Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

should pvp be able to enslave pve

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
i have been reading post from lion and all his so called facts(if they are facts that is) point to one thing. what they say is pvp should enslave pve. this game was made without pvp and it grew and joe refuses to see that. how much more powerful can we get before pvp players are finding a problem with everything. people right now are looking at the present but i am thinking ahead and about the inediable of us gaining spells that just murder. and why is it the inediable? because im pretty sure everyone who has been to avalon has seen the enemy hp plus there pip raiting critical raiting and block raiting. it will only increase thus making us need spells with higher attack and i may be wrong but i think ki didnt make a rank 10 spell because we werent gaining hp fast enough that could handle the higher attack moves. and why would they do that? to make sure the pvp crowd didnt go balistic and make them nerf the new spells. to make sure joe doesnt say i am saying that pvp should no longer exist i will say that pvp is a great edition to the game and it has brang in extra money and i am not against pvp in any way and joe you and any pvper can say anything you want on the forums. but this game is not call of duty. i cant think of any game that has such a huge storyline as this game does. joe this is one game that isint completely about pvp. if anyone feels like posting go ahead i would like to hear from you all

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
Defender
Aug 07, 2010

i have been reading post from lion and all his so called facts(if they are facts that is) point to one thing. what they say is pvp should enslave pve. this game was made without pvp and it grew and joe refuses to see that. how much more powerful can we get before pvp players are finding a problem with everything. people right now are looking at the present but i am thinking ahead and about the inediable of us gaining spells that just murder. and why is it the inediable? because im pretty sure everyone who has been to avalon has seen the enemy hp plus there pip raiting critical raiting and block raiting. it will only increase thus making us need spells with higher attack and i may be wrong but i think ki didnt make a rank 10 spell because we werent gaining hp fast enough that could handle the higher attack moves. and why would they do that? to make sure the pvp crowd didnt go balistic and make them nerf the new spells. to make sure joe doesnt say i am saying that pvp should no longer exist i will say that pvp is a great edition to the game and it has brang in extra money and i am not against pvp in any way and joe you and any pvper can say anything you want on the forums. but this game is not call of duty. i cant think of any game that has such a huge storyline as this game does. joe this is one game that isint completely about pvp. if anyone feels like posting go ahead i would like to hear from you all

gweedoboy - I have been reading the other posts on this type of issue and I see both sides. While no spell is overpowered and no school should complain in pve some do become a problem in pvp. I don't agree with nerfing of spells and do not like how the pvp community is above the the pve community. When people go through pve they receive brand new spells and where is the first place they go to try them out? Pvp! (or at least that has been the case with me) When you take certain spells from different schools and have them face each other some that does not mean that they will be "balanced" in pvp. This was a good quote for the other article.

mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
i to agree with both of you megan and dragon. pvp is gaining to much power. some of the spells i see now i suspect were meant for pvp not pve(detonate for example). when pvp was intruduced the game was balanced between pve and pvp quite well but when celestia came to scales started tipping in pvps favor(2 pip wand didint make it into live game as example

It is. I am starting to see KI trying to balance the game. Unfortunately for PvE players that means we are losing tools we need.

Gear issues have also come on to my radar. When our spells go to PvP they get used with the top gear. That makes our nice spells way way stronger and OP there. In WC-DS good gear was readily available to everyone through the Bazaar. There wasn't a whole lot of difference between top Level 48 gear and Malistaire's Robe. Now that isn't the case. The best gear has to farmed or crafted. That makes it unavailable to those who don't like to or can't craft or farm.

I am starting to understand the PvP side. It makes me very conflicted. What works for us doesn't work for them. What works for them makes us weaker. So KI balancing the game makes PvP look more important. When actually game balance is what is important. I am sure this makes me look like a "sympathizer". I just think I finally see the big picture. It doesn't make me happy, I want it all. I see this going on in the future too.

My hope is we all can quit be nasty to each other. Surely we can agree to disagree with respect. I don't like being treated condescendingly and with disrespect by anyone. Both sides have very intelligent people on then. I am worried because great people like QBB are getting angry and frustrated. She is one of the kindest folks here.

I wish KI would address this. I think understanding why they did what they did would help us all.

Megan

I feel like Megan is dead on. What works for pve does not work for pvp and what does work for them negatively impacts the pve community and makes them weaker. Is there a way to solve this? I am not sure. Hardcore pvp people have the best gear, pets, wands, ect and that can make spells seem way to over powered and the people come here to complain. Which directly negatively impacts the game and pve suffers as a result.The gap that divides pvp and pve is huge, and has got to be decreased. My only real idea is something I saw on a previous posted solution. You do this by making newer spells into two categories as we lvl up.

For instance if the lvl cap was raised to lvl 90 then there would be 2 additions of spells those for pvp and those for pve. (maybe make the pvp allowed to be used in pve as well so people wouldn't complain about not being able to use a spell just because they do not pvp) Then let the people complain about the pvp spells while pve spells would be final and not change (unless pve complained about it).

