Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Awesome Gear :)! Lots Of Doubt :(!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
In PvP there is many awesome gear that you can earn but collecting enough tickets!!!! But unfourtuntly you have to be a certain rank !! :(
Many players have their dream crushed (like me) of having awesome Wizard101 PvP gear because they have to be high ranks. Lots of players are good at PvP but then again....There are the players like me that are horrible at it. And thats not all that keeps getting players down. Many Wizards that ARE good at PvP feel the need to hurt the bad at PvP players which just gives them more doubt.

Guys! This is the problem I am talking about! 1. Awesome-At-PvP-People who want to make the Bad-At-PvP-People feel bad because there not good at it and 2. The Gear being difficult to get for the Bad-At-PvP-People which annoys many of them. If you have a story,feeling you would like you talk about on this subject feel free to comment! :D

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
The point of the Arena Gear is for high ranked players who get arena tickets from beating skilled opponents. Everyone is bad at PvP when they start. I have a Warlord death wizard and Warlord fire wizard and when I first started PvP, I was awful. As time went on I observed how Warlord players played and their strategy and tried to do the same thing. Also, the Warlord gear is pretty worthless after level 60 due to the Waterworks gear so if you're trying to get the Arena gear and you are level 60 or above you are somewhat wasting your time.

Many Warlord wizards revolve the game around PvP. Warlords spent countless hours farming for gold, hatching pets, crafting and gardening to make their wizard as powerful as possible. They also spent a lot of crowns on the best wands, and the coolest looking outfits.

If you would like to obtain the Warlord gear you are going to have to earn it. The reason the gear is good is because only the most skilled PvP wizards can get it.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Colourfuni wrote:
In PvP there is many awesome gear that you can earn but collecting enough tickets!!!! But unfourtuntly you have to be a certain rank !! :(
Many players have their dream crushed (like me) of having awesome Wizard101 PvP gear because they have to be high ranks. Lots of players are good at PvP but then again....There are the players like me that are horrible at it. And thats not all that keeps getting players down. Many Wizards that ARE good at PvP feel the need to hurt the bad at PvP players which just gives them more doubt.

Guys! This is the problem I am talking about! 1. Awesome-At-PvP-People who want to make the Bad-At-PvP-People feel bad because there not good at it and 2. The Gear being difficult to get for the Bad-At-PvP-People which annoys many of them. If you have a story,feeling you would like you talk about on this subject feel free to comment! :D

Umm... all Warlords aren't evil demons who's only wish is to make people feel bad. Personally I even find myself having a short fuse with not-so-good-pvpers. As for the gear, it's a reward to be earned, although it's not 100% exclusive, seeing as the male gear is available via one of the $39 bundles.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Lucario450 wrote:
Colourfuni wrote:

Umm... all Warlords aren't evil demons who's only wish is to make people feel bad. Personally I even find myself having a short fuse with not-so-good-pvpers. As for the gear, it's a reward to be earned, although it's not 100% exclusive, seeing as the male gear is available via one of the $39 bundles.

there is no way we would spend 39$ on a gear

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
gougou101 wrote:
Lucario450 wrote:
Colourfuni wrote:

there is no way we would spend 39$ on a gear

One could make the same argument about the op Hydra Hoard gear :3 You can't expect everything to be givin to you without challenge or cash bro.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
Don't give up your dreams! Keep trying. Even us Captains get down some times by maybe Commanders and Warlords but we just keep fighting, and so should you! Get treasure cards if you want it that bad but I am telling you don't give up your dreams!!! I wish you the best of pvp!

-Savvy DarkHunter Lvl 24 Life Pvp Captain

Defender
May 15, 2010
Awesome gear that requires rank! Can only be used in PvP, which you seem to hate. In other words, the regular gear doesn't require ranking.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
I agree with you dillon7625 everyone is bad at pvp when they start but soon learn how to become a better pvp player. I used to suck at pvp and had a rank of private until I learned how to become a better player and watched other great pvp players. Now i'm a captain trying to reach commander to get the arena gear just as you colourfuni. Don't give up your dreams because I never did.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Sigh, we ALREADY have gear. Veteran and commander gear.

Jasmine FireBlade/Jessica SparkleGem

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Colourfuni,

With every match, win or lose, you get a little bit stronger and a little bit smarter. I remember my first few matches and they were horrible LoL. One match in particular i was hit with a high pip judge (had not even seen the spell at that point) and I was like O_O...

The most important advice I can give you is to stay focused and get right back up no matter how many times you get knocked down. Being successful at pvp is just like anything else in this world, it requires practice. Every loss is something you can learn from and get better.

There are some really good guides on a website called wizard central that will give you step by step information about how to set up your pvp character and win matches if you're interested.

One more thing, when you get to commander (and you will) be sure to be kind to the people of lower rank, never forget how it felt to be treated poorly. Everyone deserves respect regardless of rank and level. GL in the arena.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I think the coat of invincibility price should be lowerd down