Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

jotun the grendel

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
i need help with Jotun the grendel, he has a ton of health points, and so does his brothers, does anyone know how to defeat them? Please i really need help. And if you cant tell me this, then sorry for bothering you.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Jotun and his brothers can be a tough. Don't fight them all together at once.

When you go into the 'realm', there are three doors when you get there.

In the right door/dungeon, you have to do some serious mob fighting till you fight one of the brothers.

In the far left door/dungeon, not as much fighting to get to the second brother, but it's a maze to get to him.

After you defeat the two brothers, THEN go through the middle door/dungeon. Then, all that's left is Jotun and one minion.

Once he is defeated, then you will have access to Ravenscar.

My best advice: Do what you can to level up in Grizzleheim, or other worlds. The higher the level you are, the better gear you will get/buy, the easier it will be to defeat Jotun.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
My best advice is
1.never do it solo if you are vs all his 4 brothers

2.have a good team

3.pack shields or fortifies

4.have Great Defense

5.forget 1-4 and do the dungeons next to them 8)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Noah43229 wrote:
i need help with Jotun the grendel, he has a ton of health points, and so does his brothers, does anyone know how to defeat them? Please i really need help. And if you cant tell me this, then sorry for bothering you.

Since Jotun has no cheats, and I don't know what school you are, I can't give you the info you're looking for. That said, if you're under level 50, you /will/ need to take friends with you~ if you have an account on w101 Central (I am lauravblack and El Veeb there), just shoot me a quick message and we can make plans to meet up in game. I'll be happy to help you. :)

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
archmage sorceress

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
QueQueg wrote:

In the right door/dungeon, you have to do some serious mob fighting till you fight one of the brothers.

In the far left door/dungeon, not as much fighting to get to the second brother, but it's a maze to get to him.

After you defeat the two brothers, THEN go through the middle door/dungeon. Then, all that's left is Jotun and one minion.

My best advice: Do what you can to level up in Grizzleheim, or other worlds. The higher the level you are, the better gear you will get/buy, the easier it will be to defeat Jotun.

I agree completely with this strategy; it's one I've used myself since I have soloed this each time.
Jotun can be done alone, it just takes planning and patience. :)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
QueQueg wrote:

I agree completely with this strategy; it's one I've used myself since I have soloed this each time.
Jotun can be done alone, it just takes planning and patience. :)

Just don't let someone jump on the pad with you when you go in it resets the entire thing on you. I soloed all with my life wizard and being noob did not know this would happen, ended up fighting all anyway. Was ok though we did win.

Defender
May 19, 2012
I had no idea you could fight them separately, and I went solo. I just bought three henchmen, an ice, life, and balance wizard and I kept wondering the whole fight, how could four regular wizards like myself take on these four high level monsters at once. Myself and three level 80 henchmen took them down, but it was a real battle to do so.

I would have said the balance wizard was a waste of money though, because he did not attack even once...but he did throw out a lot of blades to boost damage, so he wasn't a total waste. I decided to hire storm from now on instead of balance, if/when I need that many henchmen at once. I love the ice wizard because he holds agro so well, but he definitely needed the life wizard to keep him up. The life wizard attacked the most out of the three, but he did a great job keeping us all up as well.

One thing I like about hiring the henchmen, is that it still requires some very active participation from you, the player, in order to succeed. It's not just a cake walk. The henchmen don't attack often, and it seems most of their attacks take place after you launch an attack. I only hire them for major boss fights, and only if there's no one else around wanting to do that battle. Generally I just hire the ice henchman, but there are a few battles, such as Jotun, in which I did need to hire more than one.

Explorer
May 07, 2011
I have no clue how this happened, but when I did this, I did it with only two level 50 ice wizards. I think we just kept swapping with taunt so the other person could heal.

Defender
May 22, 2011
Noah43229 wrote:

yes get three other people to enter with you. my friend had two other people with her and then called for me. if some one gets defeated make sure they have a friend in the battle so they can flee, heal, then come back using that friend.