Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lvl 90 storm spell ( attack spell)

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
the new lvl 90 storm spell for the next level cap should be

GRAND WHALE!!! ( yes caps in the name its like GNOMEST!)

eff
removes all shields then does 2000 damage
it is also an aoe spell to

animation

entry simalier to the entrance of levy

then it spouts out a bunch of water hitting all enemies removing there shields then grand whale jumps out of the water and does head first dive into the water causing a tidal wave that hits each enemy for 2000 damage

pretty good huh let me know whatcha think ^-^

Explorer
May 07, 2011
eff

This is a very unbalanced spell. First off, this seems like you are saying that, if somebody had, say, a storm shield, you would take the shield away, and then do the full 2,000 damage, plus any boosts. Second, 2,000 damage is WAY too high. Third, even if this spell would go into the game, it would HAVE to be single target.

animation

then it spouts out a bunch of water hitting all enemies removing there shields then grand whale jumps out of the water and does head first dive into the water causing a tidal wave that hits each enemy for 2000 damage

So you are saying that it would do the whole leviathan moving through the water thing, do a water spout, and jump out and do a swan dive causing a tidal wave? To each opponent? Seems a bit repetitive. Overall, this spell is way unbalanced.

Defender
May 15, 2010
grvy123 wrote:

eff

animation

It's Gnomes!, actually. All spells are in caps. But they don't all have exclamation points. But, yeah, it looks a lot like Gnomest! I like the spell, and it sounds kind of funny: Grand Whale! It is a bit overpowered, however the enemies may be hard. But imagine: PvP, and you do 2,000 damage. It would make people mad and you know it. XD.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
grvy123 wrote:

eff

animation

Uh...no.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
It's over storm's standards of power, this spell would have to be at least rank 13 to be the slightess bit balanced, and even then it's too much. Sorry, the spiral is not ready for this yet.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
BlueHighwind wrote:
eff

This is a very unbalanced spell. First off, this seems like you are saying that, if somebody had, say, a storm shield, you would take the shield away, and then do the full 2,000 damage, plus any boosts. Second, 2,000 damage is WAY too high. Third, even if this spell would go into the game, it would HAVE to be single target.

animation

So you are saying that it would do the whole leviathan moving through the water thing, do a water spout, and jump out and do a swan dive causing a tidal wave? To each opponent? Seems a bit repetitive. Overall, this spell is way unbalanced.

well storm is a power school and storm shields and tower shields are a weakness we need to be able to get through that
remember storm is a power school and remember are sirens got a nerf stick i feel like this spell is a good present for storm wizards

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
jameson143 wrote:
grvy123 wrote:

eff

animation

It's Gnomes!, actually. All spells are in caps. But they don't all have exclamation points. But, yeah, it looks a lot like Gnomest! I like the spell, and it sounds kind of funny: Grand Whale! It is a bit overpowered, however the enemies may be hard. But imagine: PvP, and you do 2,000 damage. It would make people mad and you know it. XD.

its not overpowered its to make sirens seem like a little splash and this is to really show the power of storm
2000 damage is very good and its what storm needs

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
grvy123 wrote:

eff

animation

Uh...no.

advice would be appreciated saying uh... no doesnt help me see what ya think is wrong about it

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
AstroStorm wrote:
It's over storm's standards of power, this spell would have to be at least rank 13 to be the slightess bit balanced, and even then it's too much. Sorry, the spiral is not ready for this yet.

this isnt to much look at sirens it was nerfed sadly and storm has gotten nerf sticks a lot in this game

we need a present that wont get the nerf stick and i think this will put storm back at top

Explorer
May 07, 2011
we need a present that wont get the nerf stick and i think this will put storm back at top

This spell would get so many nerfs it wouldn't be funny. 2000 damage is WAY overpowered for a LEVEL 90 SPELL.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
@grvy123: I was thinking since the people before me already pointed out the serious faults in this spell, I'd save you the displeasure of reading my scathing review. However, if you want it, just remember you asked for it...

grvy123 wrote:

Hold it right there. A whale? Seriously? You've got to be kidding me. And of course the 'grand' somehow makes it Rank 10 worthy. By the way, it's Gnomes!, not Gnomest! (but for the record, I also thought it said Gnomest! the first time I read it), and all the spell names are in caps on the cards.

eff

What?

1. Removing all shields is a Myth ability.
2. Dealing 2000 damage would be a bit over the top if this was a single-attack spell. This is an AoE? Are you insane? This wouldn't just tip the balance of power scale; it would outright stomp it into the ground.

animation

Oh, boy. Here we go...

Recycling entrances? Eh.

Charms and wards are always removed after damage. It would be completely unfair to remove them beforehand. The animation is a carbon copy of Leviathan with an innocuous whale taking the nefarious water dragon's place.

pretty good huh

No. This spell is just all kinds of wrong. There is nothing worth redeeming; it's just not good from beginning to end. Back to the drawing board with you.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
grvy123 wrote:

eff

animation

if KI keeps raiseing the level cap level fifthtys will be call weak

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
ARE YOU INSANE!? If a spell like that was casted in Celestia, it would me an apocalypse of the spiral, all of the worlds would be flooded, and Ambrose would have you expelled from Raven wood.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
@grvy123: I was thinking since the people before me already pointed out the serious faults in this spell, I'd save you the displeasure of reading my scathing review. However, if you want it, just remember you asked for it...

grvy123 wrote:

Hold it right there. A whale? Seriously? You've got to be kidding me. And of course the 'grand' somehow makes it Rank 10 worthy. By the way, it's Gnomes!, not Gnomest! (but for the record, I also thought it said Gnomest! the first time I read it), and all the spell names are in caps on the cards.

eff

What?

