Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

going to malistaire!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
ya know i faught the whole way up to malistair by myself for the most part and i like it that way. so just guess how i felt when i get to the end and i couldnt open the doors the crown of fire.. i only had two friends in my list.
so i had to go around like an newbie asking for help to open the door..i dont think that is right.. can we make some way to get in with out any help?

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
that's not the point of the game by doing the game solo KI had made the last quest for now (final countdown) a none solo instance you need to do it with friends so you can learn that you can't face life alone and you need people to help you 8)

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
I have to say, I agree with fizzen. I have soloed the game and don´t have a big friends list. It actually took me about a month before I got lucky and found some people that were there already to take on Malistaire. (I finally finished him today! Big day). It was fun cooperating like that, but still, I would liked to have the option of soloing the whole thing, even if it is much more difficult. I don´t like that they made it completely impossible to do for us lone wolfs out there

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
for some reason they are not letting me reply to this the way i want but i 100%
agree there is no reason to let the whole game be played solo and then require team play for the last level.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I am going to have to agree 100% as well, it is bad enough that I am a Level 50 Grandmaster that fought my way through 4 against 1 odds to get to the blasted door. Now you tell me I can't go in because I don't have "friends" who are to that quest? Some major hint would have been nice.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
DarkWaters: Couldn´t agree more. I spent about 3 hours battling my way to the door, just to find out it was impossible to open.

I do wonder though, DW and fizzens, are you death wizards?

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
I agree--after playing the entire game alone--which was my choice--I don't want to have to get find "friends" to help me finish. I have really enjoyed the game up until now but would like to see this part of the game changed. I pay like the next person and would like the option of playing the game solo. Not sure I will continue my subscription if this isn't changed

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Wow, I'm bummed. I was getting ready to finish the game sometime tonight, and now it seems I won't be able to. :-(

I don't think there is any chance that KI will redesign this portion of the game, but I would like to register my dissapointment. I have played the entire game solo, with no exceptions other than a couple of times when someone ran up to an instance that I was about to port into and I didn't want to be rude and port away. I did all of Moo Shu and so far all of Dragonspyre without being killed or fleeing even once. It's hard to imagine that after several weeks of playing this way, I now need to find some strangers to team up with and accomodate in order to finish.

I guess if my wife needs help or my dog needs to go out, instead of just leaving the game on and running back every 5 minutes to giggle the mouse so I can avoid getting disconnected due to time, I'll just have to apologize and port out and start all over again from the beginning with some other group.

I don't mind content that can only be completed by groups. It is irritating that a main quest line that you can't bypass requires a group, though-- I would have felt better about it if the final stage of every world was like this, so that you knew what you were getting in for before investing so much time. :-(

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
DarkWaters wrote:
I am going to have to agree 100% as well, it is bad enough that I am a Level 50 Grandmaster that fought my way through 4 against 1 odds to get to the blasted door. Now you tell me I can't go in because I don't have "friends" who are to that quest? Some major hint would have been nice.

just have your friends teleport to you so they can get in

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Snaebra - Yes Primary School Death, Secondary School Ice, Tertiary School Life.

Megantler - Some of the recent changes in the program prevent most cases of that. From what I can see for any Indicted Level/Room/Tower/Vault/etc., if you don't have that quest or already have completed it, you get a "Sorry, that user is busy at this time" error message if you try to teleport in. It doesn't block just going to a world, or any general area, only areas that have the blue circle/countdown pads to get into.

What's even worse is that since we can't get through the door, you can't complete the stone roses quest either.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I was also really bummed out that after all the quests that I did solo I was couldn't get into Malistaire without the help of three others. It should let you know before you enter the instanced area. That it is that way. Other than that this game has been pretty good and I hope that they change this area to be solo'd also.