Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Gear Isn't That Good Anymore

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 12, 2009
Since the new update the administrators changed the game a lot. Well when i logged on today, i was excited to see the new spells and changes, but my excitement was ruined when i saw that my brand new (just bought it last night!) Dragonspyre gear didnt give me as much health as it had the night i bought it. The gear i bought was

-Vestment of the Chill: now only gives: 230 health and 0 damage and 7 resist.

-Wolverine Helm: now only gives: 200 health and 0 damage and 6 resist

-Warded Footwear: stayed the same except doesnt make you damage go into the negatives.

My old gear from Mooshu pretty much gave more health than the Dragospyre gear, you can tell that the Vestment of the Chill gives less health than the Garments of the Triton. If you recently just bought the new Dragonspyre gear might as well not use it if you have the old gear, it gives more health, better damage, and better resist

Reply back if you have the same thoughts about the matter ;)

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
spunky13 wrote:
Since the new update the administrators changed the game a lot. Well when i logged on today, i was excited to see the new spells and changes, but my excitement was ruined when i saw that my brand new (just bought it last night!) Dragonspyre gear didnt give me as much health as it had the night i bought it. The gear i bought was

-Vestment of the Chill: now only gives: 230 health and 0 damage and 7 resist.

-Wolverine Helm: now only gives: 200 health and 0 damage and 6 resist

-Warded Footwear: stayed the same except doesnt make you damage go into the negatives.

My old gear from Mooshu pretty much gave more health than the Dragospyre gear, you can tell that the Vestment of the Chill gives less health than the Garments of the Triton. If you recently just bought the new Dragonspyre gear might as well not use it if you have the old gear, it gives more health, better damage, and better resist

Reply back if you have the same thoughts about the matter ;)

---------------------------------------

I agree. I hate it when I'm saving up gold to buy something, and then during a release they change the details of the item. I especially hate the negative attack - the further along we get in the game, the last thing we need is less attack!

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
same here but its now improved vestment of the chill- 335 or so wolverines helm-245 and and the shoes-192 they improved a little :-)

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
:( I totally agree. I had over 90,000 gold pieces saving up for a new robe and more equipment, but since going to Dragonspire I find that my old stuff from MooShu gives me more health, mana, and other good stuff than the stuff they sell in Dragonspire. I finally had to buy a property because I couldn't collect any more gold. I sure hope they change this because I'm tired of running around with a flag coming out of my back. LOL

Defender
May 06, 2009
I don't know maybe it is me, but I thought the gear you could buy with tons of gold was actually an improvement from the previous gear (basically it's zeke's gear but I buy it with gold not with crowns). NOW the gear that isn't a copy of zeke's gear is really bad, atleast when I looked at it I was just shaking my head going why o why would i buy that.

Anyways I ended up buying the zeke's gear with gold because I had hit the cap and already owned a castle and didn't really want a 2nd or 3rd castle. Heck now I am buying previous levels of zeke's gear for alts. I really do wish the cap for gold was more then 99,999! :(

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I agree as well. I bought a lot of the old gear when I first started as it provided a considerable boost over regularly dropped gear and seemed worth the cost of membership and crowns at the time.

Since it has been changed I feel like I no longer have what I purchased and honestly feel that had it been this way before I would have made do with what I got from drops. Yes they are still nice and yes I still use them but they just simply are not the same as what I bought. It is like selling someone a nice new shirt and then going into their house and replacing it with a pair of used underwear afterwards.

The other thing that gets me is being able to trade the clothing but not crown pets. It is okay for me to pass down crown clothing to new wizards so why not the pets? With the advent of school pets it is silly for me to use anything but that. So now my necromancer has a bank full of pets he will never use but that WERE useful at the time and COULD be useful to my new wizards.

It would be nice if I could hand down the pets as I do my clothing. A full set of Astral Clothing provides a much higher benefit than a storm hound, three cards plus stat bonuses versus one card that may not even be in your school. I just dont see a reason why they are not tradeable.

Please let us trade the pets we purchased with crowns and please dont change our items purchased with crowns without offering the possibility of a refund. Perhaps when changes are made the refund should be automatic and the previous items you purchased should be removed. If you then want the new version you are now able to purchase it.

Also I know I should have looked at things more before the purchase and if I have to pay for my ambition then I certainly understand where I made mistakes. I dont want it to seem as if these minor things have ruined my game experience as I still enjoy it very much and look forward to exploring the new world of Grizzleheim.

Defender
May 06, 2009
smilingbandit wrote:
Perhaps when changes are made the refund should be automatic and the previous items you purchased should be removed.

The problem with this is that some of the crown gear was bought with crowns and some was bought with gold, I am not sure how far back KI's records go but it would be A LOT of work for them to figure out which was bought how. Also since there is a CAP to the amount of gold you can have (99,999) just giving you gold isn't a good answer also because mostlikely you will loose some gold in the translation. I know for ME on my death wizard if the items were returned as gold I would exceed the cap, he is close to 70k gold again.

My wish aside from health and mana wisps should be in folks houses/castles I wish there was no no trade items, i mean really I can't trade these things with other players (which is fine) but man some of the drops are really rare and I would like to hand them to my other wizards to use in stead of having to farm again 50+ times per item on another wizard.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
It was good until now. We have to buy it with crowns, i liked it when we could of bought it with gold and crowns.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
i also agree it stinks usually all the crowns stuff i get is bought by me with gold, but one day i was going to buy the hat that gives you dryad from mooshu and it wasnt there i checked zeke and it was there. so i had to beg my dad to give me crowns. luckily i got the crowns and the hat and that was the bright side at least (this message is written by Angus Darkflame lvl 36)