Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-15-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's getting truly warm and toasty around here, and it's just the way I like it! Before we get to go outside and enjoy the sun and extra daylight around here, I definitely wanted to make sure and put up a new Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's go back to quest discussions, and this time focus on Marleybone and MooShu. What is your FAVORITE quest in either of these worlds, and your LEAST FAVORITE quest, and why?

Looking forward to seeing these, the information about Wizard City and MooShu was very interesting indeed! Have a awesome-tastic weekend all!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
To be honest Falmea, its hard to go back to something that happened a long time ago, but a quest that i liked from Marleybone was probably Big Ben, cause you know it was a good challenge for me. In MooShu however, i think my favorite one(s) was proabably the oni ones, they were so much fun and quite the challenge (did i mention i like challenges? lol). Back to Marleybone, my least favorite quest was Katzenstiens Lab (hoped i spelled it right) because i got no help there until a couple of months after. Back to Mooshu lol i think my least favorite one was the crimson fields, it was soooo boring there and it was too easy. well thats my feedback see you in the spiral.

TristanDarkBlade Archmage Ice

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Marleybone and Mooshu... my least favourite worlds, and with good reason. You've officially stumped me, Professor, but I'll give it a shot anyway...

Mooshu

Favourite quest: Mika Skarka! Everyone else says he's hard, but my sorcerer took him down quite easily and enjoyed it.

Least favourite: To paraphrase another post I saw one time, the Cave of Solitude is only memorable in the sense that it's unbearably awful.

Marleybone

Favourite quest: I honestly don't think I have a favourite. But, if I /had/ to pick one, it would be Dr. Von's Lab, since my lower-level wizards got some good drops from him.

Least favourite: Spiral Geographic. Oh, my lord... I would rather do anything else, including craft stuff, than ever repeat that instance. Even at level 80, Gloomthorn killed me about 12 times... Lame.

My second-least favourite quest is anything that requires a sidewalk, since there aren't any.

Oh well,
El Veeb

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
My favorite quest in Marleybone would be to chase Meowiarty and fight the Agony Wraith because you have several encounters with Meowiarty and you get to fight a wraith again besides Lord Nightshade. The least favorite is Kingston Park henchmen because they have a lot of health. My favorite quest in Mooshu is to beat Tumagava The Evil because I think Wraiths are pretty cool. My least favorite quest is to collect black lotus for the crafting quest. Oh and Professor Falmea on the second to last sentence where you said the information about Wizard City is interesting it was the information about Wizard City and Krokotopia

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
Professor Falmea wrote:
It's getting truly warm and toasty around here, and it's just the way I like it! Before we get to go outside and enjoy the sun and extra daylight around here, I definitely wanted to make sure and put up a new Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's go back to quest discussions, and this time focus on Marleybone and MooShu. What is your FAVORITE quest in either of these worlds, and your LEAST FAVORITE quest, and why?

Looking forward to seeing these, the information about Wizard City and MooShu was very interesting indeed! Have a awesome-tastic weekend all!
I used alot of crowns and i got nothing i was so counting on a hydra :( are storms suposesed to not get hydras and stuff? please answer to this question

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
The "proper" ladies of Marleybone drove me nuts, chasing back and forth after their purses and scarves and jewelry. But the absolute worst was Abigail Doolittle waiting until just after I finished Ironworks to send me back into in on yet another silly errand.

As for Mooshu, the series of side quests with Mossback, Wavebringer and Oakheart were especially tricky - but well worth it in the end. It felt great helping restore all those nature spirits, like I was really making a difference in their world.

- Sierra Starsong, Archmage Thaumaturge

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Well, I'm not very fond of Marleybone so I wouldn't say I have any 'favorite' quests but I'd have to say my least favorite quest was the Big Ben tower. It literally sucked the life out of me. By the time I was done my eyes were swollen and I was extremely annoyed. I didn't even go online for more than a week. I am not looking forward to bringing my Sorceress there...

On the other hand, my favorite quest for Mooshu was a battle with one of the Onis where I had to go into this area where the setting was like a dream world. I remember it was a purplish color all around and the Oni and I were standing on this rock which was the only thing you could really stand on. I apologize for making this confusing for you guys. I don't remember which Oni this was or what the name of the place was. My least favorite quest(s) for Mooshu are all the Oni quests except for the one I stated above. I loathed the Dungeon with Wavebringer.. and the last battle with the Jade Oni was very obnoxious as well.

Well there you have it Professor Falmea and happy questing to everyone!

~*Kayla*~ Legendary Diviner, lvl 68

~*Kiley Dreamer*~ Adept Sorceress, lvl 22

~*Taylor Shadowwalker*~ Apprentice Necromancer, lvl 5

"True failure only occurs when one stops trying."

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
For MB I would say... Big Ben lol. I like defeating those bosses and killing that kitty. I sure pwned him For Mooshu I liked doing Tree Of Life. It is really pretty and there is a secret boss but I dont wanna spoil the surprise x giggles x

*Off Topic* Yes I havent posted in a long time Falmea and havent been posting in your Feedback Fridays but I am back now!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I liked the quest in marleybone where abagail doolittle sent you to collect the crates in the ironworks. very interesting to go into a dungeon to pick up a quest item not in the dungeons story, but not from monsters, which leads me to my least favorite.

