Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-18-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Already Friday? Time sure flies when you're having fun! Since Friday has so quickly graced us with it's presence, it's time for the question of the week!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's talk pets this week. If your pet could do something else besides what it does now, what would it do? For example, I would LOVE if my pet could help grade papers, but I'm sure you Wizards can think of some more exciting things than that!

Have a great Friday, and the rest of your weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I would LOVE it if my pet could cast amplify without me having to pick the card. I love the sprite spell,unicorn,and pierce. I would also LOVE it if they could wash dishes or vacuum! I guess i will have to leave that to my kids! LOL!

Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
I would love to be able to;
A) train them up to, or get the talent of becoming a pet mount. That is a mount that was and still acts like a pet. Another idea off of this is that we would get the mount of said pet when the level or talent of pet is reached.
B) i would also enjoy being able to havew select pets where you could pick certain possible talents. EX: a specail crowns pet where there is a selelction window to choose possible talents when training. This could also include spells they earn at level "baby".

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Cast minor offensive spells on its own. That or that you could make them do things. It would also be fun to be your pet outside of pet games for a little bit.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I would love if my pets that have attack spells as an ability could make their attacks stronger as they lvl up from teen to adult to the higher stages

Community Leader
Why not let our pets garden for us? That'd be a wonderful thing that they could do if we are away on vacation or whatever. If they can fight with us, why not garden? They are our partners, aren't they? They also can work for their food that is dropped from the gardens lol.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Aug 09, 2010
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
If my pet could do anything else it would definetly be the ability to talk to me during battles!!!!! Give me some positive encouragement when things are looking bad against the enemies of the Spiral! :-) (Like how Merle Ambrose and all the other professors have their own voice)

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
I'd like to see my pet cast a halo on me that would protect me from stuns for 6 rounds.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Lets us see all the talents it can possibly manifest when it grows, maybe even let us do something thats very hard to accomplish to get a specific talent. Or let us choose to use it as minion from the beginning of a duel or just a regular pet would be cool too, and if its a minion and its defeated then it doesn't give you the talent boosts anymore, but it sticks around after being defeated so you can try to heal it unlike a normal defeated minion.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
I would love it if my pet(s) could add additional starting pips. There are wands, staffs and blades that add an additional pip or power pip. And these newer beasts and bosses in Celestia, Zafaria and Avalon start out with 5 and 6 power pips. We are still stuck with the one extra that we get, ONLY due to having a particular wand or staff. If I could have my pet do only one more thing...i think that would be what I would ask from it.

Also, would love to see Leviathan as a level 80 Storm pet! :D

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
I think it would be pretty cool if they could talk and when you said something like "good boy!" Or "good girl!" they could react and talk back

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
:D
I would Love to see our pets grow. As they are trained, they get bigger or they change in some way.

Love the spiral world!

From the Cool Grandma= Liza5
:D

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
Dear Professor Falmea,

I would love if our pets could give critical/block points just as they have the potential to boost damage, resistance, accuracy, and pips. I can not see this getting out of hand if the maximum boost is only around 10%. Another thing I would like out of the pets would be spells that just look a tad more like the spell card. For example, Spiritly Minotaur looks like a regular minotaur and nothing like the pet. The Deadly Nightwalker (Death Minotaur card) however gives a card that looks exactly like the pet and spell card. I'd love to see more cards like Death Minotaur. One last thing I would like to see the pets do is have needs like plants. It would keep lots of people busy playing if every day they had to feed the pets. For the younger people out there it would probably teach them resposibility in a way. Perhaps if Kitty the Inferno Cat wasn't fed, Kitty would not let its owner use the item card or something on those lines.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

A happy customer

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
haha :P if my pet could something besides what it already does, it would totally give me a pair of blue fairy wings jk lol :P but still that would be cool too ....

anyway, it would for sure act as some kind of compass thingy, let me explain:
say, i see someone with this awesome robe, but i don't know where it can be dropped. i type in the name of the robe and my pet would then sniff around. next, a balloon would pop up telling me the possible areas that robe could be dropped in (ex. the street then world like, dun dara, avalon) i would choose an area and click on it. it would then teleport me to that world and i would go to dun dara or where ever the street is.then once i got to that area my pet would sniff again then right next to the quest helper, a paw print shaped arrow would appear leading me to the exact boss or enemy location. ah yes, this would make farming for gear soooo much easier!

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
I'd love to teach my pets Gardening talents. Similar to the treasure cards that let you take care of all Magic for outdoor plants etc., I could turn loose a pet with a Watering talent in my front yard to water all my plants while I'm off adventuring (or offline to real life). Or it could be a Scarecrow pet, that chases off all the Pests up to a certain level - the more rare the Pest talent the stronger bugs it gets rid of. And to keep it from being too powerful, there would be a limit of one active gardening pet per house - or even limit one active per wizard - and since a pet only has four talents at most it could help but not do everything for us.

I'd also add a special Gardening Pet housing item to the pet shops - a collar or pet bed or food dish, something like that - put a limit one on the item and then use the item to pick which pet in the area is my active gardener (like putting a scroll in a music box and telling it which one to play).

- Sierra Starsong, lvl 75 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
Man I would love it if my pet could DO my papers!

Wait, I should't have said, I'm a fire wizard and....

oh boy

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
I would like all pets to be able to give a balance blade and healing ... also it would be nice if we could pic the cards of the henchmen we purchase

Community Leader
Addition to letting our pets garden for us, why not create gardening talents for them? It would be cool if we could create an ultimate gardening pet.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Armiger
May 10, 2010
I would love for my pet to be able to remove all shields from my opponents, or to remove any negative charms that are on me. I would also like my pets to be even more helpful than they already are. Pets are so awesome and make each and every wizard unique. I would love for my pets to steal healing of my opponents. Yes, these are a few of the things I would love to see my pet do.

Sorry, I don't want my pet to cook my dinner and wash my clothes.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
Some pets are able to summon minions to help during battle. However, the rank(power) of the minion is often low. I think it would be cool if more pets could summon minions to aid in combat and have the power rank based on the pets age or abilities. For example, a baby pet may summon a rank 5 or lower minion where as an ancient pet may summon a rank 50 plus minion. I think it would be helpful too if pet energy and gardening did not operate from the same elixir bottle. Many times with a large garden, most energy is spent on the garden which causes the pets to take longer to build in skills or vise versa.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
Well, I would wish my pet would actually eat unwanted houses..but I guess the gobblers can't even do that either. :P

Besides that, I wish my pets can be seen while on mounts. Possibly tying to tale on. Hopefully, my Magic Carpet would be easy for it to grab on.

Although these ideas seem ridiculous, I truly hope, you'll add some more wonderful features to a wizard's best friend.

Yours Truly,
Jonathan Anvilvault
Conjuring in the Spiral

Survivor
Feb 05, 2012
Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
I would LOVE it if my pet could block an incoming spell on occasion. It would really be cool to see my pet jump in front of me and stop an attack or better yet turn it back on the offender!

Thanks for listening!
Cassy5