That would seem to be a way in the future to narrow that gap, and people would not have merit to complain one way or another. But it does not solve the current situation where spells have been nerfed or heal the wounds of the past.That is a whole other problem in which I have no ideas on how to solve because there really is no way to make amends.

Anyways let hit me back up on that idea. plz lol

Blake

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
I just wanted to say a few things I forgot in my last post lol

I feel not many people know that pve came long before pvp. Along with that, allot of people have joined since pvp was added. To them it has always been there for them and that may make them more inclined to complain about spells that affect it more. Which I can see them complaining about additions that might affect that aspect of the game, and why they believe PVP should decide PVE. But the fact is pve was there long before pvp. So pve should have a voice when it comes to nerfing spells. Right now it is pvp that is deciding how the game is going.That needs to change.

Pvp is not mandatory, and KI is not requiring that anyone do it at anytime. While pve is mandatory if you want to lvl up or gain new items, cards, ect. Also, there are so many flaws involved in pvp currently. How many times do you hear people are going to quit because of pvp or spells or gear? How many times do you hear of down ranking problems, puppet team problems, and the winner usually goes first?There is lots of luck that is now involved in pvp and people continue to argue about that as well. My point is, is pvp what really needs to be deciding the the outcome of the rest of the game for people that choose not to pvp? The rest of the people that are pve people who like the spells how they are before they get nerfed?

In my opinion it does not. I support the pve community on this issue. They need more say in the decisions that affect the majority rather than the few.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
bessler wrote:
Give it a rest already.

Well I believe that you should give your negativity a rest. He has a valid point, and there is no need to diminish it because you do not wish to hear it anymore. Maybe I wish to stop hearing the pvp complainers which lead to spells being nerfed?Maybe the pve community is tired of being put down and mistreated because of the actions of the pvp community? I believe that he should be heard and that his voice matters just as much as anyone elses. So he has a right to post his message on these boards. If you do not wish to see it then do not read it.

Blake

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
fx41001 wrote:
bessler wrote:
Give it a rest already.

Well I believe that you should give your negativity a rest. He has a valid point, and there is no need to diminish it because you do not wish to hear it anymore. Maybe I wish to stop hearing the pvp complainers which lead to spells being nerfed?Maybe the pve community is tired of being put down and mistreated because of the actions of the pvp community? I believe that he should be heard and that his voice matters just as much as anyone elses. So he has a right to post his message on these boards. If you do not wish to see it then do not read it.

Blake

Thanks for this series of posts and for standing up for @gweedoboy. It's nice to see people beginning to resonate with the need for civility in this clash of opinion. I, for one, appreciate the support you bring to the PvE community in this debate.

Happy Questing,

Qbb/Iridian

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Yes it is gaining way to much power and soon we will all be slaves of kingsisle's money making extreme pvper's. Kingsisle is refusing to do anything about it and we would at least like to know that people are actually listening to our complaints. The pvp community is not all bad and against everything, but some are, and enough are just so in love with pvp now that they never want it to change. So they are trying to have us be held back. No i dont think it will be overpowering, because any new spell that could cause something good to hppen to the PvE community and make it easier for us, is rejected by the pvp community. This isnt how it should be to have 1/4(took that from darthjt) of the community control everything for everyone else. Which is why they need to seperate the PvP communtity from the PvE community by any means necessary. They need to make some Gear and some spells individualy Exclusive to PvP and some Exclusive to PvE. Pets, hats robes shoes, rings wands athames all PvP only or PvE only.

Give it a rest already.

Why should the OP give it a rest? if you dont want to hear what they have to say, then dont read it, and certainly dont post about it

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
well after a week or so i honestly though this was one of those post that was gonna go without a single response. i am glad some people agree with me and bessler i am not sure if you know this but i made this subject when people were really arguing about this witch was about a week and a half ago or maybe 2 weeks. btw the reason i didnt respond is because i didnt see this subject come back up

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
fx41001 wrote:
bessler wrote:
Give it a rest already.

Blake

Thanks for this series of posts and for standing up for @gweedoboy. It's nice to see people beginning to resonate with the need for civility in this clash of opinion. I, for one, appreciate the support you bring to the PvE community in this debate.

Happy Questing,

Qbb/Iridian

No problem. I hate when people are put down just because they hold truth in what they say. Especially when others try to silence them because they do not wish to hear it. So I do try to stand up for people in those situations. But I must say that I appreciate you and others that have had the courage to post topics like this. Otherwise nothing would ever get done, and pvp would completely control the game. I do believe support is starting to follow and growing for the pve side as well. So as long as I can help, I will continue to try.

Blake

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
gweedoboy wrote:
well after a week or so i honestly though this was one of those post that was gonna go without a single response. i am glad some people agree with me and bessler i am not sure if you know this but i made this subject when people were really arguing about this witch was about a week and a half ago or maybe 2 weeks. btw the reason i didnt respond is because i didnt see this subject come back up

Nahhhh I couldn't let that happen could I? lol

I had just read the other post and instead of responding there I decided to post here instead. My feelings had been building up and I felt it was time to get it out. And say I support the pve community!

~Blake