Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How I Would Balance PvP

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
This is how i would balance pvp.

Say we have Jack, and Jack is a lvl 35 balance wizard. his current rank is 700 but his highest is 900. The way the game would match him is like this.

Take his lvl and rank and apply it to the chart.

chart 1 *assume wizard at lvl is private.
Rank-Lvl Below 500
500 - 35 400 - 35
550 - 35 300 - 30
600 - 40 -200 - 25
700 - 45
800 - 50
900+ - 55

The game will look for people around the same rank and lvl as him of course for every 100 points counting as 5 levels to give or take. so say Jack at his rank and Jill is lvl 30 but is rank 900. the game would match these 2 together. But say Jill gets off and there is someone called Bill who is lvl 40 but has a rank of 600. the game would match these 2 together. etc and so forth. However there will be a 20 lvl reach cap were anyone below or above 20 levels of you cant 1v1 you. how would team games be matched? do the same for a 1v1 match making for both players and find a median good option for them.

What about "puppets"? well say Jack wants to pvp with his friend Joey lvl 15 (rank 8000. The game will recognize it and react in this way. Take the highest leveled person
subtract 10 levels off their own and call that the level of everyone. Then the game will search (in Jack and Joeys) high ranked lvl 25's.

This can be modified to work better it is very plain but it means that lvl 80 with lvl 1 puppets will be put against lvl 70 people with rank near their own.

I have also came up with a simple way to decide how points will be given out.

*max points possible= 32 **Based on player who won

+5 points no more than 3 treasure cards were used/ no treasure card caused defeat (enchantments don't count).

+5 if the person is lower leveled than you (by 5 levels)

+2 For every rank you are lower than (by badge not number max 10)

+5 if a critical didn't kill.

+7 Win

-5 for every 5 levels victor is higher than them.

Again even that list is shaky what are your all comments, idea's, criticism about it.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
this could be solved for Puppet teams yes, but it only balances that.

When we say Balance pvp, we mean everything, not just puppets and points.

We mean spells, resists, criticals, first turn, healing boosts etc. *Luck*

@jackflame

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Puppet teams are not the only thing " ruining " PvP you know. But nice idea anyways but I think if KI has known about puppet teams for so long and have done nothing to stop them they won't be doing it anytime soon.