Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too many Cheating Bosses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2012
Ever since Celestia and Wysteria, there have been too many cheating bosses in the game. Every dungeon I go into as a Legendary (Level 60), I have to expect cheating bosses. So many warnings, so many cheats, wouldn't it be great if they'd remove some cheaters and put in some "fair players". Although some are fun, i think they should remove cheats from bosses like Lyon Lorestriker, Ervin the Barbarian, Taurus the Clever, Estrakir Gloomthorn and so on. In the meantime, anyone agree or have any advice with cheating bosses?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
kingamebass wrote:
Ever since Celestia and Wysteria, there have been too many cheating bosses in the game. Every dungeon I go into as a Legendary (Level 60), I have to expect cheating bosses. So many warnings, so many cheats, wouldn't it be great if they'd remove some cheaters and put in some "fair players". Although some are fun, i think they should remove cheats from bosses like Lyon Lorestriker, Ervin the Barbarian, Taurus the Clever, Estrakir Gloomthorn and so on. In the meantime, anyone agree or have any advice with cheating bosses?

Holy flying goat-monks- I couldn't agree more!

If it's any consolation, most Avalon bosses are nowhere near as horrible- except the ones that cheat, but don't give the players any warnings or explanations as to what that cheat is or what triggers it.

I helped a friend with Spiral Geographic a while ago... Gloomthorn is a nightmare, even at level 80, and I would much rather sacrifice myself to the Helephant than ever go back in there. Speaking of, I got abandoned by my group in Lyon Lorestriker's tower and had to ditch the instance, for the simple fact that it /can't/ be soloed... I don't mind group-play, but different story when it's forced on us.

That said, bosses with cheats that require a clear-cut strategy (and don't take 6 hours to defeat) are fine. Jabberwock, for example, requires 4 roles: Heavy hitter, healer, dispeller, and buffer- I (a sorcerer) went in with another Balance wiz, a Life, and a Storm, and we put him out of his misery quite easily.

In general, though, I really hate cheating bosses... I'm a very casual (and relatively-inexperienced) gamer and don't have the time or patience to commit job-length hours to anything other than a job, for which I actually get paid to do (annoying/hard/repetitive) stuff.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
kingamebass wrote:

Holy flying goat-monks- I couldn't agree more!

If it's any consolation, most Avalon bosses are nowhere near as horrible- except the ones that cheat, but don't give the players any warnings or explanations as to what that cheat is or what triggers it.

I helped a friend with Spiral Geographic a while ago... Gloomthorn is a nightmare, even at level 80, and I would much rather sacrifice myself to the Helephant than ever go back in there. Speaking of, I got abandoned by my group in Lyon Lorestriker's tower and had to ditch the instance, for the simple fact that it /can't/ be soloed... I don't mind group-play, but different story when it's forced on us.

That said, bosses with cheats that require a clear-cut strategy (and don't take 6 hours to defeat) are fine. Jabberwock, for example, requires 4 roles: Heavy hitter, healer, dispeller, and buffer- I (a sorcerer) went in with another Balance wiz, a Life, and a Storm, and we put him out of his misery quite easily.

In general, though, I really hate cheating bosses... I'm a very casual (and relatively-inexperienced) gamer and don't have the time or patience to commit job-length hours to anything other than a job, for which I actually get paid to do (annoying/hard/repetitive) stuff.

some players are lazy and dont want to look up how to beat a certain cheater so they go there get blown to pieces ( been there against someone i didnt know would cheat but that only taught me)

every cheating boss has a weakness
find the weakness thats half the battle
putting it to work thats another half
winning well thats the entire cake

in avalon the jabawocky is a tough cheater but it suffers from a really huge weakness
wont say what the weakness but pay attention to the storyline for the hint
"after it breaths its fire strike hard!" now that seemed like fancy talk from the dark knight in avalon but it tells its weakness
fire= meteor coming at you
the rest of his weakness is up to you
one last thing watch for patterns and look up cheaters before ya fight them if ya know they cheat
if ya lose then look a guide up

cheating bosses have minimum difficulty if you follow guides

and always remember
if at first you dont succeed try try try again

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have to agree. I do know that some of the wizard community did ask for some of these kind of challenges and I was fine with it, BUT, it is starting to get out of hand.

1 or 2 cheating bosses is fine, but enough is enough. It is getting harder and harder to put a team together for many of these battles and dungeons. I have lost many friends in the game do to either too many changes or the economy.

What friends I do have left are rarely able to be on now when I am because of their schedules with jobs and a few other reasons. It is not easy to go into many of these battles with a team you don't know anything about and therefore have no idea what their fighting style is.

Most of us are aware of the groups that offer to help anyone that needs it. My main reason for not asking for help is that I can't guarantee a specific time frame. I have a 25 month old grandson that requires my attention and therefore, I play only when his needs are met or when a family member gives me a break. My husband is also a disabled Vietnam Vet and also requires my help for some things. Scheduling a team is not an option for me.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Well, each boss like that has a weakness:
Jabberwock: Puts on a 200% Universal Trap after casting Mega Meteor
Ptolemos: Removes Shield if you Blade
Estrakir Gloomthorn: Will remove Global Spells, remove them from your Spell Deck before battle.

They can be tough but a little bit of research, detective work, and tenacity can win you these battles!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Stupid me, I go into a dungeon without looking up a boss first. The other stupid thing I do? I do them all by myself.

I'm basically a soloist. Not that I choose to be, it's just that there isn't anyone of my 'friends' or others that are hanging out by the dungeon that I can go in with.

I love it when I can go in with people. It sure makes it easier to do. However, I always expect to do it solo, so when I go in with the cheating bosses, I usually get smacked once. When I go back in again, I have a better strategy and know what to expect. Besides, how else am I going to learn?

I've done all the dungeon bosses by myself at one time or another. The only one I've never been able to do solo, is the Tower of the Helephant on any of my wizards.

Persistence and strategy are the key.