Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Additional Member Feature

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
Hi guys, Jeff has decided to come back to the Dorms! And with me, I've brought another idea already! (Be sure to start seeing these pop up all over the place now!) I am also a year older and a year smarter, so these ones will be better than before!

So, the other day I was reading a post in the dorms about additional member-only stuff that could be in the game. This post included stuff such as member-only gear, and member-only realms (which aren't allowed to contain rude people). I found these ideas most likely not to be put in the game, because quite frankly, I think some of them would create too much work, and other stuff wouldn't be fair, worth it, or KingsIsle would lose money.

However, this got me thinking, IS there something that could be good for members only? Well, I think I have thought of something.

Currently, I think the character limit for in-game message is 80 (please correct me if I am wrong). But, what if it was increased for members? (Or possibly make it like the test realm so people who bought crowns in the last 30 days can get it too?)

I know that a lot of time when I am trying to right a sentence in the game, I have to spread it out over two or maybe even three posts. So, increasing it to 120 (50% more) might not be that bad, right? I know this will help me get a full sentence into one post at least 40% of the time or so when my post would normally have to go over. I know that a lot of my friends have the same "problem" when playing the game.

There aren't many difficulties created from the limited amount of characters, (taking a little longer time, maybe making your answer look different at first glance, and other minor things), but it would be nice if for members that the in-game posts could be a little longer.

DOWNSIDES: (These are for if it doesn't get implanted into the game, the people will most likely know why.)

- Having to possibly change all of the storing data setup, chatbox setup, and message box setup.

- It might take a lot more space to store individual messages.

- KingsIsle might think that for the work, this won't attract enough new customers or keep enough people playing the game.

- For the work, they could keep/attract MORE by doing something other than this, such as working on a new feature or world. (Even if it may get new customers and keep old ones, something else at the time might do it better for every hour of hour.)

-I will add more as I think of them.

(Also, keep in mind that only members

Please, if any of this seems confusing to you, please let me know in the comments section down below, and I will either edit the message or reply to you to let you know. I hope I made this clear enough for everyone to understand, and I want to know what you think of this, so please let me know.

For the admins/mods: I would also really like to know what you think. If this does or does not get put into the game, I would REALLY like to know what you think of this. Please tell me in the comments down below or e-Mail me what you think.