Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PLS PLS PLS Sunstone reagent

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2009
Can you guys at Wizard 101 please make the sunstone reagent and the sandstone reagent easier to harvest. As of right now the sandstone can only be found in the Savanah and Stone Town in Zafaria. I dont want to spend hours and hours tediously searching for sandstone and stone blocks (stone blocks are fine) through Stone Town, and I am sure everyone hates having the clicking battle at the bazzar whenever a sunstone or sandstone pops up. So could you please please please fix this conundrum and put those sandstones and sunstones in the BAZZAR! :(

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I just completed a craft that required this elusive sunstone, with out access to Zafaria it was compounded, finally I had higher level wizard I could port to go there and I marked for several days of gathering the 2 sandstone in Stone Town. I had to buy a transmute from stone block to sandstone and a transmute from sandstone to sunstone just so I could process a bit faster then I was able to collect/buy some. With one sunstone left needed by the end of the 2 weeks, I worked many hours on this, I stood in the Bazaar, repeatedly refreshed the list and I bought it from for 3,500 gold.

Needless to say my wizard is broke after all this but has the Wintertusk helmet and robe crafted which again took days because of cool downs in between. Mainly I don't feel like I have accomplished something great, I feel like I missed 2 weeks of the game.

Crafting for me went from something I actually liked to do to a huge annoyance. On my first wizard crafting was not really the "thing" to do, more items could be purchased at the Bazaar for a lot less but will admit I collected most. Now it seems as more are doing it to either obtain better gear or spells it has become a headache for me to complete. Over lapping of same items for different crafts or making more then 1 item in the ingredients rare add to the problem. Not bringing up the amounts of those rare itemsvc you need.

My biggest issue way back then seemed to be those darn Black Lotus - now they are in so many places you have no problem collecting hundreds of them with a bonus of black pearls thrown in.

My current plan now is - over our 3 accounts - have one wizard on each that can craft and skip it altogether for all the other wizards. I do not intend on crafting any spells offered. That entire spell from pack or drop or craft does not fit into the way I think wizards should have went so have decided not to do anything to get these spells.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
You guys need to pay attention to the bazzaar. Just a couple days ago I sold over 200 Sunstone (harvested from gardening Evil Magma Peas). While it did go fast, I have seen it there nearly every day when I have sold other gardening drops.

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
Dragog8 wrote:
Can you guys at Wizard 101 please make the sunstone reagent and the sandstone reagent easier to harvest. As of right now the sandstone can only be found in the Savanah and Stone Town in Zafaria. I dont want to spend hours and hours tediously searching for sandstone and stone blocks (stone blocks are fine) through Stone Town, and I am sure everyone hates having the clicking battle at the bazzar whenever a sunstone or sandstone pops up. So could you please please please fix this conundrum and put those sandstones and sunstones in the BAZZAR! :(

Well Thunderfin in Stormriven drops both Sandstone and Sunstone quite regularly for me, and in the process of farming him for the reagents, you would also gain clothing to sell for more gold.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
TamelaD wrote:
You guys need to pay attention to the bazzaar. Just a couple days ago I sold over 200 Sunstone (harvested from gardening Evil Magma Peas). While it did go fast, I have seen it there nearly every day when I have sold other gardening drops.

Ok, I understand that you may put 200 sunstones into the bazzaar and trust me, I check every 5 minutes, but whenever I see the 50 (extremley rare) sunstones and I put the thing to buy 50 sunstones it says that the item is already sold. Obviously when that happens there is a huge demand for the sunstone and it is overly hard to get.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
A part of crafting is patience and planning, can it be frustrating and repetitive, absolutely. While it would be convienent for more sandstone and sunstone it is not needed, it is not quick to get but easy enough betweenbetween harvesting, transmuting, gardening, and bazaar. If you got frustrated with those two, just wait until the next update comes out, it'll probably have you bouncing off the walls, despite the amusement factor. Part of crafting is the challenge if you don't like it don't do it.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Sunstone isnt that rare. Heck, I have 85 sunstone and 115 sandstone! Plus with DHEs (Deadly Helephant Ears) you have a chance of getting sunstone every harvest!

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Thanks everyone for the comments and stuff it took me forever but i am finally a legendary artisan! :P

Defender
May 30, 2010
i have about 10 or so sunstones i can put onein the bazaar just let me know when you be on what day realm etc and i will add the sunstones for.
you.
FWI you can get sunstones by harvesting venus fly traps and and other plants as a possible reward.
Autumn dayfriend life
Autumn dayfriend death
autumn storm
autumn wintermask myth
jasmine dragonrider balance
all th above except myth is lvl 70 or above