Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glitches with mouse cursor disappearing

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 19, 2012
This has happened on a number of occasions now, and the only way to fix it is to completely close out the game and log back in again. This is a real problem, especially when you're running a dungeon, as all your saved progress is lost when you log out of the game while in a dungeon.

My pointer completely vanishes, but the game still acts as if it's there. It's a real pain to be able to make selections when it's vanished, but it is possible. I can select a spell during combat because the spells light up when the cursor is over them, but I can't tell when the pointer is on a monster or somewhere else on the screen, so selecting a spell does no good since I can't apply it.

What would cause this to happen? There has to be a way for you to fix it, because it makes game play extremely disappointing when you work so hard only to lose all your progress because suddenly the cursor vanishes. It seems to happen most often in boss fights.

It happened yesterday when I was on my storm wizard, doing her spell quest on Mooshu. I don't know how, but I managed to log out and back in again without the dungeon resetting. I would have been screaming mad to have done all the work I did and then lose all that progress, as she was almost done with the quest when it happened.

Today I had just entered a dungeon on my balance wizard and gone into a boss fight immediately, so there was no progress to lose, but it's still quite annoying to have to quit the game while in combat. I can't recall what I was doing the other times it happened, but more often than not, I know I was in a boss fight when it happened.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have had the same thing happening for a while now, but usually when I am running 2 accounts at the same time. Until the problem is fixed, which may also be just a matter of updating some of your drivers, especially graphics.

What I do is move the cursor to the top of the window above the spell I want and slide down to it. Once you land on the spell you want you can cast it normally.

Defender
May 19, 2012
It happened yet once again to me. This is a brand new computer with an awesome graphics card. I'm running windows 7 with 1.7 TB of free space on the hard drive and 8 GB RAM, and an AMD Radeon HD 6850 graphics card.

I have no problem selecting the spell. The problem is, I can't select the monster I want to cast the spell on, since they don't highlight when you're over them and you can't tell where the cursor is at on the screen.

I am quite positive the issue is with the game and not my computer.

Administrator
This is why we ask people for their DXDIAG - it helps us diagnose these issues. Without it, we can't really assist you.

Our support team can help you but you need to contact us at support@wizard101.com - and when you contact support, please ensure that you give us:
->the account name
->the character name
->your dxdiag file
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 19, 2012
Thank you, Professor Greyrose, I will go do that right now.