Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I have a problem

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Well, I just downloaded Wizard101 onto my other computer, because it suddenly decided that it didn't want to work on the laptop. (KingsIsle, I am writing you an email later about that.) So anyways, I downloaded it on my computer yesterday, and it isn't quite working right. Everywhere except the commons and my friends castle (I guess I stayed long enough for it to load, I don't know) are black. Everything that doesn't move is black. So I can see running water, fire, rustling plants, and occasionally people. Even weirder, while in the commons, I couldn't see anyone who had text chat, only people with window chat. And, there were pets running around everywhere. Just pets, no people. I could see what people where saying in my window, but their speech bubble would pop up for about two seconds in the middle of my computer screen about a minute or two after they said it. There were no wisps anywhere in the commons, but text chat whispering was working perfectly well. Lastly, the game said that nothing was loading, so it couldn't be that it wasn't done, could it?

What is going on here?

Administrator
That is your video card, young Wizard. It would appear to need an update.

Please see this page on how to update your video card's drivers.
http://kingsisle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/172

community@wizard101.com