Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

real names?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
when you make a new wizard i see weird names like keller um is that even a name who names there kid keller so put names real names in that wizard creater and dont get me started on the blue and green hair

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Maxo123456789 wrote:
when you make a new wizard i see weird names like keller um is that even a name who names there kid keller so put names real names in that wizard creater and dont get me started on the blue and green hair
All of the name options are real names, its just that not all of them are the most common names in the book. If you don't believe me, at least I can say that there are still plenty of "real" names such as Blake, Arthur, David, Alexis, Brianna, Jasmine, etc.

In response to the unnatural hair colors, they are likely available in the real world. Ever heard of hair dyes? I've seen a girl at school with unnaturally red, purple, or blue hair, so why not include dyed colors in Wizard101?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Maxo123456789 wrote:

All of the names are real names.
The hair color options are also available in 'real' life.

This is a game you know... relax and have some FUN

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Lol
Ok so, we can cast magical spells, summon mythical beings, fly around on brooms, interact with talking animal NPCs, create living gardens, and teleport.. but you draw the line at blue and green hair..?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Maxo123456789 wrote:

This is a fantasy game/world... Those names may be from other cultures, uncommon, or just plain made-up; just because you aren't familiar with them doesn't make them any less "real" than names like Sarah or Fred.

In fact, three of my favourite names are Sestiva, Iridian, and Valerian... three names I'd never heard of, until I started playing this game, and that I think are beautiful/suit my wizards perfectly. Would I call a future son or daughter one of those? The answer is yes~ all three would definitely be up for consideration. ;)

I hope that you'll eventually learn to accept all residents of the Great Spiral, regardless of label/appearance. And, even if you don't, there are others who will.

Warmly,

Sestiva (the purple-haired diviner),
Iridian (the blue-haired conjurer),
& Tavia (the green-haired theurgist)

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
loki1201, I love your reply post, thanks for the laugh. I love the colored hair and the wonderful names - I wish I could really have the last name of Thundergrove- how cool is that! It does seem appropriate though for a person flying around on a three headed beast to have a name that is more expressive and fun than Daniel Thomas or something we we name our children in the "real" world. I am having a great time and love the names of my wizards.

Sairai Thundergrove, Fire Wizard
Breken Thundergrove, Ice Wizard

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Defender
Nov 05, 2011
I think it's kinda creative how ki have used odd names in the game because it gives the game a sense of abnormality (if that's a word) which I quite love.

Jazzy

Defender
May 21, 2011
.......... You might be joking.... right?
I cannot believe you are playing a FANTASY wizard game, and complaining about what you call "unnormal" names and "unnatural" hair colours. (those are unnatural hair colours, although they are normal.) If you really think this, what do you call "normal" Seriously, loads of people have red hair, or blue or green or any of this, I am surprized they dont have pink.

~taylor Skywalker
~Taylor Firewalker (red hair)
~taylor icewalker
~Sydney Pixie
~Sydney

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
sydneypixie wrote:
.......... You might be joking.... right?
I cannot believe you are playing a FANTASY wizard game, and complaining about what you call "unnormal" names and "unnatural" hair colours. (those are unnatural hair colours, although they are normal.) If you really think this, what do you call "normal" Seriously, loads of people have red hair, or blue or green or any of this, I am surprized they dont have pink.

~taylor Skywalker
~Taylor Firewalker (red hair)
~taylor icewalker
~Sydney Pixie
~Sydney
i now red hair is a natral hair color

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Defender
May 21, 2011
sorry i didnt mention this before, there is no such thing as a "normal name" i could call my kid normal if i wanted too, it would still be a name.

Community Leader
animalgirl148 wrote:
I would so name my kid Keller. :D

One famous Keller comes to mind Helen Keller. Keller would be a great first name.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Maxo123456789 wrote:
animalgirl148 wrote:
I would so name my kid Keller. :D
you do that

And why not? As we said, it is a "real" name:
Origin and meaning of the name Keller
Origin: Gaelic
Meaning: Companion

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Maxo123456789 wrote:
Bad idea. Our Wizards are our alter egos, our avatars, not us as humans. We are supposed to be creative making our Wizards. And it would be easier for "Bad People" to find someone if they used their real names.