Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Astral school idea.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
Okay i know what you are thinking so just hear me out really quickly xD. I have had this idea for a while and well now that Avalon has been released a portion of this idea was put into the game. Same name and everything.

I was thinking about the comet school. It can be an ancient lost school. Can be said that like a comet running wild it has just disappeared and has gone until it was rediscovered.

Now as for the spells i was thinking all the spells have a school attached to them. I was thinking you start training in one that will do a basic damage over time for example: Death-Rot Life-Growth Fire-Scorch etc etc. These could be applied to a single foe and not a bad over exaggerated damage something small that could break shields and remove weaknesses. We then get a spell that goes hand in hand with it that explodes the DoT and applies massive damage to the player. The "detonate" spell essentially. I was kind of just throwing it around i have no numbers in mind or how much it would do.

I know what problems this kind of implies such as an astral spell that costs pips or how this takes away from some of the unique features others schools have. I just kind of want to know what you guys think.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
jah15 wrote:
Okay i know what you are thinking so just hear me out really quickly xD. I have had this idea for a while and well now that Avalon has been released a portion of this idea was put into the game. Same name and everything.

I was thinking about the comet school. It can be an ancient lost school. Can be said that like a comet running wild it has just disappeared and has gone until it was rediscovered.

Now as for the spells i was thinking all the spells have a school attached to them. I was thinking you start training in one that will do a basic damage over time for example: Death-Rot Life-Growth Fire-Scorch etc etc. These could be applied to a single foe and not a bad over exaggerated damage something small that could break shields and remove weaknesses. We then get a spell that goes hand in hand with it that explodes the DoT and applies massive damage to the player. The "detonate" spell essentially. I was kind of just throwing it around i have no numbers in mind or how much it would do.

I know what problems this kind of implies such as an astral spell that costs pips or how this takes away from some of the unique features others schools have. I just kind of want to know what you guys think.

this is really good man i just dont get why it would be an asteroid (comet)
and deal very much damage at least 1000 or myth and stuff

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
iissaaaacccc wrote:
jah15 wrote:

Well with triage or shift or any other spell that mess with damage over time landing the spells may be difficult. This is especially difficult if you are going second. I was saying comet because you could say something like "a comet zooms by and leaves us with its trail of fire behind". This sort of lingering effect being the damage over time all the schools would gain. By a lot of damage i mean in respect to the small amount I was thinking about. Probably only 150 over 3 rounds and in respect to the "detonation" it could be around 350-500 something small not too overpowered. Again i think this has more of a purpose for removing weakness or breaking throw shields.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
iissaaaacccc wrote:
jah15 wrote:

Dude an astroid dosent have a tail to it, it burns up in the Earth's atmosphere.(Dont say not to bring science into it XD) Anyway its a good idea... long as each spell has a tale to tell. ]

Idea Expander
Valdus Darkcaster

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
rest wrote:
iissaaaacccc wrote:
jah15 wrote:

Dude an astroid dosent have a tail to it, it burns up in the Earth's atmosphere.(Dont say not to bring science into it XD) Anyway its a good idea... long as each spell has a tale to tell. ]

Idea Expander
Valdus Darkcaster

Thats a good idea :D! The only problem is that maybe other wizards would find it a bit unfair , Maybe they wanted to study comet but they have already chosen sun ! Other than that, great Idea! I hope it gets considered :D!

Survivor
Apr 14, 2012
i think the "astral" school are good and all just the comet, eh.. i would pick it only if it was on a new world like a space world because if it filled the death school plot in ravenwood, you might say bye bye to myth or fire so maybe like a bionic school