Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changing your appearance.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
When new wizards start wizard101, they have to pick their appearance. Like hair, face etc. So I am opening up a petition to allow us to change our appearance!
Some wizards who played for a long time on wizard101 will get bored of their appearance and want to change it. I am thinking of putting this ability to be able to change your appearance in the dye shop/crown shop!
Please comment if you would pay crowns or gold and how much! Thx! :D

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
This topic has come up so many times under different names but I will give you a link to KI's answer to this.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28837.ftl

This can be found under the Headmaster Announcements and the author is Prospector Zeke.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
As much as I would love to change the appearance of my wizards, I understand KI's response to this request, as it has been addressed numerous times in multiple areas. We are identified by how we look AND our names.

Although I agree that if I made a wizard with purple hair and red eyes with a scowl face as my first wizard (not really, just example) I would like the ability to alter that appearance.

What I do believe should be added, is a dialog box when creating a wizard, noting that the appearance of your wizard is permanent for the life of that wizard and cannot be changed. :-) Give us a moment to think about what we are creating lol.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
ksps98 wrote:
As much as I would love to change the appearance of my wizards, I understand KI's response to this request, as it has been addressed numerous times in multiple areas. We are identified by how we look AND our names.

Although I agree that if I made a wizard with purple hair and red eyes with a scowl face as my first wizard (not really, just example) I would like the ability to alter that appearance.

What I do believe should be added, is a dialog box when creating a wizard, noting that the appearance of your wizard is permanent for the life of that wizard and cannot be changed. :-) Give us a moment to think about what we are creating lol.

Ok, But, I made my character a long long time ago! I gave her pig tails that are purple, and I hate it! I always wear a hood now. It's too girly girl.
Before I thought it was cute, but you change over time, so, you start to hate your hair
So, i need to change it! Her hair is very embarrassing! So please! Let me change her hair! :(

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
@Skoogle12, since I have already given you the link to KI's reply to this issue, the only 2 things you can do is:

1. Continue to wear head gear that will keep her hair covered.

2. Delete that wizard and start over.

KI has reasons for not letting players make these kind of changes once the wizard has been created. The original creation is what IDENTIFIES your wizard all the way through the game.

If you were allowed to make the changes, somewhere down the line you may have a problem with that wizard and KI would not be able to find it after the changes were made or the data for that particular wizard may become corrupted and you would lose it altogether.

Corrupted files have a tendancy to create other problems and spread throughout an entire system sooner or later causing a major crash. Think of the implications this would cause if 25 million players in the same game decided to change the appearance of their wizards.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
i REALLY need to change my hair...its pretty embarrassing Not the color, just the hair. I always want to wear hoods....yet the hoods look cool. XD

Defender
May 15, 2010
Well, waterworks gear is considered the best gear in the game. It covers your hair.