It also helps to pick a game that has non-instanced housing or territory control, so that other players can see what you've done even when you're not standing there.

Judging from your comments, it sounds like you think posting a video on YouTube makes one famous. Perhaps you should try that if you want that sort of fame.

um i got a friend thats pretty popular cause he has 3 grands almost 4. i pretty well known myself in the game.

Daniel Thunderflame

recognize that wiz?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
sirtrevoro11 wrote:
Rose12345 wrote:
I have a question to all wizards. How do other wizards get famous (here's a list to show)? The famous wizards I've seen are:

Angel DragonGem (grandmaster ice student on youtube)
Chase Shadowalker (grandmaster life student on youtube)
Danielle DeathCaster (unkown lvl death student and Angel DragonGem's wife lol)
Alex Pearider (unknown lvl storm student on youtube who used wild bolt that hit over 5 million damage OMG)
Heather Rosepetal (grandmaster fire student spotted in arena defeated but was a hero) :(
Blake FireRider (unknown lvl fire who has annouced and filmed Angel DragonGem and Danielle DeathCaster's wedding which was SOOOO CUTE!!!

So how did they get famous (if you're my friend, don't worry, you're special)? Respond if you know.

OVER 5 MILLION DAMAGE! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? impossible! come on! NO spell can hit THAT much damage in one attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats with you? :(

dude one of my friends hit 10,000,000 on a critical full power pip temp with lots of baldes and traps. it is possible.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
sirtrevoro11 wrote:
Rose12345 wrote:
I have a question to all wizards. How do other wizards get famous (here's a list to show)? The famous wizards I've seen are:

Angel DragonGem (grandmaster ice student on youtube)
Chase Shadowalker (grandmaster life student on youtube)
Danielle DeathCaster (unkown lvl death student and Angel DragonGem's wife lol)
Alex Pearider (unknown lvl storm student on youtube who used wild bolt that hit over 5 million damage OMG)
Heather Rosepetal (grandmaster fire student spotted in arena defeated but was a hero) :(
Blake FireRider (unknown lvl fire who has annouced and filmed Angel DragonGem and Danielle DeathCaster's wedding which was SOOOO CUTE!!!

So how did they get famous (if you're my friend, don't worry, you're special)? Respond if you know.

Hello, this is brandon stormheart (i beat malistare TWICE) well if you come in contact with the rainbow bridge society DONT give them treasure cards!!! she's going to just STEAL your treasure cards!!!! I'M NOT LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me i even got tricked!

you only beat malistare 2 times?????????????? i beat him like 5,000,000 times. most times with david stronghunter

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Well for some reason, i run into celebs often. i saw Angel dragongem at the Bazzar once but i didn't know him until way later. The most recent celebrity i saw was Thomas Lionblood's wife. Bailey Skystaff. I tried to friend her but she didn't accept. Also it was hard since i was in bazzar with a lot of poeple. If you want to be famous dot these:

Try to make a high damage spell and film it.

Make a wizard101 fansite like wizard101central.com or the Friendly Necromancer.

Film your house to show off how it looks

Film battles and quests.

Hoping this helped,

Wulfric Von Shadowgem. Level 57 Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
I don't understand WHY you would want to be famous.... I mean you would get SOOOOOO many friend requests all the time. That would be really annoying. And I have heard of many wizards and saw them in-game. Many are JERKS. I mean people look up to them.....

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
I don't really mind if you made a video, but i am talking about people like angel dragongem and those type of people. Your fame wont be long lasting. Eventully it will end. But is it nececary to post video's on youtube? consider that.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I'm not that famous yet but I do make videos on you tube and subs are rollong in lol. I hope to be like John legend sword or Angel. I actually met Angel today XD. I was battling in cl and he just popped up and battled with me

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Yankees15x wrote:
Dorrisa wrote:
How can someone hit with over 5 million damage and you can't just get famous just because you made a tiny little show on YouTube. I mean whoever heard of someone hitting over 5 million damage with out seeing how she/he did it? You need evidence that she/he did it just like Sherlock Bones finds clues. If they did do it, HOW DID THEY DO IT WHAT WERE THEY WEARING AND WHAT DID THEY USE!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?

Well I hit over 18 million damage. I made a list and video of when I hit 13 million.
The list and video can be found here.. http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8862

It is all legit. I used a total of 32 traps and blades: treasure, normal, and booster pack cards. There is a picture on the site, a video of the whole thing, and a list of all stuff too. That is my evidence.

I'll admit, at first I doubted you, but the pictures and videos on the link don't lie. My question is how did you set it all up without all the traps being used? A lot of the time when I put a trap on a boss or just a street monster, my friends will use it.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
first of all; i had never ever even heard of engel dragongem, alex pearlrider, or fiona ash-somethin'. second; i get y u'd be curious about this topic and third; try youtube it works for lots of peoples ^^

Scarlet
lvl 54
grandmaster diviner
(luvs wafflez)

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
kalob wrote:
Well I am Kenneth Deathsword and I should be famous as well. I used tempest the other night on my noob character and hit for over 12,000. I had a lot of help from Boris Dragondust and Heather Rosepetal. So where do I rank on the record books with that?