My least favorite quest is probably the quest you get from oakheart in the tree of life. the low drop rate of the quest items has probably forced many quite unlucky wizards to restart the dungeon, since monsters in dungeons dont respawn after defeat, and the fact that everything for the quest is on the far side of the zone only makes it more inconvenient. If you want a way to fix this now that i've told you, why not make the drop rate 100%

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
My favorite quest from mooshu was the tree of life quest. And my least favorite quest from marleybone was the quest for big ben, lol

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hmm. Quests, eh? Interesting question. I don't exactly have a least favorite quest. They are all pretty engaging. But a few interesting ones that stand out for me would be chasing Meowiarty around Newgate Prison and, well, the entire questline for Mooshu lol.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I think my favorite quest is the ones for the dragon's mouth cave, as that's such a cool-looking place.
For least favorite, probably the one involving fighting the death seraphs for 4 necromantic vigor.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

sry i was late for novice fire classes again XD ( just joking around)
hope this works for extra credit so here we go

when my older sister destiny iceflame ( i am roleplaying as if its my fire wizard talking and she is related to my legendary ice)
took me into mooshu and marelybone i got to do a couple find them quests with her for zeke
it was really fun ( oyster cult and those cats forgot there names)
but at same time it was hard and long nawh ( nn-aww) x sad like x
so i am neutral its my least favorite mb and ms quest but its also my fave cause i saved a couple lost creatures

so do i get a A+ for the extra credit ( again still roleplaying and joking around)

cya

from the Twin destiny of ice and fire

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
My favorite quest is the entire Drake Hatchery in DS. I just love reuniting Kimerith and Tomar. The entire story is beautiful.

Qbb

Community Leader

My all time favorite quest was Kensington Park- Marleybone.
As always my least favorite quests are the collect style quests. I know they are needed but I do dread them. I can never seem to get the items I need quickly and the quest becomes a chore.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
Professor Falmea wrote:

i think my favorite quest in marleybone was either big ben, or katzenstiens lab. my favorite for mooshu? Jade oni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. go fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wolf Silverspear
Master Pyromacer

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I did not care for Marleybone at all but the worst quest for me was Kensington Park Dungeon. WaterWorks is a walk in the park compared to Kensington park. I have only run 2 wizards through that dungeon but doubt that I will go there again.

My Favorite MB quest was Big Ben. It meant that I was finally finished with Marleybone and could leave it behind.

I liked Mooshu for the most part so I would have to say the Cave of Solitude was my least favorite. It is hard to pick a favorite but I have gone back to Mooshu several times and have done Crimson Fields a couple of times as well as Shiritaki Temple. Mooshu is a relaxing world to get lost in.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
sparksflygirl wrote:
Well, I'm not very fond of Marleybone so I wouldn't say I have any 'favorite' quests but I'd have to say my least favorite quest was the Big Ben tower. It literally sucked the life out of me. By the time I was done my eyes were swollen and I was extremely annoyed. I didn't even go online for more than a week. I am not looking forward to bringing my Sorceress there...

On the other hand, my favorite quest for Mooshu was a battle with one of the Onis where I had to go into this area where the setting was like a dream world. I remember it was a purplish color all around and the Oni and I were standing on this rock which was the only thing you could really stand on. I apologize for making this confusing for you guys. I don't remember which Oni this was or what the name of the place was. My least favorite quest(s) for Mooshu are all the Oni quests except for the one I stated above. I loathed the Dungeon with Wavebringer.. and the last battle with the Jade Oni was very obnoxious as well.

Well there you have it Professor Falmea and happy questing to everyone!

~*Kayla*~ Legendary Diviner, lvl 68

~*Kiley Dreamer*~ Adept Sorceress, lvl 22

~*Taylor Shadowwalker*~ Apprentice Necromancer, lvl 5

"True failure only occurs when one stops trying."
nice quote

Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
Hello Professor Falmea! I love the topic for this Friday.

If I were to say my favorite quest in Marleybone it would probably be ..... Katzenstein's lab. I got an awesome pet drop there, and it was really fun. My least favorite quest in Marleybone would be Big Ben. It takes really long to do it, and its tiring and it seems like it never ends.

My favorite quest in Mooshu would have to be fighting the Jade Oni. It was pretty easy and fun to bring the emperor back to his original state. My least favorite quest in Mooshu was probably Crimson Fields. It's boring and it's not that interesting.

Administrator
My, my, there are certainly some polarized opinions on Marleybone, aren't there! ::grin:: Thanks, as always, for your honest and constructive feedback, I'll share this with the team.

codastar wrote:
*Off Topic* Yes I havent posted in a long time Falmea and havent been posting in your Feedback Fridays but I am back now!

Welcome back!!

grvy123 wrote:

so do i get a A+ for the extra credit

It's a good start. Bring some snickerdoodles by the office and perhaps we can call it square. ::grin::

New Feedback Friday up in moments!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea