Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth and storm

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2010
I have a question: why does myth boost storm and storm boost myth? What does it means? It really makes no sense.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
supergreen824 wrote:
I have a question: why does myth boost storm and storm boost myth? What does it means? It really makes no sense.

Yes it does make sense; they are considered opposites.
You need to read up on each school.

Myth v Storm
Fire v Ice
Life v Death

Boosts to Balance from Life, Death and Myth.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Fire ice, life and death makes sense, but what does myth and storm logically have opposite though? In the game they are similar enouhg to be different, but in real life it makes no sense really .

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Storm = Tech, Evolution
Myth= Past, Ancient

The counter eachother like Fire and Ice

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
I think what you are asking is why they are opposing. I think it's because myth is more of traditional stories of fiction. Storm tries not to be traditional and wants to invent new things. Plus Storm is more reality based with inventions and everything.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Even though storm tends to draw near to technology and advancement, it's suppose to be an uncharted wild destructive force of nature. They never really said storm was technology related just diviners have invented curiousity.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
supergreen824 wrote:

myth settles on past and myths and are serious cant take a joke
storm doesnt rely on myths and the past and makes the future and diviners are the funny ones

see how they are different now

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I always took Storm vs Myth to be more like Water vs Earth.

Storm:
violent waves, conducts electricity well, often representing anger and strong emotions. Huge beasts like Stormzilla and Leviatan known for destruction and rage.

Earth:
Ground, animal life, and stoic in nature. Earthquake, Medusa that crawls out of a crack in the ground, Minotaur/Basalisk/Humungofrog, creatures of earth mythology.

Shoot, you can turn this into a thesis paper easily.

Devin Darksong – lvl 80 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 64 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
supergreen824 wrote:

myth settles on past and myths and are serious cant take a joke
storm doesnt rely on myths and the past and makes the future and diviners are the funny ones

see how they are different now

Hey, I'm Myth, and I CAN take a joke, and I'm serious when I'm supposed to be, but I LOVE to have fun! Don't let Cyrus Drake affect the way you think about Myths. And who told you that diviners are the funny ones? It just depends on what kind of person you are, not what school you're from or how your teacher is. But yes, Myth focuses on the past, and I guess Storm focuses on the future, though I never really thought of Storm that way...

--Sabrina Goldendust
Lvl 46 Conjurer who can most definitely take a joke