I think you will be more well known as someone said "if you have evidence you actually did it." You should have take a picture, make a video, etc and post it on wizard central or something like that. You can't just wave a magic wand and claim your famous you got to PROVE you did it. :D Hope this helps don't wanna burst your bubble

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Angel DragonGem is probably the most famous PvP wizard I ever seen. He was famous for defeating 2 of Kingsisle's staff, the creator of Wizard101, and a hacker. When he defeated J. Todd Coleman, the creator, the creator put up an album that showed the duel until 2010. I'm a big fan of him. So with some math

the creator:1
The hacker:1
the staff: 2

So 4 of them defeated in ONE year during 2009.

I think he's a warlord.

He must be the PvP legend.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
Personally, your famous if:

1. You make very popular videos on youtube
2. You feature in a popular persons video (sometimes)
3. Your well known on wizard101central

I've met a few "famous" wizards, I met Zachary FireBreaker (MrSkittles626 on youtube), his gf Chelsea FireBreaker, Angel DragonGem (I tried adding him, but i think he was afk) and Fiona AshBlood. I don't think they were fakes cause they looked exactly like they did in videos, and Fiona was surrounded by people begging to be her friend, so I left her alone.

These people are fun to hang out with, but some of them are really mean to lower lvls. Don't try to be famous, just have fun. :)

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Usually fame comes in one essential way. If many wizards are into Lores and Legends, then the Writing Submission could lead to immediate fame.

I, on the other hand am just natural at being famous (jk).

Though I'm pretty sure my catchphrase is famous lol, and if it isn't, it will probably be in a couple of days or maybe even weeks.

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge
"We've all been noobs before ..."

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
Rose12345 wrote:
1Sonicboom wrote:
i see what you mean. i never wanted to become famous as you put it. all i wanted to do was make videos. i never expected to become famous. just to get famous is to try your best to be the best. oh and this is Angel Dragongem grandmaster of ice.

Oops, sorry. I never thought you never wanted to be famous. It's just that I admired your videos on Youtube. I'm not trying to be mean though. Somehow, I just wish I could meet your wizard (if you accept, please bring Chase ShadowWalker) in person. So maybe we should meet at the Athenuem in
Realm: Greyrose
Day: tomorrow at 4:00pm
World and Location :The Athenuem (Dragonspyre).
Meeting: Natalie Flower
P.S In your video called "The Stone Roses", how did you get to run that fast. And you're the reason why I completed ALMOST all of the Roses. Thanks bye the way. :D
He is using hypercam or fraps and is doing some technichal stuff and is speeding it up All you need is a screen recorder leran how to upload videos from it put it on youtube and you are done just like Angel Dragongem or John Legendsword or Neji8palm

Survivor
May 03, 2009
-Someone who's constantly helping everyone no matter what. This person is a leader and can be found everywhere.

-Someone who has awesome ideas to share and help create the wizard world.

-Cath

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
you just have to make your own title up like troll master you have to defeat 200 trolls my title is houseing overlord because i make more than a palace but i make a hotel out of wooden benchs boo yay

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
You don't get famous in a Online Game like this. If you mean by getting famous its getting noticed, you can get easily noticed if you have new in season items or if your a high level person or a friend of a popular group, but the time is limited.

Survivor
May 19, 2011
Why hello there fello young wizard maybe be a lvl 60 idn i am just takeing a guess ~Heather SoulStalker~

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
How do you get famous? You decide what that means to you. Fame to me in this game is mastery of the battle circle, a full array of spells and weaponry to meet any challenge. Research online to know what to be careful about, wand what is possible, not allowed in Dungeons. Lots of loyal friends.

One player gave me the greatest complement about my p[art in battling Astreaus. I said, I try to be flexible and effective, and he said: Well, it shows. So I am famous to at least 1 person.

You can also be famous for having the most number of girlfriends, but I would not recommend this course of action if you have at least one brain cell in your head. You could create 5 separate characters on your master account and have 5 girlfiends, but you'd have no time for homework.

Fame to me is also the joy I feel when I help someone new to the game. I help them, give them opportunity to advance, protect then when in battle, I gift them tools they need. I like when a former noob beats me in PvP, but I am so lousy at it. I can hit NPCs and Nosses, etc, but not real folk - no no

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
Yankees15x wrote:
I am Alex Pearlrider and Alex Jaderider.
Pearlrider is Grandmaster Storm, also the 5 million damage was a long time ago, my most recent was nearly 19 million damage.
It's funny, because no one pays attention to Pearlrider, I only am known to be famous as Alex Jaderider.

*high fives* you've GOT to teach me how to do that.