Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why must there be so many long quests?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
I think that most would agree that quests in this game are very long and back and forth. Why can't there just be simple quests so we can move on with our lives? I rarely like the quests I receive because it's normally go defeat these guys and bring back this. The issue with this is that the guys I am supposed to defeat don't drop what I need and so I have to do twenty more battles then I had wished. I hope that future quests don't repeat what has happened here.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Altho we may agree I can see the reason - many wizards start out of the gate zooming for the end of Avalon - these quests how ever annoying put a bit of a speed bump in the game to prevent total point A to B questing.

If you look back on all the worlds behind you you will find that each has it's speed bump. Stop smell the roses, break it up a bit by training your pet, watering your plants, shopping at the Bazaar - what have you, sometimes when you return it gives you a fresh out look on the grind of defeat and collect.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
ogggreen123 wrote:
I think that most would agree that quests in this game are very long and back and forth. Why can't there just be simple quests so we can move on with our lives? I rarely like the quests I receive because it's normally go defeat these guys and bring back this. The issue with this is that the guys I am supposed to defeat don't drop what I need and so I have to do twenty more battles then I had wished. I hope that future quests don't repeat what has happened here.

I am not sure I quite understand your question or complaint.

The whole game, is in essence, Big Quests.

The first quest is to Defeat Malistaire and save the spiral, that quest takes you through Wizard City, Krokotopia, MarleyBone, Mooshu, and finally DragonSpyre.

Then you have the quest of stopping Morganthe and saving the spiral, that quest begins in Celestia, then Zafaria, and now Avalon.

Then you have the quest to save the spiral from the Frost Giant, which takes you through Grizzleheim and Wintertusk.

Then you have the quest to win the Spiral Cup which takes you through Wysteria.

So, in essence, to say you hate questing, is to say you hate the game.

The whole part of every quest, is to reach a point to get to the next point. Side quests are other people that are in need. You don't have to do side quests to advance through the game, but it sure helps with the experience.

If you made all quests easy, there would not be much to the game or the worlds, then everyone would fly through everywhere and complain that there is absolutely nothing to do.

So, my suggestion is, to enjoy the story line, make it fun. Change the way you look at questing, don't look at it as a repetition, but rather as an obstacle that you must overcome. There are also a lot of times, when if you do things correctly, you can have the same fights done all at the same time, so you are completing many tasks all in the same fight.

Just my thoughts.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
A quest is a quest is a quest is a quest. And a quest will always be a quest. No matter how you look at it.

That is simply how KI decided to have this game played. And I don't think anything will change about that.

The way I do it, I try to mix it all up. My playstyle is a mashed hulla balloo of gardening/pet training/questing/decorating. And I don't sit on the computer for long because of it.

Play on the computer for a bit, take a little break. Play, and take a break. This is not a race, and will never be. Although people will always try to make it that way. Don't force yourself to do a quest if you don't feel like doing it at that time. Because that is how you make it not fun.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
I understand what you are saying, but I never said I hate questing, I just said that I hate how many long pointless quests there are. I think that the whole story line of all these worlds is great, but the quests inside are not. It's always go collect this and go defeat that. I don't mind the battles as much because they are fun. The really annoying part is how predictable they all are. It never ends with what the NPC gives you. There is always another quest starting out with, "Oh but you're not done yet," or "I need more supplies," or something like that. This just bugs me.