1. Removing all shields is a Myth ability.
2. Dealing 2000 damage would be a bit over the top if this was a single-attack spell. This is an AoE? Are you insane? This wouldn't just tip the balance of power scale; it would outright stomp it into the ground.

animation

Oh, boy. Here we go...

Recycling entrances? Eh.

Charms and wards are always removed after damage. It would be completely unfair to remove them beforehand. The animation is a carbon copy of Leviathan with an innocuous whale taking the nefarious water dragon's place.

pretty good huh

No. This spell is just all kinds of wrong. There is nothing worth redeeming; it's just not good from beginning to end. Back to the drawing board with you.

this spell was meant to be a new spell to put storm back on top
also when i wrote "eff" its short for effect ( even though its short enough)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
this spell was meant to be a new spell to put storm back on top
also when i wrote "eff" its short for effect ( even though its short enough)

Well, it fails. Miserably. It's way too over the top and ruins what Storm attacks are supposed to be: controlled chaos. Also, Mermaids has been considered very useful by many of the Diviners I come across and I've seen it hit hard. I thought it was a huge mistake when I saw it, but apparently not. Also, was it really necessary to shorten 'effect'?

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa easy there! that's overpowered man!

first of all dont make it that much powerful make it like 900 or something and like destroy 2 or one blade which is like levy and first of all a swan dive? that would be funny and no i am not making fun of this maybe the spell should just be jumping in the water and eating fish or something i dont know and spots the enemy and whips it with a tail or spouts it with water i dont know if this is an idea for you just dont make it all overpowered ok if your planning to do this next time good luck and dont give up!

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
grvy123 wrote:

Please tell me you are not actually serious!!? This spell is utterly ridiculous, I mean just a big NO.

First: this kind of damage (even considering storm's high damage output) would apply to rank 15-16 spell and even then it would in no way be an aoe
-- i am not sure if you understand this but the logic of an aoe is that it does less damage (in comparison to single target spell of the same rank) because it hits all. Something most storm wizard so often fail to realize.

Second: this effect is exclusive to myth and ice. spells effects have to stay within the capabilities of their school.
-- the worst part of this is that you want it to remove shields then hit 2k? really? . i can't even bother to explain how ludicrous that is.

Third: Did you even consider balance between schools when designing this? your argument about "this spell [being] meant to be a new spell to put storm back on top" is complete garbage. storm is still on top. no one can out damage a proper storm.
-- this spell would not put storm on top but rather end this game. obviously everyone would be playing storm. there would be no challenge at all since a 2k damage spell coupled with the ever amazing damage boost of storm (which averages at 90%+ usually) would just make mobs seem worthless (average mob health as of recently is about 3.6k (projecting this in a new world would be somewhere around 4-4.2k) which is what this spell would do in its raw form). that's not even including blades or critical. Just think about it. this spell doesn't make sense at all. just no!

The nicest way possible i can say this is: i am mighty glad you don't work for KI lol.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
This is the most completely, totally overpowered spell I have seen since that ultimate Death spell thread (no offense towards either poster). It would one-hit kill most opponents with enchantments and Damage boost. We have plenty of good spells, we don't need an instant-victory one.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
grvy123 wrote:

it is also an aoe hits each enemy for 2000 damage

Oh ok, is that all?..

Hmm I dunno. Seems kinda weak to me.
How about this:
Grand Whale
Costs 1 pip to cast
Removes all shields from all opponents, and also removes all the shields in their decks
Does 6000 damage
Levels you up to 100 after it hits
And deposits 50,000 gold to your wizard.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
loki1201 wrote:
grvy123 wrote:

it is also an aoe hits each enemy for 2000 damage

Oh ok, is that all?..

Hmm I dunno. Seems kinda weak to me.
How about this:
Grand Whale
Costs 1 pip to cast
Removes all shields from all opponents, and also removes all the shields in their decks
Does 6000 damage
Levels you up to 100 after it hits
And deposits 50,000 gold to your wizard.

I love it!

As for the original poster to be honest maybe 1500 damage is more reasonable. For the people that say its overpowered: exactly thats the point

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
This is to over powered storm it does alot but not that mucth serilosly 2000!If this was a spell it would do 1350 ok and at least gets rid of 2 sheilds

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
What do you mean back on top. Storm never was and no school would be on top. They are all balanced.No school will ever get to the top.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
Ok this will go in if you put in spells like these as well. I don't have any names just what it deos.

Life: 1.5K damage to a single target heals all friends 1,000 hp and give a absorb shield that takes 200.

Myth: 1.6k damage to single target stuns all enemies and gives all wizards -20 damage to any spell.

Ice: 1.3k damage to single target and gives -50 shield to all attacks to all friends.

Fire: 500 damage + 1,000 damage to all enemies. Sry thats all I have.

Death: 1,050 to all enemies and always gives 500 health back per attack.

Balance: 1,300 to single target and gives the enemy -90 damage to any attack.

Hows that for unfair attacks. Sry about unbalanced stuff but thats how the whale was. If KI adds that whale then they should add these... when lvl 130 comes.