Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Equipment

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 07, 2011
An idea I came up with is pet equipment. It would take the form of a collar or something of the such, and provide a small boost to a pet's talent. For example, take the talent Spritely. Now, I belive that this talent gives a 10% chance for your pet to cast Sprite after a successful attack. Now, you could have a Healthy Collar, or something of the sort, that would make the chance 15%. Or, take the talent Pip O'Plenty. If your pet's Pip O'Plenty gives you an extra 5% power pip chance, maybe a Powerful Collar or something like that would tack on an extra 3% chance, for a total of an 8% chance. There could also be Derby related collars, like say, one that reduces the cooldown of X talent by 10s. The only drawback to these collars is that your pet could only use one at a time. I hope you will consider my idea, and please leave positive feedback.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Nice idea! Problem is that you are specifing talents. We need something like:
Collar of the west= + 5% accuracy/chance to all talents that involve pips
Collar of the forest= + 10% accuracy/chance to all talents that involve healing
Collar of power= + 7% accuracy/chance to all talents that involve spell casting(bladely or spritely)

Things like that. They are more general. Healing as in a boost of life spell accuracy. or healing spell cards BTW. Anyway I have been wondering when/if collars would come out.

The Ice master(or not)
Valdus Darkcaster

In all things there can be peace, yet there are always problems

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Explorer
May 07, 2011
cause we all know pets don't already cast spritely enough now

Well, it might not have to be just Sprite. If you take rest's example;

Collar of power= + 7% accuracy/chance to all talents that involve spell casting(bladely or spritely)

It could be universal. Also, if you don't want Spritely casted over and over, don't get it on your pet.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
This is a pretty good idea, but there just aren't exactly that many possibilities that can come out of this. Like increasing a talent stat or reducing a cooldown and basically the only things that can come out of this. Or it could just be a decoration for you pet, and maybe have rare ones to show off maybe

Explorer
May 07, 2011
To add on to my idea, maybe you could stitch the collar with a pet hat or something of the sort, and you could have a Kraken with a top hat.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
awesome idea, but i am not sure if all the pets are designed for a collar, some of them have no neck.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Steelhead1111 wrote:
awesome idea, but i am not sure if all the pets are designed for a collar, some of them have no neck.

Then those pets wear belts.

:P
Fixer,
Valdus Darkcaster

In all things there can be peace yet there are always problems

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
rest wrote:
Nice idea! Problem is that you are specifing talents. We need something like:
Collar of the west= + 5% accuracy/chance to all talents that involve pips
Collar of the forest= + 10% accuracy/chance to all talents that involve healing

Things like that. They are more general. Healing as in a boost of life spell accuracy. or healing spell cards BTW. Anyway I have been wondering when/if collars would come out.

The Ice master(or not)
Valdus Darkcaster

In all things there can be peace, yet there are always problems

Well, I think that heals are already casted enough.

However, power pip chance, damage, (please no resist, either), and possibly income/outhealth health, and pierce (if those become talent), would be nice to have slight inhancement on.