Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we make a minor accomodation?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I think we should change the Doom & Gloom spell to +35% to death attacks and drains. There is no point in it being -65% healing at all, since the monsters don't use healing spells.

Explorer
May 07, 2011
What level are you? Because I have seen enemies use sprite, I have seen a cheating boss use Rebirth. If you are only in like Marleybone or such, the enemy/boss won't use healing. But later on the bosses DO heal.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
The global spells are suppose to be complimented by their polar opposites, so unless life changes to damage, death will stay the same, and plus it's death second specialty. MY opinion, it would better to create a seperate global spell.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
bravevline wrote:
I think we should change the Doom & Gloom spell to +35% to death attacks and drains. There is no point in it being -65% healing at all, since the monsters don't use healing spells.

death is anti life
doom and gloom is anti healing while sancuary boosts healing
and drains go through absorbs that life has ( rebirth,spirit armor)

lets look at
fire vs ice
as another example why opposit schools deflect on eachother
fire dots chip out multiple shields of ice

must i say more

also i recomend a red ghost pet for you if ya want a death bubble that boosts attacks by i think 35%?

hope that helped

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
I completely agree with bravevline. I am an Archmage Necromancer and none of the monsters or bosses ever use heals. Sure, there is the occasional Sprite, but that doesn't actually heal much.

I don't use any of the Death spells that involve healing reduction like Infection, Mass Infection, or Doom and Gloom. These only really work in PvP and, since I don't PvP, they're completely useless.

Honestly, I think Necromancers need a bubble that actually benefits our attacks, not one that we will never need to use in PvE.

And, @BlueHighwind, I'm pretty sure the cheating boss you're talking about is Knuckles McCloud in the Spiral Geographic Warehouse. But, everyone knows he uses Rebirth, so you can stack Entangle. In addition, he only uses Rebirth if your team heals first. Therefore, if a Necro cast Doom and Gloom to slow down his Rebirth, the wizard's team would ALSO be affected by the healing nerf if they decided to use Rebirth.

In conclusion, yes. Doom and Gloom needs some changing.

- Valerian DarkBringer- Archmage Necromancer~ Legendary Artisan
- Duncan SandShard- Adept Sorcerer~ A+ Student